Eddie Alvarez: "It's a very simple fight for RDA to win."

Odds don't mean anything and the odds are virtually even for this fight.

They're made and changed according to how many bets are placed on a certain fighter. Conor was +100 when the line first came out.

Everyone was betting on Ronda which is why Holly was +1250.
My point is that vegas is more on point than not and the fight did open pkem , hence----this is no simple fight for either fighter,lol.
Conor is a natural lw who is a great puncher and has a helluva chin.

And this is the guy Robin Black named his Alvarez-Sapp scale after?

LOL. Only Gods scare people so much they do a 180 on their fighting style.

Conor bless.

Makes sense. Though it worth pointing out that they said more than just that he was in amazing shape. They made factual claims that the UFC gave them the heads up two weeks prior to the official two week notice that Mendes would fill in for Aldo and that Mendes had been using that time to prepare. If those factual claims aren't true, then they are more than biased, they are lying about when the UFC notified Mendes.

But I don't really know, and I wasn't there. I am making no claims as to how long Mendes trained. But I am mocking the gradual shortening of his prep time by his team, his fans, and those who dislike McGregor.

Who knows? It's all he said she said.

If you're saying TAM said they had a month then they're lying somewhere since they all said Conor only won because of a 2 week Mendes.

Eddie can definitely hump the shit of of McGregor but he can also get ktfo, Conor only needs to land one.

I would root for Eddie.

My point is that vegas is more on point than not and the fight did open pkem , hence----this is no simple fight for either fighter,lol.
Conor is a natural lw who is a great puncher and has a helluva chin.

Tell that to Conor then because he said he'd KO RDA in 1 minute.

His coach said he'd be lucky to survive the 1st exchange.

"I will dust Rafael inside one minute. He is a slower, sloppier version of Aldo. He's like a bum version of Aldo. In absolutely everything, I believe inside one minute, I will dust him. I will exit the contest, fresh. I will cash the check, and I will sign the new contract for UFC 200, at the brand new MGM, and we'll re again."

Who knows? It's all he said she said.

If you're saying TAM said they had a month then they're lying somewhere since they all said Conor only won because of a 2 week Mendes.

You don't have to take me at my word when I claim that TAM said they had a month. I posted a link with a video and an accompanying partial transcript of them saying it. They said it. They aslo claimed int he same interview that Mendes' camps are usually only six weeks long.

I'm not trying to reopen the argument about whether Mendes was fully prepared for the fight. I assume he was not.

thats a pretty good argument, and its definitely mcgregor's weaker spot (not necessarily THAT weak, but its clearly weaker)

we would have to see if RDA is smart enough to not go full aldo

btw, 1:06:00

Tell that to Conor then because he said he'd KO RDA in 1 minute.

His coach said he'd be lucky to survive the 1st exchange.
I agree---this is no wslk in the park for Conor.After what I saw rda do to Pettis, id be surprised in any lw handling Rda in a quick manner.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

- "Iron" Mike Tyson

Big fan of Eddie. Also agree mostly with his points and breakdown. Where I differ is in saying it's easy. Every moment spent at range puts RDA at his most vulnerable position in the fight. I do believe his path to victory does lie in mixing it up with the leg and body kicks to pressure Conor to the cage.

RDA is best at taking down his opponents against the cage. He does not have an explosive double leg like Mendes, arguably best power double shot in mma. He does however have a much better top game than Chad and won't make the same mistakes like going for a guillotine to give up top.

Really can't pick a winner in this fight. Both men present problems for one another. I do not see it going full 5 regardless of the victor.

alvarez's opinion goes against the popular one, but he has a point. I could very well see rda doing to conor what he did to pettis.

Conor better come out throwing lefts like there is no fucking tomorrow because if rda gets ahold of him, itll be a tough tough fight for him..

im actually going to put some money down on rda. im sure he will be a big underdog.

he is pointing out the obvious.

Chad tried that exact gameplan and failed. He can make as many excuses as he wants for mendes, but if mendes gets way out of shape between fights that's his own damn fault. Nobody made Mendes sign on the dotted line. He did because he thought his wrestling would tear through Conor.

As for Aldo, the fight was 13 seconds long. What did he expect him to do, walk to the center of the octagon and shoot on Conor?

Not sure where Eddie gets the idea that he is a desired source for technical advice considering how he fights.
Easier said than done Mr Alvarez.

People keep saying the fight will be one sided, one way or another.

I actually expect a war..

Chad tried that exact gameplan and failed. He can make as many excuses as he wants for mendes, but if mendes gets way out of shape between fights that's his own damn fault. Nobody made Mendes sign on the dotted line. He did because he thought his wrestling would tear through Conor.

As for Aldo, the fight was 13 seconds long. What did he expect him to do, walk to the center of the octagon and shoot on Conor?

Not sure where Eddie gets the idea that he is a desired source for technical advice considering how he fights.

Don't forget about that $500K baby!

He already lost 2 title fights.

Which fighter out there would turn down an instant title shot with $500K after they already lost two title fights?

Another thread mauled by the butthurt McGregor fans who can't take some criticism against their fighter.

sorry but it seems that the ufc had frankie and chad as options and chad was the most out of shape and they chose him

as for aldo he just went stupid. he should have a feeling out process, and yeah, take mcgregor early down in the fight

What are you talking about? I don't even like Conor.

I'm just quoting an interview Eddie did today.

You're dumb...

You're an idiot. You need to hit an English class.

How can a thread be mauled if it's made by one person fool? I'm referring to the first two replies.

Put your tinfoil hat back on scrub, not everyone is out to get you.

sorry but it seems that the ufc had frankie and chad as options and chad was the most out of shape and they chose him

as for aldo he just went stupid. he should have a feeling out process, and yeah, take mcgregor early down in the fight

That's true. Even Edgar said Mendes isn't a guy that stays in the gym when he's not fighting.

lol @ the 1st comment.

e9R3d8k.jpg

Last edited:
You're an idiot. You need to hit an English class.

How can a thread be mauled if it's made by one person fool? I'm referring to the first two posts.

Put your tinfoil hat back on scrub, not everyone is out to get you.

lol sorry misread. I thought it said thread made by.

Been staring at the monitor too long. We're good. :D

Back