Everyone still sure Leon beats Jorge?

Because Jorge only wants to fight Leon now based on those last 6 seconds.

Don't just talk rankings, or wikipedias. Nate was only put that high for the BMF. Askren off the win over Lawler which even then is disputable. They weren't top quality names, on par with Leons although RDA may be a better win than all of those 3 fighters.

Stop pretending Jorge is so far above Leon. They're both on par with each other and should have fought each other by now. Fans need to stop thinking it's ridiculous to suggest two top 5 guys can actually fight each other in the decision.
Lol rda is not a better win than till who just fought for belt.
Rda never had a title shot at 170
Even now till is still top ranked a division above
And diaz just beat pettis who kod thompson to earn his ranking.
Also masvidal beat diaz brutally every round leon did not.
And askren was undefeated.

like i said look how they both dealt with cerrone even before diaz

leon has zero top 5 wins

leon has zero top 5 wins
What you on about? Leon beat the shit out of Nate the whole fight up until the last 45 secs :D

To have made it a complete white wash all he had to do was attack his legs for the last 2 mins. Instead, while head hunting, he switched off for a second and still managed to slip and move out the way of pretty much all the follow up punches. If it wasn't for that 1 punch, no one would be talking about Diaz after this fight as he offered nothing for a full on 24 minutes.

This whole narrative that “the weaker guy cracked him so this guy with more power puts him away is complete BS”. People thought that if Kelvin hurt Izzy then Bobby would’ve KOd him which didn’t happen. Can’t believe there are people that seriously though Bob stood a chance.

Leon is a superior fighter overall to Masvidal, better technique, equal power and speed and probably a better wrestler. Plus Masvidal been viciously KOd not too long ago.

Don’t lie to yourself folks, we all know Leon gets it done.

Masvidal Viciously KO'd the superior striker in Till. He also managed to survive the grappling of Usman and Maia.

I think he beats Leon bad, however his age is becoming a factor.

Reactions: D'z
All I see is a bunch of mma math in this thread.

"Diaz hurt Edwards so imagine what Jorge would do to him!!!"

One of the dumbest ways to pick a fight.

I still seen leon coasting to an easy 50 - 45 decision.

The narrative around a potential fight between Edwards and Masvidal seemed to be overwhelmingly that Edwards would cruise to a decision win, that Jorge is scared, ducking, etc.

But after watching Masvidal toy with Nate and finish him, and Edwards backpedalling and clinching for dear life to survive for another decision, are you still as convinced that Leon is such a favourite in that fight?

I don’t think Jorge is a world beater or anything, but Edwards might be one of the most overrated guys on the roster, And I wouldn’t be surprised if he got knocked out by Street Jesus especially after what we saw the other day.

Yeah. I think Edwards fucking run over Jorge, which is why this fight hasn't happened yet because Jorge knows this.

I know him getting rocked might be reason why he doesn't get the title shot next, but it might be good, Jorge might be more open to this fight now haha.

Nate in fifth round is better than most fighters in the history of the game. I do think if Nate fight wasn't stopped early, I am 100 percent sure Nate would have came back in that fight, though not sure if he would've won but he would've put it on Jorge.

Leon is really good. I don't get the hate.

not sure Gamebread will ever be the same after his KO loss. Something that dramatic can change a fighter

Yeah. I think Edwards fucking run over Jorge, which is why this fight hasn't happened yet because Jorge knows this.
Really, you think THAT is the reason the fight hasn’t happen?

Grow up man, you post here so much you should know better.

Interesting revisionist history. I was under the impression that the overwhelming majority thought Mas would beat Edwards.

That said I think Edwards is the better fighter in a vacuum. But he has shown a possible suspect chin and Masvidal has show stopping power.

I think if that fight happens it's either Edwards by tactical decision or Masvidal by violence.

3 piece and a soada all day son.

I think Leon dominates him. People are confusing exciting with quality.

leon has zero top 5 wins

As a fighter, RDA is a better fighter than all 3 of those. He's a former champ.

