1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by CCA, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

Frankie has got very good at catching that leg, it very rare as of late for someone to kick him and not have there leg caught

2. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

Aldo's speed and set ups will be the difference. He might catch a few, but while he was catching Ben's kicks he was actually getting hit with them. If Aldo keeps connecting, after 2 rounds Frankie will be limping.

3. BOXINGMMAFREAK pussymonster

edgar would out box Hominick with no problems. Hominick has no striking defense

4. C0NCH3TO Gold Belt

aldo's wresslin is weak as hell, that's where i see him having issues...

5. Chramelated The Real Guy, The Best Guy Banned

JDS also has amazing BJJ, doesn't mean it's effective in mma. JDS also has tremendous TDD, as having only spent like 13 seconds on his back prior to the Cain fight. And JDS had never gassed BADLY prior tot he Cain fight. Anything can happen.

6. MCS Duck down pause right

Neither has Edgar. He gets hit a lot, he's durable. Mark is not, but has shown good head movement. Edgar doesn't have the power, he gets by with speed combinations that let him land first. He wouldn't out-technique Hominick, who's timing is great.

7. MolesyMMA Silver Belt

Edgar would eat Hominick up on the feet.

Its very early in the morning here, can't tell if you're being serious? Surely you cant be.

8. Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

Its kind of a doubled edge sword, if Edger can capatalize early on catching the leg Aldo might become hesitant in throwing it. If aldo wants to throw them kicks he better set them up/hide thewm well

9. liverkick83 Brown Belt

I would say hominicks striking is more technical more weapons with his Muay Thai Edgar probably has better boxing though

10. MCS Duck down pause right

[QUOTE="Rush";78141491]Edgar would eat Hominick up on the feet.[/QUOTE]

We'll soon find out who did better on the feet against Aldo. FYI, Hominick out-landed Aldo in two rounds from a striking distance.

11. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

JDS amazing BJJ? I must have missed it.

Anything can happen is a bad argument. By that logic you can put Overeem vs Mike Russow and not pick a winner, just say anything can happen. Anyone with a brain will tell you the Reem wins that fight 999/1000 times.

This is assuming Edgar and Aldo come out as their usual self (save the Hominick fight).

12. liverkick83 Brown Belt

Well put

13. JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

We must have missed Aldo's amazing BJJ. He didn't seem to have much off his back against a mediocre kickboxer.

14. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

Very true. I see Aldo setting them up, though.

15. CCA Orange Belt

1) & 3)

2)
    [​IMG]

16. speak Blue Belt

I don't think we'll get a chance to see Aldos BJJ. As Frankie has shown in his 2nd fight with BJ, he uses takedowns to score points, not to try and hold down and/or advance positions.

This definitely will not be a one sided fight, Frankie is too durable and is great at scoring points. That being said, I think if Aldo stuns Frankie he will finish it (unlike Maynard) via BJJ.

17. edwardfingerhut Blue Belt

It will be interesting to see the weight cut effects frankie....I think Aldo could blitz edgar out and finish him in the first or edgar will grind him down to a UD.....either way i think it will be one of the best fights of the year

18. Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

Out landed doest realy mean much when you eat power shots and get dropped. Aldo was also rolling with them shots, he was rarely hit flush or with anything with sting on it

19. The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!" Banned

Did you miss my previous posts in this thread?

Let me repeat it for you, since I know you won't go back.

1.Aldo tapped Cobrinha twice in competition. That's insane.

2.He was ill and had a terrible weight cut in the Hominick fight, so you can't really judge.

3. Everyone in Aldo's camp says his BJJ is better than his stand-up. Does anyone ever say anything about JDS' BJJ? Never heard it. And by the look of it in the Cain fight, there really wasn't much to be said about it.

Now look at Aldo vs Faber when they hit the ground. Great guard passes and positional dominance. Faber is a great grappler himself but was completely dominated on the ground. When has JDS showed any ground game what so ever? Terrible comparison.

20. MolesyMMA Silver Belt

Hominick has amazing resolve and it seems like no matter how much damage he takes, he keeps coming, his cardio is unreal. I think people hang onto the latter rounds of that fight to discredit Aldo when it's quite obvious that he was ill.