Emelianenko Bros.: World's Toughest Playground Bullies?

i would love to see the nog brothers show up and try to take over the jungle gym.

Originally posted by BuckeyedTooth
I don't think that was very smart of Alex to hit a rubber tire with a sledge hammer. I hit a bicycle tire with a stick and it bounce back and hit my forehead once, long time ago. :D

That's how he trains for getting hit in the head by Cro-cop, actually.

Originally posted by BuckeyedTooth
I don't think that was very smart of Alex to hit a rubber tire with a sledge hammer. I hit a bicycle tire with a stick and it bounce back and hit my forehead once, long time ago. :D

That is how you improve your chin.

old school workouts rock

was proven by Buakaw Por Pramuk

and now Fedor and Aleksander

That's a BAD MAN!

He's wearin' old school Adiadoras and urban cammy pants, and just joggin' aroudn shadow boxing while his brother whacks a tire around with a sledgehammer...

I dunno what would be scarier... Fedor or his brother in bike shorts and flip flops with that hammer.

I think that's the one way somebody may be able to take out Fedor... Show up in his brother's outfit there. With the hammer.

Probably all just old-school Spetsnaz stuff... Kettle bells, dizzying yourself then doing pummeling, slammin' eachother around.

Good shit.

Originally posted by CanarioFalante
That is how you improve your shin.

How does hitting yourself in the head improve the lower part of your leg?? :D

also notice those tight ass pimp sneakers that fedor has on.

Aleksander may have a sledgehammer, but I still say tire by armbar.

Originally posted by MA4Life
I'm imagining 20 crying kids on the sidelines because they can't use the playground...

Funny shit!! :)

Yeah, and the kids say to their fathers "Daddy, make the mean men leave so we can play!" And Daddy says, "Gulp, hey kids, how 'bout we just go home and play some video games..."

and here i was thinking that rocky was the only one training old school in russia.

hmm, on a side note, how about some brothers vs brothers tag team action...

fedor and aleksandr
vs
the nog twins
vs
frank and ken shamrock
vs
rickson and royce
vs
the overeems

could be interesting. LOL

Originally posted by MA4Life
How does hitting yourself in the head improve the lower part of your leg?? :D

I only catch my spelling errors when the mis-spelled word isn't a completely different correctly spelled word.

In our MT gym, we often spin ourselves around and around with one arm in the air until we get dizzy, and then shadow box, just like the Emelianenko Bros. ! My Coach trained in Russia, so that must be why :) I love my Coach.

Originally posted by SpacePotato
im00002533.jpg

He describes their training as old skool soviet style: no hi-tech weight machines, etc. Just real spartan stuff like...slamming the tire with the sledgehammer, etc.

Pardon my immense ignorance, but any ideas on what slamming the tire with a sledgehammer accomplishes?...

Originally posted by Travisiris
Pardon my immense ignorance, but any ideas on what slamming the tire with a sledgehammer accomplishes?...

Better traction in the rain?

I believe the real answer is that it is supposed to be one of those "full body using multiple muscle groups" type exercises to develop effective strength through coordinated muscle movement, instead of isolating muscle groups as in weight training.

It works everything from the chest through the shoulders, just like chopping wood, except the 18lb sledge is more of a workout.

Good for shoulder flexability for those sambo throws.

Gets his anger out, as he visualizes Mirko. You see Mirko is the tire. Now you get it?

I guess it worked for Rocky when he fought Ivan Drago ;)

Back