Emelianenko Bros.: World's Toughest Playground Bullies?

SpacePotato

Cyber Policeman
Reaction score
Wow. I'll bet no one cuts in line for the monkey bars when these guys are in the playground.

im00002533.jpg

I love the mild-mannered housewives chatting in the background. I'd be worried about my kids catching a sledgehammer shot to the head...
im00002532.jpg

These are from and interesting but long article on sportsnavi today by a guy who went out to their home town to watch them train in the countryside.

He describes their training as old skool soviet style: no hi-tech weight machines, etc. Just real spartan stuff like some iron dumbells, running, slamming the tire with the sledgehammer, etc.

Training based out of a campsite among the wheatfields of their home town. Starting at 10am is road work, followed by sparring and all manner of old skool low tech training, like shadow boxing holding dumbbells, etc. Two sessions totalling 8 hours a day. Another interesting thing they practice is spinning around "like a ballerina" til they get dizzy, then shadow boxing or sparring. (Now we know how Fedor seems to be able to fight even when he has been knocked silly by Fujita, Kevin's slam, etc...?)

Fedor says that up until 5 years ago, he trained with weights, but he realized that by practicing fighting moves, you can effectively develop the muscles that you actually use in fighting, so he stopped weight training.

Fedor says we will not be seeing Ogawa do his little "Hustle pose" after this fight (I'm so happy to hear that ;) )

Anyway, there is lots more, but too much to translate. Suffice to say that the bros are training hard, and pretty much own the local playground :)

Aleks is doing that in flip flops? What the hell?

it reminds me the training of rocky V :D

The pictures of the Emelianenko brothers are always a great sources of entertainment.

Originally posted by Depth
Aleks is doing that in flip flops? What the hell?

first thing i thought!

I like the camo.

It doesn't matter if they are running through the woods or attacking a tire in a playground, they are always prepared to blend into the scenary.

Hey, I was just thinking the other day... Someone was making fun of an Inuit game where they put their head down on a pole and spin around and then have a race to see who doesn't fall over...

Sounded pretty foolish, but I was thinking: "damn, that would be a great way to practise how to fight after you've been rocked! Get really dizzy, and then spar with someone NOT dizzy, and see if you can shut him down, get in a safe position and get yourself back together again!

.....sounds like the Emilianenko bros have already thought of it. What a training technique...!

I'm imagining 20 crying kids on the sidelines because they can't use the playground...

Funny shit!! :)

WTF ??!!!

new secrets weapons for the Final Conflict ???

I like the camo, you can't hit what you can see.

Originally posted by Bolaojj
I like the camo, you can't hit what you can see.

I'm pretty sure most of the time....you can

Originally posted by SpacePotato
Another interesting thing they practice is spinning around "like a ballerina" til they get dizzy, then shadow boxing or sparring. (Now we know how Fedor seems to be able to fight even when he has been knocked silly by Fujita, Kevin's slam, etc...?)

They showed him doing this the other night...as well as practicing judo type throws with rubber ( inner tubes ) tied to a pole etc. Was very interesting.

I don't think that was very smart of Alex to hit a rubber tire with a sledge hammer. I hit a bicycle tire with a stick and it bounce back and hit my forehead once, long time ago. :D

Back