ESPN: GSP-Condit is Fight of the year

It was overrated because it was a display of dominance in which Poirier wasn't very competitive or impressive? Most scored round 3 for Poirier, including 2 of the 3 Sherdog judges. Then Zombie finished him off early in round 4, so the fight was still in the balance always. And there were numerous back and forths with strikes and grappling. Poirier was in the fight scoring wise and in many moments throughout.

But there is no complaint about rating Condit-GSP so highly? Outside of one round that was a one-sided fight. And it was really one moment of one round where it looked like Condit had a chance.

Whatever dipshit.

Oh Wowwww, Poirier may have at best won a round in that fight. but really that would have been very generous to have even given him a round, and in actuality, he could have lost all 4 rounds, including being thoroughly out classed and finished in the 4rth. I gave Zombie every round personally, but what an absolute travesty that the entire mma universe does not come away feeling this was the greatest fight of all time like the Sherdog cult following of rabid little 145lb nuthuggers here do. How dare anyone give FOTY to a title fight that delivered everything a 5 round WW title fight could deliver in 25 minutes of MMA at the highest level of the sport. Just the insanity there, boycott ESPN, and lets cry like little bitches sherdog, yes you better believe you are a dipshit

Good fight. I thought GSP was gonna lose, when he got kicked in the head.

It's not just the fight itself. It was was the buildup of GSP's return after a severe injury. Then the fight started and GSP was in trouble with that kick to the head and everyone thought it was about to be over. but then GSP showed a champion's heart and overcame and dominated the rest of the fight.

Was it the fight of the year? I don't know but it had all the makings of it.

Typical dumb crap from ESPN.

Apparently they missed Chandler/Alvarez over there at ESPN.

Then again if it didn't happen in teh UFC it didn't happen, right?

Probably cause it occurred in 2011.

It was a great fight for his fans, because he won, and also a great fight for his haters because he got knocked down, hurt and nearly lost. A win-win for everyone.

Not even close to the KZ vs Poirier wtf is this biased shit? the second round by it self was far better than the whole Condit vs GSP fight whoever doesn't think so hasnt watched the fight

The first two rounds were typical GSP rounds, there was one great exchange in the third after GSP was dropped and then turned it around with a double. The last two rounds were typical GSP rounds. Condit's face being bloody and people being impressed that GSP looked like he might actually lose a fight for less than a minute don't make it FOTY.

As a GSP fan I am happy he shut up the haters saying he was boring. Yes he's had boring fights. But he isn't a boring fighter.

Still I think the fight of the year goes to KZ vs Poirier.

The first two rounds were typical GSP rounds, there was one great exchange in the third after GSP was dropped and then turned it around with a double. The last two rounds were typical GSP rounds. Condit's face being bloody and people being impressed that GSP looked like he might actually lose a fight for less than a minute don't make it FOTY.

Pretty much sums it up. That would be like having a blow out in one of the other main sports be game of the year. Im guessing ESPN chose this just because most of their audience knows GSP and they probably plan to have him and Diaz on to promote the next fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back