Every slam finish in UFC History

NRS 467.030)  The following acts constitute fouls in a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts:
18.  Spiking an opponent to the canvas on the opponent’s head or neck.

seems like he intentionally dropped him onto his head?

Andrade wrecking Namajunas seemed like a spike. Just sort of an unenforced rule.

Andrade wrecking Namajunas seemed like a spike. Just sort of an unenforced rule.

I think they look mostly look at intent - sort of like the head butt issue you were just mentioning

I've also seem some people think that a "Spike" is actually like a pile driver where they get dumped straight onto the head

but even then, this wasn't called a foul
q0sEXQO.gif

I think they look mostly look at intent - sort of like the head butt issue you were just mentioning

I've also seem some people think that a "Spike" is actually like a pile driver where they get dumped straight onto the head

q0sEXQO.gif

Yeah, I've heard that definition of a spike, but if you angle the slam so they hit head first it seems rather spikey. It happens rarely enough and is awesome, so they just let it slide.

i really like andrades slam on rose. that was beautiful.

there were a few of those slams where the fighter followed up with shots. that made me feel sick. harris was a boss and didnt go to strike after, frank did the same went for one but then restrained himself. steeles and who ever slammed pichel did a real dirty.

Hespect to the fighters that show restraint when the opponent is clearly knocked out.

q0sEXQO.gif

Marquardt did get a point taken away for that didn’t he?

I think it ultimately lost him the fight...

*edit*

My mistake.

You are correct. It seems the point deductions were for some other fouls.

1:40 check out how Harris wedges his forearm under the chin, and into the neck of his opponent during the slam. I'm not even sure what to take from that.

Can't tuck the chin, the less chance of surviving the slam.

One thing I noticed is the troglodyte types follow up with punches.

In almost all of them the KO was a product of a headbutt.

That was a neat video but it did not include every one. My favorite one was Tim Boetsch over David Heath. It was similar to Galore Bofando's KO over Charlie Ward shown in the video. Terry Martin had a nasty one on Ivan Salaverry as well.

I feel where you're coming from, but most of these aren't intentional headbutts and are sort of hard to separate out whether the head hitting the mat or the headbutt did the most damage. The head against head is just using head control in the clinch. During the slam, the heads stay positioned the same. Usually the slammer has his forehead in the chin or against the jaw of the slammee.
Yes most of them but the Tito one was obviously intentional. Compare that to Rampage on Arona and you see the difference between incidental and intentional. Tito set that up and deliberately slammed Tanner's head into the mat with his head slamming into Evans head.

Yes most of them but the Tito one was obviously intentional. Compare that to Rampage on Arona and you see the difference between incidental and intentional. Tito set that up and deliberately slammed Tanner's head into the mat with his head slamming into Evans head.

I think you are right. Plus the size of his head alone makes it worse.

0hRx5ML.jpg

Nice commonly known pro-wrestling moves used in real fights.

I wish the commentators are more cross knowledgeable (like Mauro in Pride) and use the proper move names like Powerbomb, Spinebuster, etc. instead of calling everything a “slam”.

Back