Edson Barboza: "(Tony) Ferguson Deserves Title Shot, Khabib Not Active, Needs More Fights."

i agree.

While khabib has been sitting at home with an icepack on his knee, El Cucuy has been kicking ass in some of the most entertaining fights ive ever seen.

Ferguson deserves the title shot.

Ferguson v Alvarez would be fireworks!

23-0 and dominated his injury replacement in his last fight. Tony almost got KOed by his injury replacement, why are people pretending like that didn't happen?

Khabib has one fight over a nobody in like 2 years. Tony has been more active and has a long winning streak . He also easily finished 2 guys that were decisioned by Khabib.

I believe a win over Barboza and Thomson trumps a single win over RDA 2 years ago.

Khabib has one fight over a nobody in like 2 years. Tony has been more active and has a long winning streak . He also easily finished 2 guys that were decisioned by Khabib.

I believe a win over Barboza and Thomson trumps a single win over RDA 2 years ago.

Yeah and Tony almost got KOed by a nobody, why bring up one and ignore the other?

Whats the point of bringing up a 7 fight winning streak when Khabib's is 23-0?

Lol your name is so ironic. You are clearly anything but "no bias"

Lol, i'm the one being biased yet you're the one ignoring how Tony almost got KOed by a nobody but jump to mention that Khabib hasn't beaten anyone good in his last fight. That's pretty biased man.

You can't shit on Khabib for beating a nobody when Tony almost got KOed by one.

Bringing up Tony's winning streak while ignoring Khabib is 23-0 is also pretty biased, both men have an argument for a title shot.

Quit making such one sided arguments and I won't have to call you out on the bullshit.

Last edited:
Lol, i'm the one being biased yet you're the one ignoring how Tony almost got KOed by a nobody but jump to mention that Khabib hasn't beaten anyone good in his last fight. That's pretty biased man.

I'm not ignoring anything. How did the fight end, Einstein? You're ignoring that too if you can just imply I'm ignoring something I'm not.

Over the last 2 years Tony has like 7 wins compared to Khabib's 2.

Cool man, you like living in the past. Some ppl like ppl actually doing shit somewhat recently.

Again, wins over Barboza and Thomson trumps RDA. Tony has way more wins recently.

Khabib needs to prove he can stay healthy as he was out for a long time. Of course someone as unbiased like you can admit to this, right?

I'm not ignoring anything. How did the fight end, Einstein? You ignoring that too if you can just imply I'm ignoring something I'm not.

Over the last 2 years Tony has like 7 wins compared to Khabib's 2.

Cool man, you like living in the past. Some ppl like ppl actually doing shit somewhat recently.

Again, wins over Barboza and Thomson trumps RDA. Tony has way more wins recently.

Khabib needs to prove he can stay healthy as he was out for a long time. Of course someone as unbiased like you can admit to this, right?

Then why bring up Khabib's last win over a nobody but not mention that Tony almost got KOed by a nobody? I'm looking at this like a scale where each guy has things that are good and bad to weigh who should get the title shot, Tony is on a 7 fight winning streak and has losses, Khabib is on a 23 fight winning streak and hasn't lost, Khabib dominated in his last fight and won without taking much damage, Tony almost got KOed. Khabib has only had 1 fight in the last 2 years against a nobody, Tony has 7 but one is against a nobody.

Both guys have legit arguments to a title shot, you're acting like Tony is so much more deserving of a title shot when it's really a 1A/1B thing where either guy could get it and no one should have a problem with it(other than the guy that doesn't get the shot).

I don't like this idea that once a fighter gets injured a few times they have to somehow prove that they aren't going to get injured all the time as if that is their natural state of being. Khabib had something like 20 fights before ever having a major injury.

Quit focusing on my name and read my posts without assumptions, it's fucking annoying.

Then why bring up Khabib's last win over a nobody but not mention that Tony almost got KOed by a nobody? I'm looking at this like a scale where each guy has things that are good and bad to weigh who should get the title shot, Tony is on a 7 fight winning streak and has losses, Khabib is on a 23 fight winning streak and hasn't lost, Khabib dominated in his last fight and won without taking much damage, Tony almost got KOed. Khabib has only had 1 fight in the last 2 years against a nobody, Tony has 7 but one is against a nobody.

Both guys have legit arguments to a title shot, you're acting like Tony is so much more deserving of a title shot when it's really a 1A/1B thing where either guy could get it and no one should have a problem with it(other than the guy that doesn't get the shot).

I don't like this idea that once a fighter gets injured a few times they have to somehow prove that they aren't going to get injured all the time as if that is their natural state of being. Khabib had something like 20 fights before ever having a major injury.

