Eddie Hall vs. Hafthor Bjornsson

glhfddka

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hafthor just DL 501KG to (officially? unofficially? depending on whose side you're on) break Eddie Hall's record.

Afterwards called out Eddie Hall who he has beef with to a boxing match. Who you got?

Eddie Hall (fully hydrated)
6'3" tall, weighing 410 lbs
World's strongest man 2017
500kg deadlift, 216kg axle press world record.

Hafthor Bjornsson
6'9" tall, weighing 452 lbs
World's strongest man 2018
501kg deadlift world record, crushed Oberyn Martell's head like a grape in Game of Thrones (spoiler)

Hafthor just DL 501KG to (officially? unofficially? depending on whose side you're on) break Eddie Hall's record.

Afterwards called out Eddie Hall who he has beef with to a boxing match. Who you got?

Eddie Hall (fully hydrated)
6'3" tall, weighing 410 lbs
World's strongest man 2017
500kg deadlift, 216kg axle press world record.

Hafthor Bjornsson
6'9" tall, weighing 452 lbs
World's strongest man 2018
501kg deadlift world record, crushed Oberyn Martell's head like a grape in Game of Thrones (spoiler)

Eddie Hall already competed in a boxing match vs a normal sized HW and he got badly out boxed. My money would be on Hafhor since he'd have such a height and reach advantage and they'd both be equally useless at boxing. Here's a video of Hall in that match.

Eddie Hall already competed in a boxing match vs a normal sized HW and he got badly out boxed. My money would be on Hafhor since he'd have such a height and reach advantage and they'd both be equally useless at boxing. Here's a video of Hall in that match.

OK followup question. Lets say you and your buds are at the bar, and Hafthor is looking to fight you. What's the minimum number of buds you'd need backing you up for you to step to?

Also regarding your video, yeah Hall got outboxed, but dang its crazy seeing him just toss a heavyweight around by accident on some of those clinches.

OK followup question. Lets say you and your buds are at the bar, and Hafthor is looking to fight you. What's the minimum number of buds you'd need backing you up for you to step to?
I'd invite him out in the street because movement would be the only way I'd beat him and then just dance around him until he hopefully gasses. I don't think numbers would help whilst he was still ungassed. He's just too strong, he'd be throwing all my friends around.

I'd invite him out in the street because movement would be the only way I'd beat him and then just dance around him until he hopefully gasses..

I hope you're joking. An ordinary housewife would whoop your ass.

I'd be rooting for Eddie. I dont know Thor just always seemed like a dick to me.

I'd be rooting for Eddie. I dont know Thor just always seemed like a dick to me.
He is a big crybaby. When Hall beat him in the WSM 2017, he cried about how he thought Eddie was a cheat and didn't deserve to win, etc.
Now he finally lifts 1kg more than Eddie, while in his gym instead of at an official event, and calls him out. What a pompous ass, I hope Eddie knocks him out.

He is a big crybaby. When Hall beat him in the WSM 2017, he cried about how he thought Eddie was a cheat and didn't deserve to win, etc.
Now he finally lifts 1kg more than Eddie, while in his gym instead of at an official event, and calls him out. What a pompous ass, I hope Eddie knocks him out.
He did that lift pretty easy. It almost killed Eddie to do less. I would be interested in this freak show. Way better than any youtube celebrity garbage.

I'd probably watch it after the event on youtube, the John Fury fight is of more interest to me at the moment to be fair.

I dont know if I want to see two men die in the ring from cardiac arrest after 1 round

Also yeah, Thor became a bitter loser when Hall beat him at WSM, and only breaks Hall’s record by 1 kilo? Records are meant to be shattered or yeah, broken but 1 kilo??

thor has always been a better mover and more explosive than hall and shaw, so he likely throws a better punch. certainly longer than eddie.

Thor looked really crappy in sparring sessions, but he has height and weight on Eddie Hall, also he seems to be less riddled with injuries and is younger, so he's probably a favorite.

