Everyone still sure Leon beats Jorge?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The narrative around a potential fight between Edwards and Masvidal seemed to be overwhelmingly that Edwards would cruise to a decision win, that Jorge is scared, ducking, etc.

But after watching Masvidal toy with Nate and finish him, and Edwards backpedalling and clinching for dear life to survive for another decision, are you still as convinced that Leon is such a favourite in that fight?

I don’t think Jorge is a world beater or anything, but Edwards might be one of the most overrated guys on the roster, And I wouldn’t be surprised if he got knocked out by Street Jesus especially after what we saw the other day.

Last edited:
Mas didn't finish Nate. The doctor did. It's definitely a highly intriguing matchup even without the 3 piece and soda incident.

They both absolutely smashed Nate. Mas was more vicious while Edwards was smoother yet still just as effective.

Sherdog told me not to like Edwards' style but I'm sorry I did enjoy his technical brilliance. I'm not confident one way or the other in the head to head matchup but it seems to me that Edwards might be the better welterweight overall.

Just my 2 cents.

If Leon has to wait it out for a title shot, another money fight with Mas would make sense..

I'd favour Leon, but I favoured Till too... Who knows how that KO will have affected Mas, he's getting on a bit now too.

I think Jorge will be gun shy or tentative if they fight now. Leon by decision or late finish IMO

If Leon fights jorge in the next yr jorge gets stopped ... that ko he took from usman was too much

if he fights jorge a year later i take jorge by KO

The narrative around a potential fight between Edwards and Masvidal seemed to be overwhelmingly that Edwards would cruise to a decision win.

But after watching Masvidal toy with Nate and finish him, and Edwards backpedalling and clinching for dear life to survive for another decision, are you still as convinced that Leon is such a favourite in that fight?

I don’t think Jorge is a world beater or anything, but Edwards might be one of the most overrated guys on the roster, And I wouldn’t be surprised if he got knocked out by Street Jesus especially after what we saw the other day.
I could see Jorge finishing him or the fight being competitive and Jorge coasting the last round to lose a close decision.

the same thing could have easily happened to jorge

Masvidal has the power to put anyone away, but Leon is more technical. It's a close fight, but I think Leon takes it.

Back