Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

Cant believe he is a huge favorite in this forums. Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint. The moment Jose Aldo tries a LK he is going to end on his back, but lets pretend he is not going to trow any and he will focus on his boxing. What Edgar will do is just exactly what Cain did to JDS: Constant pressure, constant takedown attempts and clinching. Edgar will not tire in the entire fight and Aldo

Sometimes it does.

Sure, but Aldo has faced some great comp, MTB, Faber and Florian, i mean it's not really that far from what Edgar faced. Also, i feel that Aldo is even more well rounded than Edgar and he will be the larger man when they fight.

I like Edgar but this isn't a good fight for him imo.

I don't remember Cain hopping around and closely boxing JDS to a controversial split decision

These topics sound retarded... I mean considering the fact they are all very different fighters and in different weight classes, they also have very different styles.

Sure, but Aldo has faced some great comp, MTB, Faber and Florian, i mean it's not really that far from what Edgar faced. Also, i feel that Aldo is even more well rounded than Edgar and he will be the larger man when they fight.

I like Edgar but this isn't a good fight for him imo.

MTB, Faber, Florian are nowhere near Sherk, Penn, Bendo, Maynard, Jim Miller. It's way far off, Edgar has faced better competition, period. If Edgar doesn't get knocked out in the first, he will win.

MTB, Faber, Florian are nowhere near Sherk, Penn, Bendo, Maynard, Jim Miller. It's way far off, Edgar has faced better competition, period. If Edgar doesn't get knocked out in the first, he will win.

I don't agree, Frankie has faced more top notch opponents, but those three top guys Aldo faced are close tp being on par, not "nowhere near" Frankies greatest wins, at least imo.

What makes you think Edgar wins if he makes it through the first round? Please don't say the Hominick fight, because it's not representative of how Aldo normally performs.

LULZ same crap everybody said about Cain vs JDS 2. The moment Aldo trows a kick he will end on his back eating punches.

lol yeh punches that have TKO'd one person in the last 6 years.

Aldo is violent. Violent people match up well against point fighters.

Not happening that easily. Edgar COULD get repeated takedowns and ride out Aldo and wear him out with continuous strikes and pressure from top position but he is not gonna be able to outstrike Aldo the way Cain did with JDS. Aldo's striking is way too dynamic, he has too much skill in Muay Thai and boxing and is simply too explosive for that to happen. The chances of Aldo getting dominated like JDS did are very small. One round with Mark Hominik is relatively meaningless - how many MMA fighters can properly be gauged by any one round of MMA they have ever fought? Look at Aldo's other 20 victories to judge the guy properly. This isn't a knock in any way, shape or form on JDS; JDS is one of the baddest MMA fighters in the sport's 20 year history thus far. Aldo's just, simply put, Anderson 2.0.

I don't remember Cain hopping around and closely boxing JDS to a controversial split decision

hahaha... but Hominick showed us the blueprint. Obtain the biggest Hematoma I think the UFC has ever seen, and then win a round.

If Edgar tries one takedown like those sloppy ones Cain did against JDS in the first round, he is getting knee'd into oblivion. Aldo is not a boxer with "good tdd", he is the complete package son.

Edgar will win easy. He'll simply bounce around a lot, and the he'll catch every leg kick Aldo throws at him. He'll catch so many leg kicks, they'll have to give him a UD.

Really bad comparison. Aldo is a better fighter than JDS. It will be a close freaking war.

No way will it be like Cain JDS 2. I can see either fighting winning, I really think it is the best fight we are ever going to see.

Could go either way and I'm a fan of both so that suits me fine!

If Frankie Edgar has a perfect night, it will be quite similar.

Edgar will win easy. He'll simply bounce around a lot, and the he'll catch every leg kick Aldo throws at him. He'll catch so many leg kicks, they'll have to give him a UD.

Bendo's leg kicks aren't close to Aldo's, Aldo throws them quicker and with much more power. Just look what he did to poor Faber:

Urijah-Faber-leg-kicked-by-Aldo-1.jpg

No one knows how this fight is going to play out thats why i dont understand why Edgar is such a under dog.

War Frankie!!!

First of all, leg kicks aren't quite as easy to catch as high kicks, which is why they are such a staple of MMA oriented Muay Thai/Kickboxing. A leg kick being caught doesn't happen too terribly often - yes it does happen but not that much. And leg kicks being caught for a TD are less frequent. Try to remember who will be throwing the leg kicks this time - go back and look at some of Aldo's older WEC matches and see how fast they are and how well he sets them up. Edgar has a very good chance to win in the standard American wrestling fashion but one thing we can guarantee is that he will look like death warmed over once he's finished.

I agree that Edgar may (and probably should) have a gameplan similar to Cain's. But here is one problem with that projection - Edgar said in the press conference that he plans to stand with Aldo. Edgar plans to go for "some" TD's, but he believes he's quicker and has better boxing. He has also been working on defending leg kicks. Edgar will want to show he can stand with Aldo and see what advantage he may have. Maybe he will be quicker. That is why the second Cain v JDS fight is different - Cain had already fought JDS and was not anxious to test JDS again.

We will know in the first two rounds how the fight is likely to end. If Edgar stands with Aldo for two rounds, he will eat I'd say 4-6 good leg kicks. Forget about Edgar catching Hendo's leg. Aldo's kicks are quicker and more precise. It would be a horrible miscalculation for Edgar's defense to be a plan to catch Aldo's leg. After eating a few good kicks Edgar will try to take Aldo down, but will have even greater difficulty.

Aldo will also fear kicking Edgar less than he feared kicking Florian. Aldo said he didn't want to give Florian opportunities to take him down, but are Edgar's TD's something to fear? Even throwing fewer leg kicks Aldo managed to hurt Florian.

As to Aldo's BJJ, I agree we have not seen enough of it. We have seen Aldo do two moves very adroitly - reverse position and get back to his feet. Yes, he didn't do that in the 5th round of the Hominick fight, but he also took little damage. Indeed, Aldo did more damage to Hominick in the 4th rd than Aldo has taken on the ground from all of his opponents in the WEC/UFC.

I respect Frankie alot and I think hes a great fighter.

I think Aldo got this though.

If Maynard can hurt Edgar standing Aldo can finish him.

Will be a great fight, and Edgar can do it, I just will be putting my

Back