Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

It will be interesting to see the weight cut effects frankie....I think Aldo could blitz edgar out and finish him in the first or edgar will grind him down to a UD.....either way i think it will be one of the best fights of the year

Oh yeah cause everyone knows the way to stop Frankie is to blitz him and stop him in the first... Oh yeah how many times has that happened before???

Cant believe he is a huge favorite in this forums. Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint. The moment Jose Aldo tries a LK he is going to end on his back, but lets pretend he is not going to trow any and he will focus on his boxing. What Edgar will do is just exactly what Cain did to JDS: Constant pressure, constant takedown attempts and clinching. Edgar will not tire in the entire fight and Aldo

Cant believe he is a huge favorite in this forums. Mark Hominick destroyed Aldo in the last round and showed to the world the blueprint. The moment Jose Aldo tries a LK he is going to end on his back, but lets pretend he is not going to trow any and he will focus on his boxing. What Edgar will do is just exactly what Cain did to JDS: Constant pressure, constant takedown attempts and clinching. Edgar will not tire in the entire fight and Aldo

I agree. Aldo is great but Frankie is stronger, more rounded, and just better.

Is there any objective evidence of this? Frankie is strong, but will he be stronger than Aldo at 145? Not sure how Frankie is more rounded - does he have a black belt in anything? Other than his wrestling, I don't believe Frankie is better anywhere, which is why he is rightly the underdog.

Aldo WRECK's opponents, he throws stuff from weird angels, has an amazing sense for distance and timing, he's extremely good at only throwing stuff when the opponent is off-balance so they can't counter effectively, and he's just as well versed at forcing his opponents to engage him when they are off-balance giving him chance to counter.

No, edgar wont catch aldo's legkicks, he'd be stupid to even try, and if he try's to shoot on aldo he's likely to catch a knee to the head doing so.

Aldo's reflexes are next level, he's also extremely athletic and explosive to boot, maynard didnt have much difficulty connecting on edgar, if edgar think he'll survive a war against aldo he's fooling himself severly. Maynard had edgar in the cage (TWICE) on rollerskates for almost two full rounds in total, doing backflips, he survived because he has a great heart, but also because maynard has ZERO fight iq, he wont get by doing this against aldo, if aldo hurts him, he will put him away.

The only thing that even worry's me about this fight is that aldo hasnt fought in a year, and was injured again this past fall (cancelling the original date for the fight), other then that, there is nothing that concerns me.

You people seriously need to look at aldo's previous fights, the way he set's his opponents up during the fights shows that he (on top of everything above) also is very intelligent and has great fight iq, look at the way he steered mendes into the knee by using his wrist.

i see edgar as the clear fav, and think he will have no problems taking aldo down.

bj penn bjj is ten times better than aldos. also edgar has takendown the best wrestlers at 155.

Edgar may take Aldo down on occasion, but he won't be holding him down at all. Aldo is the clear favorite.

He also has better boxing and wrestling than Aldo. Only thing Aldo is better at than BJ is leg kicks.

Penn does not have better boxing than Aldo. Penn is a better counter-puncher, but everywhere else Aldo is much better.

Frankie has got very good at catching that leg, it very rare as of late for someone to kick him and not have there leg caught

Aldo's kicks are faster than Bendo's and he throws them in combination, not solo. Also, Edgar won't be catching them very well because Aldo throws them at man different heights. Aldo is going to severely outclass Edgar in this fight.

Nah. Hominick fight was somewhat of a fluke with Aldo gassing so hard. That's not really the standard for him.

lol no.

When has Edgar, as tough as he is ever done something like what Cain just did?

Aldo's bjj is a myth, im not saying he is not legit, but sure as hell aint better than his striking game...Aldo has to keep the fight standing to win the fight not on the ground, although his tdd is about the best there is in the game, eventhough if its not a normal wrestlers tdd...

I find myself having to defend Edgar and this Cain strategy, not because I think it will necessarily work, but because it is the only alternative. It would be madness to stand with Aldo for three much less five rounds. Yes, even worse than standing with Penn. Edgar used his quickness more than anything against BJ, an advantage he will not have against Aldo.

Your argument isn't very convincing my friend.

Your not taking into consideration Jose Aldo's firepower in his hands, Knee's and Legs.

Each limb has ended fights with one blow and in sec's.

Franky HAS to grind Jose down while Jose can light him up and put him to sleep.

NO ONE swarms in faster than Jose Aldo on a rocked opponent. Its not humanly possible.

Edgar has been rocked by lesser strikers and survived which is good for him but not in this case.

Catching Jose's legs kicks? Yeah right. Aldo has the hardest and fastest kicks in MMA P4P

Jose Aldo is a very dangerous man and you fail to respect that. We have seen Frankie's decisions and his greatest wins. I see nothing that gives him facing someone as skill and explosive as Aldo.

Last edited:

We'll just have to wait and see. I don't know about catching Aldo's leg kicks you could injure a hand or something. :icon_lol: If Frankie's speed does improve getting lighter it will be interesting, I don't see him taking down Aldo at will like Cain did to JDS. If he can weaken him the early rounds then maybe in the end he might have a chance at a takedown.

Aldo's bjj is a myth, im not saying he is not legit, but sure as hell aint better than his striking game...Aldo has to keep the fight standing to win the fight not on the ground, although his tdd is about the best there is in the game, eventhough if its not a normal wrestlers tdd...

I wouldn't say it's a myth Aldo has said many times he goes for the KO because that's what the fans want to see.

He took down DH, controlled him and imploded his head with elbows while in guard. Aldo took Matt Browns back like a Spider Monkey unloaded on his head. Aldo was gassed with DH on top of him and survived with zero energy not because of luck. It's know in the BJJ comunity that Aldo has subbed some high level guys and hold his own but he fights MMA and doesn't need to roll around displaying text book BJJ.

Aldo is strong as hell and explosive. Chances are your going to be fighting on his terms. If you fall to the ground daze or injured chances are your not getting up. This guy with turn your legs into jelly.

Last edited:
i don't disagree, ts.

tumblr_lumccsbsPH1qlskhvo1_400.gif

I wouldn't say it's a myth Aldo has said many times he goes for the KO because that's what the fans want to see.

He took down DH, controlled him and imploded his head with elbows while in guard. Aldo took Matt Browns back like a Spider Monkey unloaded on his head. Aldo was gassed with DH on top of him and survived with zero energy not because of luck. It's know in the BJJ comunity that Aldo has subbed some high level guys and hold his own but he fights MMA and doesn't need to roll around displaying text book BJJ.

Aldo is strong as hell and explosive. Chances are your going to be fighting on his terms. If you fall to the ground daze or injured chances are your not getting up. This guy with turn your legs into jelly.

he also dominated florian on the ground. when has that ever happened?

Clear differences I see....

1.Edgar does not have anything close to the power standing Cain does.

2.Edgar does not have anything close to the GnP ability Cain has.

3.Aldo has a much more diverse striking game than JDS and potentially a more advanced BJJ game aswell.

Alot of the story of Cain/JDS 2 was IMHO one guy having a limated gameplan/skillset and the other having a broader skill set that allowed him to switch his gameplan to exploit it. To me Edgar is the guy with the limated gameplan in this fight, you know almost exactly how he'll fight and Aldo is the guy with lots of tools to come up with a counter to that.

Back