Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

He also has better boxing and wrestling than Aldo. Only thing Aldo is better at than BJ is leg kicks.

And winning, and motivation and...BJ's boxing was real good against Edgar, Diaz and ROry..oh wait it wasn't. Aldo isn't BJ and MMAth is fucking gay. Let this fight happen and then we'll know.

Aldo is my favorite fighter but out of all his fights this is the one that worries me the most. Frankie shouldn't be underestimated and poses a real threat to Aldo's belt. This is Aldo's toughest test yet. Hope he wins cuz I don't like Frankie, I'm also a Penn fan:icon_chee

I think his chances are better than most expect but his lack of defence is going to get him KO'd

no, just...no

frankie is getting KTFO, he doesn't block shit...Aldo is on another level, wait and see:cool:

Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint.

What blueprint?
Get thoroughly handled for 20 minutes before getting a fifth round takedown and throwing punches from inside guard, making no real effort to advance position?

Get a hematoma so big you can smoke a cigarette in the rain?

What's the blueprint? Not taking anything away from Hominick, he kept the fight competitive at times, and there is no doubt he had the momentum at the end and won the fifth round. But at the end of the day, after a 25 minute match, he got his ass kicked.

aldo will lose the same way penn did. frankie by cardio and movement. i don't frankie will ever hurt aldo though.

Aldo's low kicks aren't hard to catch simply because he's fast. He can land them over and over again, and against skilled wrestlers, because like anyone who is good with his legs, he picks his spots so that the opponent is rarely in a position to answer.

Plus he has confidence and doesn't throw them half assed, so that guys who are focusing on countering them find their lead leg gone after the impact and are unable to throw an effective counter.

Out of all Aldo's fights in the WEC and UFC (11 fights) only once was someone able to catch his leg and get a takedown (Faber), if you can consider it one - he was up in milliseconds and fight metric doesnt count it as one. Yet you think the moment he throws one he's on his back? LOL. Edgar will probabaly get him down a few times as the fight goes on but Aldo will be the one winning the majority of the wrestling exchanges.

What blueprint?
Get thoroughly handled for 20 minutes before getting a fifth round takedown and throwing punches from inside guard, making no real effort to advance position?

Get a hematoma so big you can smoke a cigarette in the rain?

What's the blueprint? Not taking anything away from Hominick, he kept the fight competitive at times, and there is no doubt he had the momentum at the end and won the fifth round. But at the end of the day, after a 25 minute match, he got his ass kicked.

This. Plus this is a fight Aldo clearing struggled for because of the antibiotics as we all know, the way he fought showed it. In all of his WEC/UFC fights he has never gone for a takedown in the first round, yet went for one 2 minutes into the Hominick fight and went for them over and over. Andre Pederneiras actually in the corner started to tell Aldo to stop going for takedowns.

Amazing BJJ my ass. His BJJ is about as proven as JDS's.

I can see Edgar tiring him out just like Cain did to JDS.

Aldo has shown BJJ in his fights with Nogueira, Brown and Florian, you can tell by his positioning and passing that he has high level BJJ.

Edgar nearly gets koed every fight he is in. I think this time he will be going out cold.

I hope Frankie wins

I dont like fighters who grab the cage to prevent td or shorts grabbing.

Thats cheating and should be deducted 1 points immediately

WRONG!!!

Aldo is going to do to Edgar what he was able to against Mike Brown.

Think Aldo is likely to win though Edgar has a better chance than most are giving him. The reason Aldo is a heavy favorite is because he hasn't lost a fight in over 6 years and Edgar lost his last two fights.

What stupidity and ignorance...

Did JDS defeat a 6 time BJJ world champ, as a brown belt? Did JDS mount a veteran black belt like Florian in an MMA fight? Didn't know that, i'm sure JonesBones must have some inside knowledge about JDS. But hey, it's more likely that it's another round of nonsense from the fool who once claimed that Aldo and JDS were equally well-rounded.

For all you fools who question Aldo's BJJ, please read this:

http://www.graciemag.com/2012/01/5-of-jose-aldos-most-memorable-jiu-jitsu-matches/

Finally some sense in this thread. The ignoracy of some people is unbelievable

Has TS ever seen an Edgar fight ? Frankie has great takedowns but i've never seen any Cainesque top control or GnP from him.

If he beats Aldo, which i doubt he will, he will do it by spamming takedowns and his usual brand of boxing and movement, not by top control and GnP.

bold predicition by a dec 2012, sure.

Aldo will wilt. Edgar is one of the most complete fighters ever, is a gamer, has big fight experience, and has faced far superior competition.

Aldo will wilt. Edgar is one of the most complete fighters ever, is a gamer, has big fight experience, and has faced far superior competition.

Sometimes that doesn't mean anything. Shogun had much more fight experience and had faced vastly superior comp than Jones, which didn't prevent Jones from beating the shit out of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back