Opinion Everyone dancing in the street

EmRIIR8U8AAsAyd.jpg%3Alarge

EmRIIR-VgAALkWF.jpg%3Alarge

It's all politics

If COVID 19 was really that dangerous, those people wouldn't even leave their homes or be forced back to their homes by armed National Guardsmen for their own 'protection.'

We all know we got played by this plandemic and people are still going along with it. Unbelievable

It's all politics

If COVID 19 was really that dangerous, those people wouldn't even leave their homes or be forced back to their homes by armed National Guardsmen for their own 'protection.'

We all know we got played by this plandemic and people are still going along with it. Unbelievable
B-b-b-but science!! Experts!! Fauci!!

This is 100% bullshit. There was 1 to 2 billion dollars in damage (and that number only includes May and June)
https://www.axios.com/riots-cost-property-damage-276c9bcc-a455-4067-b06a-66f9db4cea9c.html

Do you really expect any one to believe your lies?

Oh, lots of people I spoke to in NYC before the election sincerely believed that they were boarding up all of midtown because right wingers would riot and loot if Biden won

They weren't being facetious either, they thought that the rioting and looting was primarily white supremacists and other right wing agitators

Maybe @Queen B was one of them, I don't know, it is likely, but who knows, maybe he was, I'm not saying he was, definitely he was

I don’t really count this as hypocrisy to be honest

This is a historical moment, the meaningfulness of it can’t be understated. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents put together the strongest turnout in American history to overcome a very persuasive and influential zealot presidency.

lesser countries don’t do this - the bull shit rhetoric and scare tactics work - the conman wins, and the country inches closer to disaster

that didn’t happen in America because enough people from the right were able to cut through the bullshit and cast a country over party vote

We effectively changed how this chapter in America history ends. To celebrate that, overcome with joy, isn’t even comparable to shirking guidelines day in and day out by throwing house parties, not wearing a mask, and cramming into packed bars

This is a gross false equivalence and as such seems like a cope post

I don't care if you're Left, Right, Up, Down, or Sideways politically. This is hypocrisy to the highest level and it needs to be called out

How can public health officials and our government tell us since March that millions are going to die if we don't lockdown and social distance and then change that narrative as they see fit because the country needs to celebrate?! There shouldn't be any mass gatherings indoors or outdoors if we are really in a pandemic. A bunch of young people cannot sit in a football stadium to watch a 3 hour game but they can go out in the streets dancing and giving each other high fives because Trump is on his way out?!

I don't care if you voted for Trump or not. It's hypocritical bullshit. But it is what it is

The "riots" are vastly exaggerated fear mongering fucking nonsense peddled by midwit right wingers. They did not happen to nearly the extent or damage that the Drumpftards think they did.
Um, can you send MN a check for $500 million?

K thanks. Guess that # is irrelevant and you never saw the damage first hand. Or had your friends business smashed up....

Yup.

I don't care if you're Left, Right, Up, Down, or Sideways politically. This is hypocrisy to the highest level and it needs to be called out

How can public health officials and our government tell us since March that millions are going to die if we don't lockdown and social distance and then change that narrative as they see fit because the country needs to celebrate?! There shouldn't be any mass gatherings indoors or outdoors if we are really in a pandemic. A bunch of young people cannot sit in a football stadium to watch a 3 hour game but they can go out in the streets dancing and giving each other high fives because Trump is on his way out?!

I don't care if you voted for Trump or not. It's hypocritical bullshit. But it is what it is

It’s hypocritical if you claim you can’t go to sports shows gather outside, etc, but then do so yourself

It’s not hypocritical to say why are you throwing house parties, packing bars, and not wasting a mask, but then dancing in the street

there’s a key distinction between those two

a lot of folks just look at this and pump up their fake outrage over hypocrisy

I don’t care, you’re dumb if you’re angry at a “side” about Covid

It is a problem that we should work together to solve. It’s apolitical. It’s real. At this point, everyone holding on to lockdown cuck vs flu bro debates is a moron, and that goes for both sides

I think your confusing protest with riot.

