Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

CCA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Cant believe he is a huge favorite in this forums. Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint. The moment Jose Aldo tries a LK he is going to end on his back, but lets pretend he is not going to trow any and he will focus on his boxing. What Edgar will do is just exactly what Cain did to JDS: Constant pressure, constant takedown attempts and clinching. Edgar will not tire in the entire fight and Aldo

I will be very sad if that happens but I can see Edgar being the first to hurt Aldo on the feet.

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

i see edgar as the clear fav, and think he will have no problems taking aldo down.

God i hope so, I'm going to lay down big $ on Edgar. Vcash and real cash lol.

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

bj penn bjj is ten times better than aldos. also edgar has takendown the best wrestlers at 155.

When has Aldo shown his amazing BJJ?

Amazing BJJ my ass. His BJJ is about as proven as JDS's.

I can see Edgar tiring him out just like Cain did to JDS.

bj penn bjj is ten times better than aldos. also edgar has takendown the best wrestlers at 155.

I won't disagree with you on BJ's BJJ, because BJ is a monster. I'm just saying that the JDS/Aldo comparison not very good, because I'm willing to bet if by some miracle Aldo does get taken down, he'll play from the bottom instead of turtling up and eating shot after shot trying to stand up.

He took down the wrestlers because he's much faster and they over committed on strikes (I'm talking about Maynard). Aldo can match Frankie's speed, and I don't see him swinging and leaving openings.

He also has better boxing and wrestling than Aldo. Only thing Aldo is better at than BJ is leg kicks.

LULZ same crap everybody said about Cain vs JDS 2. The moment Aldo trows a kick he will end on his back eating punches.

I hope Frankie wins. I think he can, but it wont be easy.

When has Aldo shown his amazing BJJ?

He beat Cobrinha twice in competition. Also check the Faber fight, the time they spent on the ground Aldo was great, even though it was from the top.

Also his camp (I know biased but still) says his BJJ is ahead of his striking.

JDS does not have the movement of Aldo, one of Aldo's biggest strength's. It'll be more noncompetitive than people give Edgar credit for, but Aldo will win the majority of the wrestling exchanges and win on the feet.

A few things:

1) FW's vs HW's don't make for a nice comparison. Cain has shown good power at HW, Edgar isn't known for his at LW, Aldo's known for his at FW. Aldo's a big FW, Frankie's a small LW.

2) Hominick is a better striker than Edgar. His offense is superior, Edgar can take a punch better.

3) Aldo has great TDD. Frankie doesn't have good top control. Aldo is good at escaping. Cain has a suffocating punch output/top game. Edgar hasn't.

The main similarity I see is Cain's and Edgar's cardio edge over their opponents, though JDS has never gone 5 and won. Aldo has.

dunno how noncompetitive got there, meant *competitive

Two things:

1) FW's vs HW's don't make for a nice comparison. Cain has shown good power at HW, Edgar isn't known for his at LW, Aldo's known for his at FW. Aldo's a big FW, Frankie's a small LW.

2) Hominick is a better striker than Edgar. His offense is superior, Edgar can take a punch better.

3) Aldo has great TDD. Frankie doesn't have good top control. Aldo is good at escaping.

The main similarity I see is Cain's and Edgar's cardio edge over their opponents, though JDS has never gone 5 and won. Aldo has.

Hominick being a better striker than Edgar is a laugh.

Back