Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

Frankie has got very good at catching that leg, it very rare as of late for someone to kick him and not have there leg caught

Frankie has got very good at catching that leg, it very rare as of late for someone to kick him and not have there leg caught

Aldo's speed and set ups will be the difference. He might catch a few, but while he was catching Ben's kicks he was actually getting hit with them. If Aldo keeps connecting, after 2 rounds Frankie will be limping.

A few things:

1) FW's vs HW's don't make for a nice comparison. Cain has shown good power at HW, Edgar isn't known for his at LW, Aldo's known for his at FW. Aldo's a big FW, Frankie's a small LW.

2) Hominick is a better striker than Edgar. His offense is superior, Edgar can take a punch better.

3) Aldo has great TDD. Frankie doesn't have good top control. Aldo is good at escaping. Cain has a suffocating punch output/top game. Edgar hasn't.

The main similarity I see is Cain's and Edgar's cardio edge over their opponents, though JDS has never gone 5 and won. Aldo has.

edgar would out box Hominick with no problems. Hominick has no striking defense

aldo's wresslin is weak as hell, that's where i see him having issues...

Except Aldo has amazing BJJ plus he showed ridiculous TD defense vs a great wrestler in Mendes. Also he hasn't really gassed besides the Hominick fight, and that was because he was very ill.

Aldo via leg kick destruction. He'll completely outclass Frankie.

JDS also has amazing BJJ, doesn't mean it's effective in mma. JDS also has tremendous TDD, as having only spent like 13 seconds on his back prior to the Cain fight. And JDS had never gassed BADLY prior tot he Cain fight. Anything can happen.

edgar would out box Hominick with no problems. Hominick has no striking defense

Neither has Edgar. He gets hit a lot, he's durable. Mark is not, but has shown good head movement. Edgar doesn't have the power, he gets by with speed combinations that let him land first. He wouldn't out-technique Hominick, who's timing is great.

Edgar would eat Hominick up on the feet.

aldo's wresslin is weak as hell, that's where i see him having issues...

Its very early in the morning here, can't tell if you're being serious? Surely you cant be.

Aldo's speed and set ups will be the difference. He might catch a few, but while he was catching Ben's kick he was actually getting hit with them. If Aldo keeps connecting, after 2 rounds Frankie will be limping.

Its kind of a doubled edge sword, if Edger can capatalize early on catching the leg Aldo might become hesitant in throwing it. If aldo wants to throw them kicks he better set them up/hide thewm well

[QUOTE="Rush";78141491]Edgar would eat Hominick up on the feet.[/QUOTE]

We'll soon find out who did better on the feet against Aldo. FYI, Hominick out-landed Aldo in two rounds from a striking distance.

JDS also has amazing BJJ, doesn't mean it's effective in mma. JDS also has tremendous TDD, as having only spent like 13 seconds on his back prior to the Cain fight. And JDS had never gassed BADLY prior tot he Cain fight. Anything can happen.

JDS amazing BJJ? I must have missed it.

Anything can happen is a bad argument. By that logic you can put Overeem vs Mike Russow and not pick a winner, just say anything can happen. Anyone with a brain will tell you the Reem wins that fight 999/1000 times.

This is assuming Edgar and Aldo come out as their usual self (save the Hominick fight).

Neither has Edgar. He gets hit a lot, he's durable. Mark is not, but has shown good head movement. Edgar doesn't have the power, he gets by with speed combinations that let him land first. He wouldn't out-technique Hominick, who's timing is great.
Well put

JDS amazing BJJ? I must have missed it.

Anything can happen is a bad argument. By that logic you can put Overeem vs Mike Russow and not pick a winner, just say anything can happen. Anyone with a brain will tell you the Reem wins that fight 999/1000 times.

This is assuming Edgar and Aldo come out as their usual self (save the Hominick fight).

We must have missed Aldo's amazing BJJ. He didn't seem to have much off his back against a mediocre kickboxer.

Its kind of a doubled edge sword, if Edger can capatalize early on catching the leg Aldo might become hesitant in throwing it. If aldo wants to throw them kicks he better set them up/hide thewm well

Very true. I see Aldo setting them up, though.

A few things:

1) FW's vs HW's don't make for a nice comparison. Cain has shown good power at HW, Edgar isn't known for his at LW, Aldo's known for his at FW. Aldo's a big FW, Frankie's a small LW.

2) Hominick is a better striker than Edgar. His offense is superior, Edgar can take a punch better.

3) Aldo has great TDD. Frankie doesn't have good top control. Aldo is good at escaping. Cain has a suffocating punch output/top game. Edgar hasn't.

The main similarity I see is Cain's and Edgar's cardio edge over their opponents, though JDS has never gone 5 and won. Aldo has.

1) & 3)

2)
korean-zombie-hominick.gif

I don't think we'll get a chance to see Aldos BJJ. As Frankie has shown in his 2nd fight with BJ, he uses takedowns to score points, not to try and hold down and/or advance positions.

This definitely will not be a one sided fight, Frankie is too durable and is great at scoring points. That being said, I think if Aldo stuns Frankie he will finish it (unlike Maynard) via BJJ.

It will be interesting to see the weight cut effects frankie....I think Aldo could blitz edgar out and finish him in the first or edgar will grind him down to a UD.....either way i think it will be one of the best fights of the year

We'll soon find out who did better on the feet against Aldo. FYI, Hominick out-landed Aldo in two rounds from a striking distance.

Out landed doest realy mean much when you eat power shots and get dropped. Aldo was also rolling with them shots, he was rarely hit flush or with anything with sting on it

We must have missed Aldo's amazing BJJ. He didn't seem to have much off his back against a mediocre kickboxer.

Did you miss my previous posts in this thread?

Let me repeat it for you, since I know you won't go back.

1.Aldo tapped Cobrinha twice in competition. That's insane.

2.He was ill and had a terrible weight cut in the Hominick fight, so you can't really judge.

3. Everyone in Aldo's camp says his BJJ is better than his stand-up. Does anyone ever say anything about JDS' BJJ? Never heard it. And by the look of it in the Cain fight, there really wasn't much to be said about it.

Now look at Aldo vs Faber when they hit the ground. Great guard passes and positional dominance. Faber is a great grappler himself but was completely dominated on the ground. When has JDS showed any ground game what so ever? Terrible comparison.

Hominick has amazing resolve and it seems like no matter how much damage he takes, he keeps coming, his cardio is unreal. I think people hang onto the latter rounds of that fight to discredit Aldo when it's quite obvious that he was ill.

Back