Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

The BJJ and TDD agrument could have been made for JDS before he fought Cain too... just sayin.

"Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS"

You mean Edgar is going to get clipped in the first minute and lose by TKO? Sorry, couldn't resist. You probably mean what Cain did in the rematch.

Aldo does not have Penn's boxing or his level of MMA BJJ. Grappling BJJ =/= MMA BJJ. Being able to transition while being struck to the head is quite a difficult feat. As we saw with Hominick in rd. 5, if you are in his guard and somewhat active, he will lay and guard until the round ends. If Aldo decides to try to leg kick frankie to death, his leg will be caught and he'll be on his back before he realizes what hit him. Remember, he caught a very large proportion of Bendo's kicks which I'm sure were much harder. I see Frankie taking it to the mat and GnP him to a decision. I don't know he will TKO him unless he seriously cuts him. The only thing that really caused Frankie his title was that brutal upkick from Bendo, a mistake he didnt make in the rematch. I expect his gameplan for aldo will be similar to the one he used for Bendo II, but it will be even easier for him to execute because aldo is a smaller version of bendo in terms of mass.
If it's the fifth round of a fight in which he's dominated every single other round of the fight.

...and he's gassed.

I've been calling this too, EDGAR BY KO. People don't give him credit, but he has fought WAY tougher guys than Aldo has.

I'm a HUUUUUGE Edgar fan. But don't see how he wins this fight.

LOL at "Aldo got destroyed by Hominick in the 5th".

Look, Aldo was dead tired in the 5th beacuse he was ill. After he landed a pretty good upper that hurt Hominick, the Canadian tired desperately a double leg, and Aldo pulled guard (bc he was tired) and controlled the fight from the bottom, being barely hit.

See it for yourselves:

Aldo x Hominick 5th round:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovtEEeq-hg

I'm with you TS,Cain showed him exactly how to do it against JDS.

Get KTFO in one minute...

"Little" Frankie Edgar?

lol No. Just No.

Stop being all
TsTMB.gif

and realize that although Edgar has shown a lot of heart in past battles, he is far from the dominating type of fighter that Aldo is. Aldo destroys opponents, he doesn't have to come from behind and impress 2 out of 3 judges for a W the scorecards.

Edgar will be exposed. Doesn't mean he's not a great fighter, he's just not Aldo level.

Should be a good fight. 50 50 on the outcome.

I love Edgar. But he is not half the wrestler Mendes is.

Guys lets take out our notes and mark these random-pick-words from some random white belt..

NOW

Amazing BJJ my ass. His BJJ is about as proven as JDS's.

I can see Edgar tiring him out just like Cain did to JDS.

What stupidity and ignorance...

Did JDS defeat a 6 time BJJ world champ, as a brown belt? Did JDS mount a veteran black belt like Florian in an MMA fight? Didn't know that, i'm sure JonesBones must have some inside knowledge about JDS. But hey, it's more likely that it's another round of nonsense from the fool who once claimed that Aldo and JDS were equally well-rounded.

For all you fools who question Aldo's BJJ, please read this:

http://www.graciemag.com/2012/01/5-of-jose-aldos-most-memorable-jiu-jitsu-matches/

Everyone seems to forget Aldo was sick and thus had a bad weight cut for the Hominick fight. I still got Aldo winning.

Time to bring back this to the top. Edgar is going to take that belt.

I love Edgar. But he is not half the wrestler Mendes is.

Mendes uses his wrestling more while Edgar uses his boxing more. Edgar's wrestling is still effective for MMA. He is also the more rounded out MMA fighter. I think he provides a better stylistic match up for Aldo than what Mendes could.

Back