Emelianenko Bros.: World's Toughest Playground Bullies?

Actually the head of that sledge looks solid, like it might be more like around 40lbs.

Originally posted by MrFooFighter
It works everything from the chest through the shoulders, just like chopping wood, except the 18lb sledge is more of a workout.

That's no 18lb. sledgehammer. Take a look at it. The article says it is 34kg, i.e., 75 lbs. Pity the tire...

Originally posted by SpacePotato
I believe the real answer is that it is supposed to be one of those "full body using multiple muscle groups" type exercises to develop effective strength through coordinated muscle movement, instead of isolating muscle groups as in weight training.

A logical explanation...

BTW, thanks for the excellent article synopsis and pictures...

Yeah, and the kids say to their fathers "Daddy, make the mean men leave so we can play!" And Daddy says, "Gulp, hey kids, how 'bout we just go home and play some video games..."

Daddy's probably just standing there, speechless and pissing his pants... :)

does alex look less fat than he has recently? good to see fedor still got his MT pad permanently attached to his midriff...

hard to tell, but those chicks on the seat in the distance behind fedor look decent... not the wives is it?

That's no 18lb. sledgehammer. Take a look at it. The article says it is 34kg, i.e., 75 lbs. Pity the tire...

Sounds about right!

That's more weight than I would care to sling around like that without dislocating a nut or something *L*

Yes, pity Mirko, I mean the tire.

He looks slimmer, but the midsection, man mirko is gonna test that.

Originally posted by Travisiris
Pardon my immense ignorance, but any ideas on what slamming the tire with a sledgehammer accomplishes?...

It's like chopping down trees or splitting wooden logs, some boxers still do it. It builds up strength and stamina in the arms, shoulders and forearms.

I dont think weight training should be completely eliminated from the training regimine, they should at least do deadlifts, squats and Benchpress.... (coming from a fat ass sitting behind a computer eating twinkies)

Originally posted by sexcellent
i dont get it

did fedor say that in an interview or something?

:eek: Rocky IV man...Rocky IV.....

Originally posted by TheRock
I dont think weight training should be completely eliminated from the training regimine, they should at least do deadlifts, squats and Benchpress.... (coming from a fat ass sitting behind a computer eating twinkies)

one cannot underestimate the need for putting muscles through as large a range of motion as possible, using natural motions to ensure agonist and antagonist muscles are worked... despite all the propaganda from bodybuilder types about stretching, they are rather woeful in terms of functional flexibility for MMA - that's either due to not practising what they preach in terms of stretching, intensely pumped muscle cannot be strecthed back to pre-workout length, or the bulk of unrelated muscles reduces the range of motion (just like a fat gut stops one from reaching their dick with their mouth...)

Alot of guys don't lift weights at all.

For example: Carlos Newton

sport specific training is way different from ordinary weight training

shit the russians wrote the book on plyometrics

Awesome. I had a great laugh thinking about the Emelianenkos spinning around like ballerinas.

But that is SUCH a good training idea! A while ago I was talking with a friend about how there's really no good way to train for being rocked. But there ya go!

Originally posted by siddharta
it reminds me the training of rocky V :D

You mean Rocky IV when he fights Drago, and trains in Russia.

Rocky V he trains Tommy Gunn in Mick's old gym, then kicks his ass in a street fight. (Sorry to be picky, but Rocky V was on last night!! :D )

Back