Just in case anybody thinks that Thor would be any good in boxing, just watch this:

He's basically a Bob Sapp. Like a lot of big bodybuilder/weight lifter guys, he just doesn't seem to have the instincts for it. The huge weight he's carrying makes him stiff and awkward. For sure he'd out-scrap a random guy on the street, just based on his sheer size and strength, but a professional? No.

For my money Hall looks better and more composed there than Thor does in his own boxing matches. Seemed like he legitimately hurt the other guy a few times.

Just his sheer weight was knocking the other guy across the ring:

If Thor rushes into those shots with his "wild bull" reckless style, he's probably going to get hurt. Hall is slow, stationary and doesn't really know how to connect his punches, but he does seem to have some punching power.

Thor looked really crappy in sparring sessions, but he has height and weight on Eddie Hall, also he seems to be less riddled with injuries and is younger, so he's probably a favorite.

Just in case anybody thinks that Thor would be any good in boxing, just watch this:

He's basically a Bob Sapp. Like a lot of big bodybuilder/weight lifter guys, he just doesn't seem to have the instincts for it. The huge weight he's carrying makes him stiff and awkward. For sure he'd out-scrap a random guy on the street, just based on his sheer size and strength, but a professional? No.

Haha he gassed out exactly two and a half minutes into it... That's about a round.
For boxing he would need to lose some mass for durability, some muscle for fluidity and some strenght for agility, because those things count in fighting. Then he's still a beginner, because he doesn't have the nuances down, like turning his head away when he gets hit.... When he has the nuances down, he's still low level, because it takes years of experience to develop cognitive ability. He'd never get there though, because he doesn't have the right mental attitude. All the punches downstairs he'd take would make him quit quickly... And he'd take a lot of those, because his height makes him vulnerable to punches downstairs. So Mark Twain was spot on once again: It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

LOL in your dreams troll.

In my dreams? Are you positive?
C'mon let's be realistic: Do you really think you could beat ALL average females on the planet? You don't know much about fighting.
I know a 14 y.old girl that is an amateur boxer, and she'd probably fuck you up.

Last edited:
Meh, I've seen Hafthor sparring Conor years back. He was getting steadily broken down to the body. He can't box for shit but that's to be expected because he weighs nearly a quarter ton. I've seen him at over 400 pounds with well-defined abs so he's definitely a freak of nature and extremely strong. He can't fight though. At least other WSM guys, like Mariusz Pudzianowski, showed he could fight a bit as a pro MMA fighter (after he lost all that extra mass). He already had a background in Karate before transitioning to MMA.

I'd invite him out in the street because movement would be the only way I'd beat him and then just dance around him until he hopefully gasses. I don't think numbers would help whilst he was still ungassed. He's just too strong, he'd be throwing all my friends around.
Yeah, boxing & moving for the win. I'd also target his kneecaps and nuts, if necessary, for good measure. Now if he got ahold of either one of us then we'd be terribly fucked. You'd have to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee for a few minutes until he was exhausted and then beat the shit out of him once he turns shades of purple. Don't forget to invest in the body and you've got this.

shit, if it's a streetfight, a man that heavy? I don't know, if it's a boxing match, probably the average boxer of any class would just beat up on him. but I don't know how many of you have wrestled with someone a good 70 pounds heavier than you but it's ego crushing even if they are pros. I wrestled with Jeff Monson who probably weighed about 260 and I couldn't budge the dude, he was cool I have to say and wasn't doing like some people be doing when they got you like that. Most of the mma guys do a lot of retarded shit in the gym.

shit, if it's a streetfight, a man that heavy? I don't know, if it's a boxing match, probably the average boxer of any class would just beat up on him. but I don't know how many of you have wrestled with someone a good 70 pounds heavier than you but it's ego crushing even if they are pros. I wrestled with Jeff Monson who probably weighed about 260 and I couldn't budge the dude, he was cool I have to say and wasn't doing like some people be doing when they got you like that. Most of the mma guys do a lot of retarded shit in the gym.
Grappling with a guy that big and strong would be a terrible mistake for sure. I know Jeff Monson. He's strong and is a fairly good grappler. Not a bad fighter all around (though a washed up Fedor still handled him easily). Monson has some interesting tattoos.

Back