Eddie Alvarez: "It's a very simple fight for RDA to win."

Agree with what Eddie says about people thinking why did nobody do that to Conor. I think Conor has a good chance against RDA though, who I worry about if he can't be pressuring Conor and striking whilst going forward.

I hope Conor actually trains off his back. Wouldn't surprise me with all the yes men in his camp if they pretty much ignore his bottom game.

After that showing against Pettis, I was hoping he'd just shut the fuck up for awhile so I could like him again.

Well I think we can all see what Eddie is saying. And Eddie himself is a great fighter with tons of experience who might have the ability to execute a game plan that would be effective against McGregor.
But something tells me it is easier said than done, and Eddie has a way of getting hit in his fights that doesn't seem promising in a 5 round fight with someone is accurate and active as Conor.

Regarding Conor/RDA...I have no idea what to expect. RDA seems to me like a tough match up for McGregor, but he proved me wrong against Mendes and Aldo, and McGregor certainly seems confident.

I just saw the Bully beat down again Eddie was on, it was pretty funny. I like Eddie, he seems kind of like Frankie to me, just a pretty cool guy overall and laid back.

Everyone talks about 2 week Mendes but Conor wasn't 100% either.

I know exactly how Eddie feels about grapplers that abandon their skillsets... Nick Diaz and BJ Penn are the very first two to come to mind. Excellent grapplers, rarely ever use it.

BJ, yes but I disagree on Diaz. Sure Diaz is prone to firefights but he's not a particularly strong wrestler so what else can he do is his opponent won't follow him to the ground? Think of all the guys who have struggled to get Anderson to the ground and ask yourself if Diaz would have any shot of making that happen.

So because Eddie was able to grind out boring decision against Pettis he now thinks he's amazing wrestler who could beat Conor easily?

Don't forget about Rampage, Hendo, Nelson, Rashad and the list goes on.

All guys with wrestling/BJJ background that just try to knock people out.

Rashad didn't even go for 1 takedown against Machida and lost his belt because of it.

To be fair to Rashad, this was back when Machida seemed pretty much immune to takedowns.

So because Eddie was able to grind out boring decision against Pettis he now thinks he's amazing wrestler who could beat Conor easily?

That is in no way what he said. He said the gameplan is simple, and RDA should use it (you know, like Mendezs gameplan minus the gassing part). He never said he would easily beat Connor lol.

Well I think we can all see what Eddie is saying. And Eddie himself is a great fighter with tons of experience who might have the ability to execute a game plan that would be effective against McGregor.
But something tells me it is easier said than done, and Eddie has a way of getting hit in his fights that doesn't seem promising in a 5 round fight with someone is accurate and active as Conor.

Regarding Conor/RDA...I have no idea what to expect. RDA seems to me like a tough match up for McGregor, but he proved me wrong against Mendes and Aldo, and McGregor certainly seems confident.

This always baffled me. He has good footwork and head movement and still manages to get dropped at some point in half his fights.

His training partners. http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/buchh...ng-mendes-hasnt-see-before-exclusive-189-ufc/

They said Mendes was preparing 100% for this fight for three weeks, and they said that a week prior to the bout. They could have been lying, but let's not act as if nobody said he started preparing two weeks prior to the official announcement that he would step in.

They're obviously biased though.

Everyone at TAM said Mendes was in amazing shape and going to KO Conor then when he lost they said he was injured, only had 2 weeks, would win the rematch with a full camp, etc.

Lets see Eddie Alvarez or Las Vegas....im guessing it's not "simple"as Conor is now a -150 favorite over the 155 champ whos been steamrolling over everyone.

Lets see Eddie Alvarez or Las Vegas....im guessing it's not "simple"as Conor is now a -150 favorite over the 155 champ whos been steamrolling over everyone.

Odds don't mean anything and the odds are virtually even for this fight.

They're made and changed according to how many bets are placed on a certain fighter. Conor was +100 when the line first came out.

Everyone was betting on Ronda which is why Holly was +1250.

The same could have been said before the Pettis fight and look what happened...

Pettis is known to get complacent when being grinded and pressure. I don't see Conor letting Alavrez survive more than 5 minutes

lol yeah just push him against the cage and hold on for dear life.

They're obviously biased though.

Everyone at TAM said Mendes was in amazing shape and going to KO Conor then when he lost they said he was injured, only had 2 weeks, would win the rematch with a full camp, etc.

Makes sense. Though it worth pointing out that they said more than just that he was in amazing shape. They made factual claims that the UFC gave them the heads up two weeks prior to the official two week notice that Mendes would fill in for Aldo and that Mendes had been using that time to prepare. If those factual claims aren't true, then they are more than biased, they are lying about when the UFC notified Mendes.

But I don't really know, and I wasn't there. I am making no claims as to how long Mendes trained. But I am mocking the gradual shortening of his prep time by his team, his fans, and those who dislike McGregor.

Eddie using the Mendes fight as a blue print even though Conor was like a dead man walking coming into the fight .

Nobody else would have fought Mendes like Conor did after all the shit Conor went through in the build up . A few people tried to talk Conor out of fighting Mendes , he was really struggling . Man I hope RDA gets Conor down so Conor can put this ground game shit to bed once and for all

McGregor is so overrated on these boards I finally realized it's not just trolling anymore. Sherdog acts as if Conor has GOAT stand up.

and eddie says the way to beat him is to NOT stand with him.

Back