Every slam finish in UFC History

ImpassionedAcademicHyrax-size_restricted.gif

i still dont know how the hell bader didnt break his neck or arm in this one

Do they have Simms v Mir, with the follow up stomps? I liked that one :)

(EDIT: just fast forwarded through, didn't see Simms v Mir. Not surprisingly.)
If you want some good ol' Wes "The Project" Sims slam goodness, look no further tha Wes Sims vs Edwin Allseitz.
The one and only jackknife powerbomb recorded in MMA...
Too bad for the soccer kick that DQ's big Wes at the end, Mark Coleman protested vehemently but alas...

giphy.gif

ps: RIP Mr Allseitz, who passed away in his sleep about 3 years after this fight...

If you want some good ol' Wes "The Project" Sims slam goodness, look no further tha Wes Sims vs Edwin Allseitz.
Too bad for the soccer kick that DQ's big Wes at the end, Mark Coleman protested vehemently but alas...

giphy.gif

ps: RIP Mr Allseitz, who passed away in his sleep about 3 years after this fight...
Damn. Thank you for that.

I think they look mostly look at intent - sort of like the head butt issue you were just mentioning

I've also seem some people think that a "Spike" is actually like a pile driver where they get dumped straight onto the head

but even then, this wasn't called a foul
q0sEXQO.gif

I remember that fight, but dont it also appear as Nate is trying to turn dude over to land on his shoulder so he can take top position? Leites was resisting the full rotation knowing the outcome if he allowed it i thinks

giphy.gif

Clearly the great slam in MMA history

1. Randleman slam didn't end fight
2. Shamrock slam was very early on and anticlimatic

Arona/Rampage was a huge fight at the time and it appeared as if Page may have been in trouble there
slam travis wiuff vs leopoldo montenegro 1.gif slam travis wiuff vs leopoldo montenegro 2.gif

NRS 467.030)  The following acts constitute fouls in a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts:
18.  Spiking an opponent to the canvas on the opponent’s head or neck.

seems like he intentionally dropped him onto his head?

Andrade wrecking Namajunas seemed like a spike. Just sort of an unenforced rule.

I think they look mostly look at intent - sort of like the head butt issue you were just mentioning

I've also seem some people think that a "Spike" is actually like a pile driver where they get dumped straight onto the head

but even then, this wasn't called a foul
q0sEXQO.gif
it was Big John that defined what that rule pertains to ((an actual piledriver from wrestling like....))
OrangePersonalHellbender-max-1mb.gif
specifically, I always felt that belcher on cote was as much of a spike on the head that you could possibly give someone ((Sapp vs Nog was worse IMO but not against the rules in Pride insofar as I know)) but I believe it was because of the Belcher vs Cote fight that Big John cleared up what was exactly meant by the rule, in an interview

stupid rule really...

giphy.gif

Definitely the most flashy but not the only one
0oWSV7W.gif

I love this one
giphy.gif

Ah yes. the good ol' "throw him like a sack of shit" technique.

The Khabilov one is also great, if I remember correctly he suplexed that dude like 8 times during that fight.

Definitely the most flashy but not the only one
0oWSV7W.gif

Damn, how could I forget about "The Handsome Hitman" himself, Nick Hobbs?
That was in the rematch against Matt Page, unless I'm mistaken? Pretty sure that's the infamous Master Ken dude getting slammed throught the floor {<BJPeen}

Nick Hobbs also had this sweet slam there, against Ryan Mcintosh =>
(at 3.24 if you don't wanna watch the whole fight)

Last edited:
Back