Example, nearly every blue city boarded up windows prior to the Election and are only taking them down now that Biden was announced the winner. Those windows weren't boarded up for the sake of the right.

The exact same people dancing in the streets woulda been throwing bricks through windows if Trump was announced the winner.

If were supposed to heal as a Nation Under Biden it's best to know what the rules are going forward? When is it acceptable for the right to riot against Biden if they don't like him as President? I mean the precedent has been set, just start burning and looting 6 months out. Republican AG's, Mayors, and Governors will not prosecute and blame it on failed Biden Leadership.

That was the Democrat playbook this cycle so...

asking for a friend.

I mean

If you wanna burn down Wyoming or something have at it I guess.

Fake outrage?!

I know people who have lost their businesses and had to lay off all their employees because of COVID 19 restrictions. They have closed over 60 restaurants in Portland, eateries that had been open for 20 to 30 years because they lost so much revenue and couldn't make the money back. Most of them will never recover from their losses long after COVID is an afterthought. Then on top of all that, protestors start rioting and burning up a lot of these places after they reopened and the city did little to nothing to stop it. And this was before Biden won the Election

People literally celebrating in the streets but can't stay in Applebee's past 9pm because of the pandemic?!

Just help me understand this logic. I'm serious

Last edited:
It’s hypocritical if you claim you can’t go to sports shows gather outside, etc, but then do so yourself

It’s not hypocritical to say why are you throwing house parties, packing bars, and not wasting a mask, but then dancing in the street

there’s a key distinction between those two

I don’t care, you’re dumb if you’re angry at a “side” about Covid

It is a problem that we should work together to solve. It’s apolitical. It’s real. At this point, everyone holding on to lockdown cuck vs flu bro debates is a moron, and that goes for both sides
Here's another poster full of shit. Look at Cali's Thanksgiving rules:
The guidelines, in part, are:

• Gatherings can not have people from more than three households. This includes anyone who is present at the gatherings.
  • Keep the households you spend time with stable. Don’t mix into multiple gatherings.
  • The host should collect names and contact information of attendees for contact tracing.
  • All gatherings must be held outside. People can go inside to use the bathroom.
  • Gatherings “may occur in outdoor spaces that are covered by umbrellas, canopies, awnings, roofs, and other shade structures provided that at least three sides of the space (or 75%) are open to the outdoors.”
  • Gatherings of more than three households can happen at a park or outdoor space.
  • Don’t attend a gathering if you feel sick.
  • Keep physical distance from others and practice hand hygiene.
  • Wear a face mask when you can to stop COVID-19 from spreading.
  • Gatherings should only be two hours or less.
  • “Singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged.” Those who participate in those activities should wear masks.

Last edited:
Fake outrage?!

I know people who have lost their businesses and had to lay off all their employees because of COVID 19 restrictions. They have closed over 60 restaurants in Portland, eateries that had been for 20 to 30 years because they lost so much funding and couldn't make the money back. Most of them will never recover from their losses long after COVID is an afterthought. Then on top of all that, protestors start rioting and burning up a lot of these places after they reopened and the city to little to nothing to stop it. And this was before Biden won the Election

People literally celebrating in the streets but can't stay in Applebee's past 9pm because of the pandemic?!

Just help me understand this logic. I'm serious

Because it’s possible, and expected that a spontaneous outpouring of joy would cause people to momentarily disregard their very real concerns

I went out yesterday, in a mask, and social distanced, because I was moved by the moment. I was concerned yes, I was worried yes. But I was also overcome with joy.

Simultaneously, I’m doing everything I can to reduce my contact with others post outing because i don’t want to be a bigger part of the problem, simultaneously, I think people should take mitigation strategies seriously in their day to day lives

the logical path here is in seeing that the way we behave is never a zero sum game between our principles and our actions

The fake outrage is in pushing the pretense that it is a zero sum game so that a foundation for your “impassioned” political argument exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back