End of the Brazilian dominance?

God forbid people have patriotism. By the way you actually think the US is more brainwashed than north korea? Lol.

the US's brain washing is much more complex and underhanded. communist countries do it more openly, so it's easier for "free" countries like the US, UK, Canada etc to turn their populations against them, whilst not realizing they are getting controlled left, right and center!

plus, you don't know enough about how governments control their populations, so you're not in a position to comment on north korea.

the US ingrained patriotism (read brainwashing) is done from a young age and it runs all through their culture. that's why, in a sport in which fans are supposed to enjoy the fighting, all they can think about is which "country" has which belt. pathetic.

for me, caring about their nationality is like caring about their eye color or hair style - it's an irrelevant characteristic. plus it's completely transient as they could gain nationality to a different country quite easily... so who fucking cares?

then again, there's no country on earth more brainwashed than the US, so it is to be expected that all they'd care about is following their "countrymen".

Uhhhh...maybe because after any Brazilian fighter wins, their countrymen are so quick to assert how dominate and ahead of the game Brazilian fighters are?

Seriously, when JDS was on top, the same posts were being made about almost all champs being from Brazil.

the US's brain washing is much more complex and underhanded. communist countries do it more openly, so it's easier for "free" countries like the US, UK, Canada etc to turn their populations against them, whilst not realizing they are getting controlled left, right and center!

plus, you don't know enough about how governments control their populations, so you're not in a position to comment on north korea.

the US ingrained patriotism (read brainwashing) is done from a young age and it runs all through their culture. that's why, in a sport in which fans are supposed to enjoy the fighting, all they can think about is which "country" has which belt. pathetic.

The government does not secretly force people to be patriotic, the American people rightly feel proud of their country because of all the great things they've done and the way they've done it (liberty, free market capitalism and constitutional democracy).

Whatchu gon' say about it when Fabio is three weight class champ, Erick Silva dominates the WW for next 16 years, Gleison Tibau is crowned as the champ after TKO'ing Pettis, Aldo holds his belt, Rani Yahya gonna submit everybody in BW and Cyborg beats Honda? You ain't talking shit about Brazil then!

Jose Aldo is the only Brazilian fighter holding the UFC belt. Others holding the belt are: Johnson, Dillashaw, Pettis, Hendricks, Weidman, Jones, Cain.

That list also shows the biggest problem, 7 out of the 8 belts are held by Americans (8 out of 9 if you include Honda). Will Americans dominate the UFC the next ... years? And if so, do you guys know why? Is it because most events are held in America (home adventage), is it because the sport is the biggest in America, or is it because the sport is so dwarfish in the rest of the world?

it's strange that you would exclude ronda since she's the champ or is it because you dislike her that you're not able to be objective? i bet if it was any other woman besides ronda that was the ufc women's bantamweight champ, you would be including that person in your post.

What the hell? US is one of the least patriotic places at the moment. I'm not in the US at the moment and people here are crazy patriotic and every football match is practically a national holiday.

You're just a jealous, no-good, commie. Probably from Scandinavia, right?

it's strange that you would exclude ronda since she's the champ or is it because you dislike her that you're not able to be objective? i bet if it was any other woman besides ronda that was the ufc women's bantamweight champ, you would be including that person in your post.

Didn't name her because I can't pronounce her name. When I say it it's usually ''Honda'' that comes out. Sorry. :icon_chee

None of that and I actually did add her. Look it up.

What the hell? US is one of the least patriotic places at the moment. I'm not in the US at the moment and people here are crazy patriotic and every football match is practically a national holiday.

You're just a jealous, no-good, commie. Probably from Scandinavia, right?

Scandinavia isn't bad and not patriotic at all. It's the bigger countries that usually are very patriotic like Russia and I'm sorry to say also USA. Not necessary a bad thing though. My country (the Netherlands) usually only feels united when there is a worldcup or European Cup with football and when it's Kingsday (once a year). To a certan degree patriotism is a good thing, I think. Some we lack in our country.

Just read which comment you replied to. Also an idiot. Shrugs, many butturt people online. But I have to say, there are no freaking Commies in Scandinavia. HAHA.

for me, caring about their nationality is like caring about their eye color or hair style - it's an irrelevant characteristic. plus it's completely transient as they could gain nationality to a different country quite easily... so who fucking cares?

then again, there's no country on earth more brainwashed than the US, so it is to be expected that all they'd care about is following their "countrymen".

You can't ever not be a citizen of the U.S. after you gain citizenship.

Your argument is invalid.

there are still a lot of really good Brazilian fighters. Aldo will not be the last Brazilian champion.

You can't ever not be a citizen of the U.S. after you gain citizenship.

Your argument is invalid.

Was sort of curious if that was true so I just checked the INTERNET:
''Although rare, it is possible for a naturalized U.S. citizen to have his or her citizenship stripped through a process called "denaturalization." Former citizens who are denaturalized are subject to removal (deportation) from the United States. Natural-born U.S. citizens may not have their citizenship revoked against their will, but may choose to renounce their citizenship on their own. ''

Was sort of curious if that was true so I just checked the INTERNET:
''Although rare, it is possible for a naturalized U.S. citizen to have his or her citizenship stripped through a process called "denaturalization." Former citizens who are denaturalized are subject to removal (deportation) from the United States. Natural-born U.S. citizens may not have their citizenship revoked against their will, but may choose to renounce their citizenship on their own. ''

Exactly, and no one would ever choose to not be a U.S. citizen.

Checkmate.

Exactly, and no one would ever choose to not be a U.S. citizen.

Checkmate.

Ummm. Dude. First of all. You weren't having an argument with me. Also, not sure what the checkmate thing is for. You said it wasn't possible to revoke it but it is. How is that checkmate?

I think it may be a part of the evolution of the sport.

Once upon a time, Japan had a fair amount of representation in MMA, but now there are very few top level Japanese fighters.

As MMA grows, more money and resources will be available to fighters. I think it just so happens that the country where modern MMA was born, the U.S., has the best resources. The best camps, the best trainers, the most sponsors, etc.

And this trend reinforces itself, as the more successful American fighters become, the greater opportunities they will have.

Brazilians had a big advantage in the past in that many trained in a key discipline, BJJ, since they were young. Martial arts was more a part of mainstream culture and it paid off for them. Now, the U.S. is catching up. There's an influx of olympic athletes into MMA. Fighters are becoming movie stars. The U.S.'s nationalistic advantages: wealth, large size, diverse population, etc. are manifesting themselves more as MMA crosses over into mainstream American culture.

Back