End of the Brazilian dominance?

Raziel82

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jose Aldo is the only Brazilian fighter holding the UFC belt. Others holding the belt are: Johnson, Dillashaw, Pettis, Hendricks, Weidman, Jones, Cain.

That list also shows the biggest problem, 7 out of the 8 belts are held by Americans (8 out of 9 if you include Honda). Will Americans dominate the UFC the next ... years? And if so, do you guys know why? Is it because most events are held in America (home adventage), is it because the sport is the biggest in America, or is it because the sport is so dwarfish in the rest of the world?

w0nhfl.jpg

Chad Mendes, August 2nd, BELIEVE!

All I gotta say is:

[YT]yVA-xTBeHyM[/YT]

That boy Chad Mendes ain't beating Scarface.

That makes no sense when a lot of the champions were brazilian at one point. It being in America is only a problem now because they're more american champions.

Never know it could swing back a different way
Gus
Machida
Werdum
Could all steal the show.

Nothing is set in stone although Werdum takin Cains belt is the least likely.

7 out of the 8 belts are held by Americans (8 out of 9 if you include Honda).

Why wouldn't you include Ronda?

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time taking you seriously when you're clearly misogynist.

That makes no sense when a lot of the champions were brazilian at one point. It being in America is only a problem now because they're more american champions.
At a point. Which Brazilian fighters do you see dominate the UFC from now on? Will JDS own Cain? Will Glover be the one to beat Jones or will it be DC or even Gus.

Name a weightclass which will be dominated by a Brazilian the upcoming years. I don't see one. Aldo is the only one left.

i don't understand why everyone seems to be willing the end of Brazilian dominance... is it just a nationalistic pride thing?

i honestly don't even think about where a fighter is from when they are fighting.

Never know it could swing back a different way
Gus
Machida
Werdum
Could all steal the show.

Nothing is set in stone although Werdum takin Cains belt is the least likely.

Gus? I think DC will. Machida could, he was great against Mousasi. I don't see Werdum beating Cain. Maybe if he pulls a trick like he did against Fedor, however don't see Cain falling for the same trick.

When did the Brazilians ever dominate?

To answer your question TS, Americans dominate cause they are the most badass people on planet Earth.

Why wouldn't you include Ronda?

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time taking you seriously when you're clearly misogynist.

I don't think it's as much because she's a woman as much as it is the division is paper thin

Times have changed, and they will continue to change.

For now, Americans run the ring. Only for now.

It's the neverending dynamic struggle between wrestlers and BJJ guys...boxers vs. Thai boxers etc...the grappling art you choose and the striking art you choose. And now the best training is happening in North America. It's all pooling in 'supercamps' where you get talented training partners and outstanding coaches in ALL areas, medical affiliates who understand the sport (instead of goofs who tell you to just rest indefinitely), proper agents who get sponsors that pay and arrange the fights that grow your career instead of truncate it. etc,etc... :icon_twis

for me, caring about their nationality is like caring about their eye color or hair style - it's an irrelevant characteristic. plus it's completely transient as they could gain nationality to a different country quite easily... so who fucking cares?

then again, there's no country on earth more brainwashed than the US, so it is to be expected that all they'd care about is following their "countrymen".

i believe Chad will definitely beat Aldo in the rematch.
Chad willb be a totally different fighter with beast mode and revenge mode on, the end of Aldo.

for me, caring about their nationality is like caring about their eye color or hair style - it's an irrelevant characteristic. plus it's completely transient as they could gain nationality to a different country quite easily... so who fucking cares?

then again, there's no country on earth more brainwashed than the US, so it is to be expected that all they'd care about is following their "countrymen".

God forbid people have patriotism. By the way you actually think the US is more brainwashed than north korea? Lol.

Their number one export is butthurt.

Now I can't wait for Chael to maul Wand

Back