Eddie Hall vs. Hafthor Bjornsson

i always used to use a hard front kick to the chest as a warning when you have someone aggressive coming towards you. Keep them at a safe distance, no broken hand, and more times than not it’s been enough to stop the situation escalating. You would just bounce off of someone that big, even if they are squared up. Nut shot is the answer! He ain’t gonna be able to run very fast, or far

I’d imagine most grappling techniques won’t work on someone that big and strong. He’d just be able to power out if it. Hit and run is the only option. If he grabs hold of you he would squeeze the life out of you
At least someone trained and average sized or slightly larger could deliver him a wicked liver shot which could be enough to incapacitate him long enough to get away. And, if he hits the ground, and you're ballsy, then you could follow it up with a blood choke like a rear naked to sleep him. Running is just much easier and he's not going to catch even the average guy with his lack of sprint speed.

Eddie can at least throw a punch. Thor looks very unnatural throwing punches.

I kinda favor Thor because of the height and weight advantage. Especially considering this will probably turn into a clinch fest since neither of them will be able to land any shots.

Bur Eddie does looks slightly better sparring

Thor looked really crappy in sparring sessions, but he has height and weight on Eddie Hall, also he seems to be less riddled with injuries and is younger, so he's probably a favorite.

Just in case anybody thinks that Thor would be any good in boxing, just watch this:

He's basically a Bob Sapp. Like a lot of big bodybuilder/weight lifter guys, he just doesn't seem to have the instincts for it. The huge weight he's carrying makes him stiff and awkward. For sure he'd out-scrap a random guy on the street, just based on his sheer size and strength, but a professional? No.

I agree
It’s almost common sense
Until you remember Sapp KOed Hoost foking twice

I agree
It’s almost common sense
Sapp was 10 times the fighter Thor etc are. Don't underestimate Sapp because of his shit cardio and all the fight s he threw

I expect a lot of clinching and Hafthor exhausting Eddie by leaning on him.

And yes, I would expect either of them to get slaughtered by any low level boxer. Probably would look like Jeep Swanson.

Eddie can at least throw a punch. Thor looks very unnatural throwing punches.

I kinda favor Thor because of the height and weight advantage. Especially considering this will probably turn into a clinch fest since neither of them will be able to land any shots.

Bur Eddie does looks slightly better sparring
Not slightly better but miles away imo

If this is what he brings, this is gonna be ugly. I actually think even Logan Paul can beat this guy

That's what I thought, he gases out after about 2 minutes and then has to quit sparring due to exhaustion. He encompasses all the stereotypes of a big man.

I agree
It’s almost common sense

He did. I have no idea what drugs Sapp was on, but prior to CroCop breaking his orbital bone, he could absorb a sickening beating. Hoost slaughtered him with liver shots, leg kicks and flush straight right hands in the 2nd fight but Sapp just kept going.

If Thor can absorb an equal beating then he could end up being a tough opponent.

This is probably one of the biggest beatings a guy ever took while still winning the fight:

He did. I have no idea what drugs Sapp was on, but prior to CroCop breaking his orbital bone, he could absorb a sickening beating. Hoost slaughtered him with liver shots, leg kicks and flush straight right hands in the 2nd fight but Sapp just kept going.

If Thor can absorb an equal beating then he could end up being a tough opponent.

This is probably one of the biggest beatings a guy ever took while still winning the fight:

man, i had forgotten that hoost was actually whooping his ass most of the time. i don't know why i recalled sapp just bullrushing him and TKOing him quickly.

but hoost was doing to him here what pretty much everyone else did to him, except here he didn't crumble. imagine if that beast had learned how to throw some technical punches. for a while he seemed to be progressing pretty quickly, but then it all went to shit double quick.

i wonder what he's up to nowadays, he seems to have stopped taking fights in which he falls over after first contact. i wonder if he kept any of the money he made while he was popular in japan.

He's game, at least. I don't quite know why they're letting him hold and hit so much, it's pretty much all he did. If they have an actual referee in for the fight that won't be allowed. But I've heard Hafthor surrounds himself with a lot of yes-men so I'm not too surprised.
The guy he is sparring is an actual boxer (Skuli Armansson, the first Icelander to do a professional boxing match) and they are good friends. Skuli said in an interview that he asked Hafthor to go all out, so Hafthor did.

The guy he is sparring is an actual boxer (Skuli Armansson, the first Icelander to do a professional boxing match) and they are good friends. Skuli said in an interview that he asked Hafthor to go all out, so Hafthor did.

That's cool. That doesn't really address my point about holding and hitting though. You'd figure they'd be trying to train those kinds of things out of him, not reinforce them. But they all probably figure it'll be an ugly side show of a fight anyway.

You sure Skulli Armansson was the first Icelander (born in Iceland that is) to ever do a professional boxing match? That was only in 2008 so it's a bit hard to believe that nobody else tried before him. Right now there's an Icelander named Gunnar Kolbeinn Kristinsson that's still competing, he turned pro in 2014.

You sure Skulli Armansson was the first Icelander (born in Iceland that is) to ever do a professional boxing match? That was only in 2008 so it's a bit hard to believe that nobody else tried before him. Right now there's an Icelander named Gunnar Kolbeinn Kristinsson that's still competing, he turned pro in 2014.
I've read in various articles that he was the first Icelander to do a professional boxing match.

That's cool. That doesn't really address my point about holding and hitting though. You'd figure they'd be trying to train those kinds of things out of him, not reinforce them. But they all probably figure it'll be an ugly side show of a fight anyway.
That sparring isn't recent, it's from 6 years ago. It was just for fun, it wasn't about getting better or something. That Skuli guy just wanted to see if he could take whatever Hafthor threw at him.

I've read in various articles that he was the first Icelander to do a professional boxing match.
I was skeptical but it appears you're right. Armansson was the first Icelandic professional boxer to compete, Kristinsson (currently active heavyweight) was second, and a woman named Valgerdur Gudstensdottir was the third (also currently active).
Quick, Name ONE Boxer Who Hails From Iceland!

Don't forget he gave Nog nightmares by tossing him all across the ring when Nog was legit prime.

When I relaxed from sports at the weekend I watched WSM strong man events 2017. Wow what a cheating lying cunt this Hafthor guy is.

And that really is rare in these type of events.

Complete joke. Tried everything to win by cheating and then had to balls to not even congratulate Hall.
Annother contest he was the only one needing instant O2 afterwards. Cardio for seconds.

I just see one non functional meat bag there with the IQ of a toaster.

When I relaxed from sports at the weekend I watched WSM strong man events 2017. Wow what a cheating lying cunt this Hafthor guy is.

And that really is rare in these type of events.

Complete joke. Tried everything to win by cheating and then had to balls to not even congratulate Hall.
Annother contest he was the only one needing instant O2 afterwards. Cardio for seconds.

I just see one non functional meat bag there with the IQ of a toaster.
Yeah I've seen that one. He is a really sore loser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back