Quit focusing on my name and read my posts without assumptions, it's fucking annoying.

Dude, you totally did to me, what you are telling me not to do. I never once said Tony is way ahead. I never said Tony dominated his last fight. You said i just ignored things even though I totally take that into account. I don't see why that matters much if you are going to disregard him doing better against 2 of the same opponents.

They both have arguments. I think Tony's is a more solid case because IMO activity should definitely be weighed in.

I also don't think all his wins from outside the ufc should be an argument to why he deserves a ufc title shot. I don't look at any of Tony's outside ufc wins either. They aren't like a Jake Shields or something, getting signed after being a very proven fighter with quality wins over former world champions.

To me, those outside wins are what gets their ass in the door. What they do afterwards is what counts.

Dude, you totally did to me, what you are telling me not to do. I never once said Tony is way ahead. I never said Tony dominated his last fight. You said i just ignored things even though I totally take that into account. I don't see why that matters much if you are going to disregard him doing better against 2 of the same opponents.

They both have arguments. I think Tony's is a more solid case because IMO activity should definitely be weighed in.

I also don't think all his wins from outside the ufc should be an argument to why he deserves a ufc title shot. I don't look at any of Tony's outside ufc wins either. They aren't like a Jake Shields or something, getting signed after being a very proven fighter with quality wins over former world champions.

To me, those outside wins are what gets their ass in the door. What they do afterwards is what counts.

This is bullshit. This is what you posted that I quoted first in this thread. You set the tone and are now mad that I called you on your bullshit. Both fighters have an argument for the title shot.

Right but he is also being honest. There is no legit argument to have Khabib ahead of Ferguson at this point.

Last edited:
This is bullshit. This is what you posted that I quoted first in this thread. You set the tone and are now mad that I called you on your bullshit. Both fighters have an argument for the title shot.

Right, they have their arguments and i don't think that Khabib has a legit one to be ahead..

2 fights in 2 years compared to 7. That is where it ends for me since it is 2 great wins vs 1.

I see no valid argument. English is your friend. You are just here to argue though and not have any conversation.. thanks for playing, it's been fun "no bias", just MMA.

Khabib just won a fight 3 months ago.

Right, they have their arguments and i don't think that Khabib has a legit one to be ahead..

2 fights in 2 years compared to 7. That is where it ends for me since it is 2 great wins vs 1.

I see no valid argument. English is your friend. You are just here to argue though and not have any conversation.. thanks for playing, it's been fun "no bias", just MMA.

You don't understand the phrases you are using. When someone says they both have an argument that means it could be either or. Not they both have their arguments but only one is legit.

English is not your friend.

lol, you're the one trying to argue, I said they both have reasons they should get the next title shot, you're the one saying it's gotta be one way.

You don't understand the phrases you are using. When someone says they both have an argument that means it could be either or. Not they both have their arguments but only one is legit.

English is not your friend.

lol, you're the one trying to argue, I said they both have reasons they should get the next title shot, you're the one saying it's gotta be one way.

Neat

I dont disagree with the logic that khabib should get at least one more fight in,but in that case lets just have Khabib and Ferg fight each other. i aint gonna cry if either one of them gets the next shot thouhgh

Yea any of these scenarios are ok with me either. Going to be goods fights regardless of who you match up with between Eddie, tony, and khabib.

Too modest. You have to demand the title shot yourself and talk shit to the champ. And defeat Dennis Siver.

The guy Khabib fought had a similar record to the guy Tony fought, Khabib dominated his guy Tony almost got finished by his in the first round. How are you going to hold Khabib's fight against the replacement against him and not mention that Tony almost got finished by some unknown guy.
Because you had mentioned that and I just replied point for point, what's hard to understand in my post? How could you accuse me of failing to "parrot" that? By that logic I could accuse you of not repeating my observation that Khabib was pulled out of the first fight against Tony, see how that works?

C'mon dude, you're a good poster but you're being biased toward Khabib here. They both got injured when they were scheduled to fight each other and they both had a terrible performance against short-notice part-timers, but you wanna hold that against Ferguson alone.

Because you had mentioned that and I just replied point for point, what's hard to understand in my post? How could you accuse me of failing to "parrot" that? By that logic I could accuse you of not repeating my observation that Khabib was pulled out of the first fight against Tony, see how that works?

C'mon dude, you're a good poster but you're being biased toward Khabib here. They both got injured when they were scheduled to fight each other and they both had a terrible performance against short-notice part-timers, but you wanna hold that against Ferguson alone.

He has obvious bias towards Khabib but is completely delusional about it. Also very hypocritical about things too.

Back