Ya THATS why... it’s not because he was making millions and getting title shots.

He goes after Usman twice but he’s ducking Edwards because he’s scared of losing. Ya you sound like a 12 year old, and not a very smart one.

<YeahOKJen>

I am 12, now stop talking to me you paedophile.

Leon is ducking and refusing to fight anyone except the champ.

Expect to see Leon again in 2022 against another fight sat outside the top 10, with Leon claiming "After this fight I deserve it, I am the one who doesn't say no and fights all these guys"

Id have made Mas the favourite before but since getting brutally KOed who knows. His confidence may be shot after that.

As a fighter, RDA is a better fighter than all 3 of those. He's a former champ.
Thats not how it works context matters
Rda on a losing skid is not a better welterweight than till or askren.
After losing to edwards rda got smother by cheisa.
Rda never had a title shot at 170, he was never top 3.

woodley is a former champion and i think everyone agrees a win over him would
Be less significant than a win over colby.

so no rda at rank number 8 at 170 was not a better welterweight than till or askren who were both top 5 welterweights (till being the number one contender at one point)

Thats not how it works context matters
Rda on a losing skid is not a better welterweight than till or askren.
After losing to edwards rda got smother by cheisa.
Rda never had a title shot at 170, he was never top 3.

woodley is a former champion and i think everyone agrees a win over him would
Be less significant than a win over colby.

so no rda at rank number 8 at 170 was not a better welterweight than till or askren who were both top 5 welterweights (till being the number one contender at one point)

Context does matter. Tiill's biggest win at the time was over Cowboy, who else? A Wonderboy robbery?

Askren already had a question mark over his level after the Robbie finish.

Why are you bringing Woodley or Colby into it now? You're bragging about Nate being a legit win but not RDA? Pretty sure only one of them was the champ at LW.

I wasn't talking context, I'm talking facts. RDA is/was a better fighter than Till, Askren and Nate.

Context does matter. Tiill's biggest win at the time was over Cowboy, who else? A Wonderboy robbery?

Askren already had a question mark over his level after the Robbie finish.

Why are you bringing Woodley or Colby into it now? You're bragging about Nate being a legit win but not RDA? Pretty sure only one of them was the champ at LW.

I wasn't talking context, I'm talking facts. RDA is/was a better fighter than Till, Askren and Nate.

at 170? Nope.
And factually? Rankings are the only things we can use as facts and that also shows your wrong.

Rda and nate were never top 5 welterweights
Till and askren were, despite rdas accomplishments at lightweight they dont mean anything at 170.

Till would beat rda 9/10 times at 170 and akren likely would aswell so no he was not a better welterweight, he got smothered by cheisa at 170

also leon only won a split decision against a shopworn cowboy soo dont undermine him too much

leon still has zero top 5 wins and rda was never a contender at 170 like till

at 170? Nope.
And factually? Rankings are the only things we can use as facts and that also shows your wrong.

Rda and nate were never top 5 welterweights
Till and askren were, despite rdas accomplishments at lightweight they dont mean anything at 170.

Till would beat rda 9/10 times at 170 and akren likely would aswell so no he was not a better welterweight, he got smothered by cheisa at 170

also leon only won a split decision against a shopworn cowboy soo dont undermine him too much

leon still has zero top 5 wins and rda was never a contender at 170 like till

Rankings aren't facts, they're biased. Nate was included for the Jorge fight only, unranked at WW before then. They're not facts, if you're talking about the UFC rankings as facts then you're severely mistaken.

Leon was removed for inactivity, does that mean it's fact that he isn't in the top 15 WWs in the world? Of course it doesn't, it just means you believe everything the UFC puts in front of you.

Everything else you said is what ifs, Askren and Till didn't beat RDA. Now you're just talking hypothetical. Have a look at guys Colby, Usman, Burns all beat before a title shot aswell and tell me again Leon doesn't deserve won, his resume is equal if not better than all of those.

Back