Edson Barboza: "(Tony) Ferguson Deserves Title Shot, Khabib Not Active, Needs More Fights."

If course Barboza is going to say Ferguson should get a title shot. Ferguson just beat Barboza. If he wins or fight for the title it makes the loss "look better".

People/teams usually root for the people/teams that beat them.

McGregor vs Diaz W vs Alvarez

RDA vs Barboza

Khabib vs Ferguson

I dont think its smart to rematch khabib and RDA now,Khabib needs other names first. Do that one later.

Hard call for the UFC, they both deserve a title shot. Too bad the fight between them was cancelled.

Some pro's and con's:

Khabib:
+ Undefeaten (23-0)
- 16 of those wins were against Russian nobody's...
+ 7 fight win streak in UFC
- Didn't fight for 2 years before his last fight (Tony fought and won 4 times in his absence)
+ Biggest win against the former LW champion RDA

Tony:
+ 8 fight win streak in UFC
+ Biggest win was against Edson Barbosa
- Tony pulled out the fight against Khabib

My personal choice would be Tony, because I think he is more exciting as a fighter, he always delivers. I'm afraid that when Khabib fights against someone who neutralizes his offense on the ground it becomes a boring match. But I will happy with UFC picking one of either these great fighters.

Why kill off a contender? Seems kind of pointless. Khabib just needs to beat someone in the top5 and he should get a titleshot.

Ferguson should just get the next titleshot because he's done more in the division and has been way more active than Khabib.

Khabib vs Barboza
Ferguson vs Alvarez.

Pretty simple matchmaking, IMO.

Where does that leave RDA?

Who cares about who gets the shot first.
Nurmagomedov will get the belt anyway.

Fight the loser of either fight or have him fight someone like Poirier or something if it would be too long of a layoff.

Surely for someone to get a title shot they should have to go through him first seeing as he was a champ the fight before last?

Surely for someone to get a title shot they should have to go through him first seeing as he was a champ the fight before last?

No. There are a ton of times that hasn't happened.

Stipe didn't go through Cain.
Cruz didn't go through Barao.
Tate didn't go through Ronda
Pena didn't go through Holm
Rockhold didn't go through Silva
Bisping didn't go through Weidman

You get the point.

Can't really argue with him. Khabib needs to be more active. When RDA was champ I could see the argument for Khabib getting the shot but those days are over.

Personally I think winner of Conor/Nate will get the shot against Eddie. Maybe have Tony/Khabib fight for next.

No. There are a ton of times that hasn't happened.

Stipe didn't go through Cain.
Cruz didn't go through Barao.
Tate didn't go through Ronda
Pena didn't go through Holm
Rockhold didn't go through Silva
Bisping didn't go through Weidman

You get the point.

No every example you just gave is a load of shit because half of the guys were injured, or weren't even in the title picture or didn't need to be in the title picture.

No every example you just gave is a load of shit because half of the guys were injured, or weren't even in the title picture or didn't need to be in the title picture.

Actually, now you're just making special reasons to have RDA be in a #1 contender match or be in an instant rematch for the title.

He lost and lost in devastating fashion. The timing isn't even right for him to fight the #1/2 contenders of Khabib and Tony.

Tell me what makes the most sense, since my very rational thinking isn't up to your standards.

How are those ex champs "not in the title picture" but RDA is? lol you sound like you're biased for your boy RDA and aren't even trying to hide it.

Actually, now you're just making special reasons to have RDA be in a #1 contender match or be in an instant rematch for the title.

He lost and lost in devastating fashion. The timing isn't even right for him to fight the #1/2 contenders of Khabib and Tony.

Tell me what makes the most sense, since my very rational thinking isn't up to your standards.

How are those ex champs "not in the title picture" but RDA is? lol you sound like you're biased for your boy RDA and aren't even trying to hide it.

Why does a champion 1 fight ago disappear out of the title picture just because he lost 1 fight? That's like saying Anderson Silva was no longer relevant because he lost to Weidman in the 1st fight.

Khabib vs Ferguson should be the fight to make Ferguson has been more active but he got injured when he was scheduled to fight Khabib and he nearly got finished by a guy that's probably not even top 25.

Why does a champion 1 fight ago disappear out of the title picture just because he lost 1 fight? That's like saying Anderson Silva was no longer relevant because he lost to Weidman in the 1st fight.

Because you need to win 1 or 2 fights to get your next titleshot instead of getting yet another undeserved immediate titleshot, you're no longer relevant to the title picture?

How did you come to this conclusion based off of what I said, exactly?

He was finished. He doesn't deserve an immediate rematch. Rematching Khabib after being dominated by him 2 years ago doesn't make a whole lot of sense and i'd prefer a fresh matchup but this or Barboza is the most plausible next fight but then who would Khabib fight in the meantime?

Tony absolutely deserves the next titleshot so him fighting RDA makes no sense either.

Because you need to win 1 or 2 fights to get your next titleshot instead of getting yet another undeserved immediate titleshot, you're no longer relevant to the title picture?

How did you come to this conclusion based off of what I said, exactly?

He was finished. He doesn't deserve an immediate rematch. Rematching Khabib after being dominated by him 2 years ago doesn't make a whole lot of sense and i'd prefer a fresh matchup but this or Barboza is the most plausible next fight but then who would Khabib fight in the meantime?

Tony absolutely deserves the next titleshot so him fighting RDA makes no sense either.

No-one mentioned immediate rematch but you.

Tony will get the shot because he is more marketable at this point.
It's the fight business, after all.
Why because he speak english. The guy right now is seen like el knockdown by a debutant. Khabib is seen by a lot of people like the champ without the crown. He is undefeated, russian, very funny and is much more talented.

"couple more fights"

lol, let's not get carried away there Edson :)
Yes what a dumb thing to say. The best guy in the LW, undefeated, 8-0 in the UFC, made RDA look like a can... Probably even more stupid than saying like I've seen here that Nurmy is not an agressive fighter.

Why because he speak english. The guy right now is seen like el knockdown by a debutant. Khabib is seen by a lot of people like the champ without the crown. He is undefeated, russian, very funny and is much more talented.
True, but MMA is pretty ADHD, and Tony has been active.

Back