Edson Barboza: "(Tony) Ferguson Deserves Title Shot, Khabib Not Active, Needs More Fights."

Barboza won't become champ either way.

Excellent fighter tho. REALLY FUN to watch. I just think that there will always be someone with a way sicker ground game that'll fuck him up.

He probably feels the same way. That's probably why he's suggesting that Ferguson deserves the shot over both Khabib and himself.

Ferguson all day!! Khabib it's all talk, after a lay off of 2 fucking years he destroyed a can. Just fight a top opponent like Barboza/Cerrone and then go get that title.

He probably feels the same way. That's probably why he's suggesting that Ferguson deserves the shot over both Khabib and himself.
Or maybe it's because he and Eddie have both said they won't fight?

He's right. Hopefully they match Ferguson and Alvarez up next. And Barboza vs Khabib or RDA.

Khabib hasn't fought but Ferguson hasn't beaten anyone legit in his run except a half camp Barboza who wasn't top 5 at that point.

Tony will get the shot because he is more marketable at this point.
It's the fight business, after all.

And because there is no valid argument to give the shot to Khabob over Tony.

Khabib hasn't fought but Ferguson hasn't beaten anyone legit in his run except a half camp Barboza who wasn't top 5 at that point.

And Khabob beat RDA 2 years ago and hasn't beat anyone worth a damn since and has no other wins worth talking about other than decisions over some guys that Tony finished.

Wins over Barboza and Thomson > Single win over RDA.

And Khabob beat RDA 2 years ago and hasn't beat anyone worth a damn since and has no other wins worth talking about other than decisions over some guys that Tony finished.

Wins over Barboza and Thomson > Single win over RDA.

Neither of them should get a titleshot next IMO. Have thme fight each other for a no1 contender's spot.

ME: Alvares vs Ferguon
CO: Khabib vs Barboza

would be fantastic to be honest

He just knows tony is an easier fight so if tony became champ it's a winnable fight for edsond to become champ himself While he knows kabib would destroy him. He's trying to come off as honorable but at the end of the day he's just trying to create an easier path to the title for him which is pretty dishonorable

Last edited:
IF I were Dana I'd put either one to fight for the title, no matter the order, as long as you don't burn someone's chances with contendership fights. Title fights between Ferguson, Khabib and later Barbosa are much more marketable. RDA should fight a couple more than these guys to get a shot.
And yes, I'm counting Alvarez out. I don't think he beats Ferguson or Khabib.

Damn,Jones should've been ditching out millions to Barbosas pr manager! Lol

But either way i am a big fan of Barbosa now,no shit talk about anyone he just wants to fight the best and "EARN" his TS....Respek!

For real tho Edson has come a long way,I thought he was going to be just another Eric Silva or Paulo Thiago but he's here to stay.

He just knows tony is an easier fight so if tony became champ it's a winnable fight for edsond to become champ himself While he knows kabib would destroy him. He's trying to come off as honorable but at the end of the day he's just trying to create an easier path to the title for him which is pretty dishonest
Pet your unicorn. Barboza asked for Khabib. Tony is the tougher fight

What I learn more and more the older I get, you rarely get what you deserve in this world.

The way to get ahead, if you are not one of the lucky few, who get more than they deserve, is to work way harder than the next guy.

I have 'succeeded' so far by doing four times more than everyone else I know, and for that, my 'success' is probably 1.5 times theirs.

Has it been worth it? Who knows. I hope so.

Maybe the seeds I planted will bear fruit in future if the women in my life don't take it all away.
They probably will, but they certainly don't deserve to.

Am I bitter? Not so much. This is the world we live in and these are the rules.

If you expect to get what you deserve, you are in for a big letdown.

There will always be a guy who is more charismatic than you and is 10x more succesful than you will ever be even tho he narely works

"couple more fights"

lol, let's not get carried away there Edson :)

Neither of them should get a titleshot next IMO. Have thme fight each other for a no1 contender's spot.

Why kill off a contender? Seems kind of pointless. Khabib just needs to beat someone in the top5 and he should get a titleshot.

Ferguson should just get the next titleshot because he's done more in the division and has been way more active than Khabib.

Khabib vs Barboza
Ferguson vs Alvarez.

Pretty simple matchmaking, IMO.

Khabib has one quality win against former champ RDA 2 years ago. If RDA was still the champ, a rematch would in some way make sense. Considering Alvarez blasted RDA, I don't see Khabib having any claim to the #1 contender spot. Ferguson is the best choice - I hate the guy but he delivers and he's got a very good shot at beating Alvarez. Khabib needs to win one more fight (against an elite fighter) before he's earned his shot, maybe RDA-Khabib rematch?

Back