End of the Brazilian dominance?

Jose Aldo is the only Brazilian fighter holding the UFC belt. Others holding the belt are: Johnson, Dillashaw, Pettis, Hendricks, Weidman, Jones, Cain.

That list also shows the biggest problem, 7 out of the 8 belts are held by Americans (8 out of 9 if you include Honda). Will Americans dominate the UFC the next ... years? And if so, do you guys know why? Is it because most events are held in America (home adventage), is it because the sport is the biggest in America, or is it because the sport is so dwarfish in the rest of the world?

There was once a time where Sherk, Hughes, Franklin, Liddell, and Couture were UFC champs. No way to predict who will win and when.

Scandinavia isn't bad and not patriotic at all. It's the bigger countries that usually are very patriotic like Russia and I'm sorry to say also USA. Not necessary a bad thing though. My country (the Netherlands) usually only feels united when there is a worldcup or European Cup with football and when it's Kingsday (once a year). To a certan degree patriotism is a good thing, I think. Some we lack in our country.

Just read which comment you replied to. Also an idiot. Shrugs, many butturt people online. But I have to say, there are no freaking Commies in Scandinavia. HAHA.

That's why I said that. Nearly every Scandinavian that I know is a hipster with this view on the world. "Ohhh it's not right to feel patriotic.", "Patriotic people are retarded." and stuff like that. It's sad, they've been PCd and feminized beyond belief. I call all hippies and hipsters commies :icon_chee

the real question is why europe, asia and africa are a bunch of sissies who cant fight

Why wouldn't America dominate?
Lame unified rules favoring american wrestlers, cage favoring wrestlers, most events in America (time zones suck)...

It would be weird, if all champions weren't american...

The government does not secretly force people to be patriotic, the American people rightly feel proud of their country because of all the great things they've done and the way they've done it (liberty, free market capitalism and constitutional democracy).

Liberty... that's a good one :D

In money mendes we trust, bring that belt home cuz. How great would it be to have Americans holding belts from 125-265 both male and female? The Gracie's didn't die for this...

This time next year I could realistically see Aldo, Khabib, Rory, Machida and Gus as being champs. I could even see Barao getting the strap back. Every fighter has an off night.

If I had to guess the non American champs will be Aldo, Khabib. I'm 50/50 on Machida taking the strap or Barao getting it back. Rory has a slim chance, but I wouldn't be completely shocked. I could see Gus beating Jones, but DC will wrestlefuck him if he does, so he wont keep the belt even if he does beat Jones IMO.

the US's brain washing is much more complex and underhanded. communist countries do it more openly, so it's easier for "free" countries like the US, UK, Canada etc to turn their populations against them, whilst not realizing they are getting controlled left, right and center!

plus, you don't know enough about how governments control their populations, so you're not in a position to comment on north korea.

the US ingrained patriotism (read brainwashing) is done from a young age and it runs all through their culture. that's why, in a sport in which fans are supposed to enjoy the fighting, all they can think about is which "country" has which belt. pathetic.

The amount of stupidity in this post is baffling. Gotta love it when a foreigner claims to know more about the U.S. than a U.S. citizen.

Why wouldn't America dominate?
Lame unified rules favoring american wrestlers, cage favoring wrestlers, most events in America (time zones suck)...

It would be weird, if all champions weren't american...
Ah, the lame argument of the unified rules favor wrestlers and American wrestlers at that. What a crock of horseshit. Maybe if the non American fighters were more athletic they'd win a title.
And lol @ complaining about time zones, that sucks for watching it but if that is your excuse as a competitor, well then...

Key word being dominance.

BW- new champ 0 defenses
LW- new champ 0 defenses
ww- new champ 0 defenses
MW- new champ 1 defense

They made hold the belt but they are a long long way from any sort of dominance or era talk.

Soon
Lyoto-Machida_20131021151822888_660_320.JPG

I don't think we were ever that dominant, TS, but things really are getting worse...
I knew the US would dominate eventually, because they already had great wrestlers and many of the best bjj coaches already live there. Also fighters with a wrestling base tend to have very good cardio, which gets more important every day.

I feel like brazilian mma is evolving, but american mma is evolving faster, specially because when wrestlers move to mma they are already very athletic. You can be a bjj world champion with very little muscle strength, just look at Caio Terra.

It sure isn't fun watching all our belts going away...
I am already preparing myself for the day Aldo loses... Gonna be a sad day...
I gotta give props to TJ. He really looked awesome yesterday.
I'll keep supporting our fighters, but I can't deny I have no hopes of ever seeing Brazil holding 3 belts at once. I still have hopes for MW though.

Ah, the lame argument of the unified rules favor wrestlers and American wrestlers at that. What a crock of horseshit. Maybe if the non American fighters were more athletic they'd win a title.
And lol @ complaining about time zones, that sucks for watching it but if that is your excuse as a competitor, well then...

Unified rules favor wrestlers a lot. That

Back