Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

Best striking technique in FW history:

2)
korean-zombie-hominick.gif

Lazy left lead, weak chin. Wanted to end it fast. KZ did good.

Cant believe he is a huge favorite in this forums. Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint. The moment Jose Aldo tries a LK he is going to end on his back, but lets pretend he is not going to trow any and he will focus on his boxing. What Edgar will do is just exactly what Cain did to JDS: Constant pressure, constant takedown attempts and clinching. Edgar will not tire in the entire fight and Aldo

Out landed doest realy mean much when you eat power shots and get dropped. Aldo was also rolling with them shots, he was rarely hit flush or with anything with sting on it

He took more shots than he gave in 2 & 3. What that tells me is his power/Mark's chin was the decider. Not technique, since both were going for it. Aldo's taken some good shots in his whole career, but has never been dropped.

Mark usually outscores and out-tricks his opponents standing, then takes a big shot and all what he's done to that point gets neglected by one moment. Like against a brawler with limited striking like Yagin, or a grappler with punching power like Garza.

Cant believe he is a huge favorite in this forums. Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint. The moment Jose Aldo tries a LK he is going to end on his back, but lets pretend he is not going to trow any and he will focus on his boxing. What Edgar will do is just exactly what Cain did to JDS: Constant pressure, constant takedown attempts and clinching. Edgar will not tire in the entire fight and Aldo

people keep saying frankie will catch aldo's kicks and take him down because he did the same thing at LW are really thick.

edgar's success at 155 was due to his speed and durability. of course he also has excellent technique, but without a definitive speed advantage it wouldn't have mattered at all. he beat penn and maynard because he was faster and his speed definitely gave bendo some trouble.

he will not have the speed advantage vs aldo. he will not catch the kicks aldo throws because they are lightning fast. i'll be pretty surprised if he manages to check any of them, let alone catch them and get a takedown.

aldo will match edgar's speed, but will display a lot more power in his strikes. and his legkicks will certainly slow down frankie's footworks and movement. i think it's a competitive, back and forth match for like one or two rounds, then frankie starts to show some damage and aldo takes over.

Aldo's speed and set ups will be the difference. He might catch a few, but while he was catching Ben's kicks he was actually getting hit with them. If Aldo keeps connecting, after 2 rounds Frankie will be limping.

just ask faber lol.

seriously though, even if still caught they have an impact. i hoping edgar will reach for one, and aldo whips his leg up for the headkick.

That shit would be crazy.

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

My thoughts nearly exactly.

Edgar is used to having the speed advantage. He won't have that in this fight. Edgar is always game, and will make a fight of it, but Aldo keeps his belt via clear decision in this one.

I think this is one fight where anything can happen.

Aldo has never faced as complete of a fighter as Frankie.
Frankie has indeed faced powerful all around fighters in BJ Penn and Bendo but ... he arguably lost the first fight against Penn and did in fact lose to Bendo (arguably won the rematch).

So I could see Aldo win as he seems to be a bit of a combination of BJ Penn and Bendo combined ... crushing Frankie. He has Penn's boxing, and supposedly Penn's level or greater BJJ ... and he has Bendo's amazing leg kicks with arguably more power.

The one area Aldo is not at BJ or Bendo's level is TDD ... so far.

With all that said ... I could see Frankie wearing Aldo down and winning a classic Frankie style point match.

Or I can see Aldo out kickbox Frankie until he quits if he has any quit in him.

Either way ... can't WAIT for this fight!!!

yes this could be cain vs jds 2. im sure edgar has a gameplan thats gonna give aldo a hard time.

Frankie has indeed faced powerful all around fighters in BJ Penn and Bendo but ... he arguably lost the first fight against Penn and did in fact lose to Bendo (arguably won the rematch).

So I could see Aldo win as he seems to be a bit of a combination of BJ Penn and Bendo combined ... crushing Frankie. He has Penn's boxing, and supposedly Penn's level or greater BJJ ... and he has Bendo's amazing leg kicks with arguably more power.

With all that said ... I could see Frankie wearing Aldo down and winning a classic Frankie style point match.

This, but I also would like to throw in the vicious knees of Aldo which can pose a real threat when Edgar tries to take him down.

Aldo fights nothing like JDS, and Frankie fights nothing like Cain.. Edgar won't have the option of rushing Aldo, Because unlike JDS, Aldo will launch a knee or kick at any chance he gets, i think the fight is obviously closer then what most say it is, But aldo is the favourite and rightfully, no one has really tested him so far, and he's vs'd very good fighters, he's vs'd guys who have similar styles to Edgar and they ended up being the winner.

i think the first round of this fight will be the most interesting, Because if Aldo connects with a few leg kicks on Edgar i don't see Edgar being able to get the fight back in control, but if Edgar can get in on Aldo, get a takedwon, win the round, i don't see Edgar losing easily because he should be the more conditioned fighter,

i can't wait for this fight, personally i see it as the most skilled fight in MMA history, Both men can beat anyone in 3 different weight divisions on any given day, that's pretty god damn amazing

Supporting Frankie

I predict a back and forth FOTY candidate

lmao no one is going to do to anyone else what Cain did to JDS. I don't even remember seeing that kind of fight happening before.

Yeah, because Aldo's lazy leg kicks are easily caught, every time he throws one his opponent catches them.

I pray Edgar wins, I'd be elated. The more i think about it the more I envisage Also busting Frankie's face.

Aldo does not have Penn's boxing or his level of MMA BJJ. Grappling BJJ =/= MMA BJJ. Being able to transition while being struck to the head is quite a difficult feat. As we saw with Hominick in rd. 5, if you are in his guard and somewhat active, he will lay and guard until the round ends. If Aldo decides to try to leg kick frankie to death, his leg will be caught and he'll be on his back before he realizes what hit him. Remember, he caught a very large proportion of Bendo's kicks which I'm sure were much harder. I see Frankie taking it to the mat and GnP him to a decision. I don't know he will TKO him unless he seriously cuts him. The only thing that really caused Frankie his title was that brutal upkick from Bendo, a mistake he didnt make in the rematch. I expect his gameplan for aldo will be similar to the one he used for Bendo II, but it will be even easier for him to execute because aldo is a smaller version of bendo in terms of mass.

Back