ESPN: GSP-Condit is Fight of the year

GSP/Condit is easily as worthy of FOTY as anything. GSP's performance off an 18 month lay off and potential career ending injury, was hands down, the mixed martial arts performance of the year. Just based on GSP's mixed martial arts performance of the year, that alone should more than qualify the fight for FOTY, as GSP, the PPV King, continues to reign supreme.

lol keep dreaming bout your boy georges

Lauzon/Varner and Fitch/Silva were better, but as a headliner that delivered on the majority of the hype, have to give it to St. Pierre/Condit.

best gsp fight in a while, still there were better fights.

Last edited:
The only people saying it was FOTY are GSP nuthuggers. It wasn't even in the top 10 best fights of the year.

Well, looks like I will stop reading and watching ESPN now. I was a loyal fan but after this CRAPPY choice as fight of the year just proves they don't follow real MMA at all. Pathetic and they just lost one of their biggest fans.

lol keep dreaming bout your boy georges

That WW title is far from a dream and is the all too unfortunate reality for a hating bitch like you. You can go back to dreaming about the day the WW title will return to America though.

KZ/Poirier is about as overrated a fight as they come. It was an impressive finish and display of dominance by KZ, but Poirier wasn't very competitive or impressive, and it really wasn't that close a fight to feel such a slight. And Lauzon/Varner deserves FOTY for Varner gassing out in 2 rounds? Whatever dipshits.

I could probably name 50 better fights this year.

Here's a few: Zombie/Poirier, Varner/Lauzon, Woodard/Freire, Rogers/Spang, Boku/Moreira

ESPN's MMA coverage sucks.

Apparently they missed Chandler/Alvarez over there at ESPN.

Then again if it didn't happen in teh UFC it didn't happen, right?

that fight was definitely better than gsp/condit.

but i guess people are just excited that gsp was actually in an exciting fight! lol

Lauzon/Varner or KZ/Poirier for me

KZ/Poirier is about as overrated a fight as they come. It was an impressive finish and display of dominance by KZ, but Poirier wasn't very competitive or impressive, and it really wasn't that close a fight to feel such a slight. And Lauzon/Varner deserves FOTY for Varner gassing out in 2 rounds? Whatever dipshits.

It was overrated because it was a display of dominance in which Poirier wasn't very competitive or impressive? Most scored round 3 for Poirier, including 2 of the 3 Sherdog judges. Then Zombie finished him off early in round 4, so the fight was still in the balance always. And there were numerous back and forths with strikes and grappling. Poirier was in the fight scoring wise and in many moments throughout.

But there is no complaint about rating Condit-GSP so highly? Outside of one round that was a one-sided fight. And it was really one moment of one round where it looked like Condit had a chance.

Whatever dipshit.

Fedor/Rizzo and it's not even close. Fight confirmed what we already know; Fedor can compete with top UFC heavyweights (Rizzo former UFC hw champ).

been to a lot of fights live- and this was by far the best one i saw live, hands down fight of the year

I really enjoyed that fight, no doubt about it. Personally, my favorite fight this year was probably Fitch/Silva.

Back