Eddie Alvarez: "It's a very simple fight for RDA to win."

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
mod edit.. around 1 hour 46 minutes.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/8...l-dos-anjos-alexander-gustafsson-ben-rothwell

Shots fired. Good interview from the mma hour today.

He also talks about the Mendes fight saying it takes a ton of energy and conditioning/training to implement a wrestling attack. You can't roll off the couch and implement a wrestling attack against a guy on 10 days notice.

I have a feeling he was talking about Aldo when he was talking about the BJJ background stuff. Which is probably true. I don't think I saw Aldo doing any takedown/submission drills in the locker room before the fight.
"It's a very simple fight for RDA to win but he needs to implement a ground attack. If he don't I honestly feel like he can get knocked out just like the other guys that Conor was able to knock out. But he can't allow it to be mostly striking.

I hate when guys who are from a BJJ background and a good wrestling background abandon their whole base and their whole fundamental because a lot of guys around them are telling them they're good strikers. I hope RDA doesn't do that. I hope he sticks to what he's good at and wins the fight in a dominant fashion the way he can. The way I feel like a lot of guys can that aren't doing it against Conor.

There's a simple way to win against this guy and nobody seems to be doing it. It's frustrating to watch.
I feel like it'll look foolish. I honestly feel like it could be an embarrassment It could be like everyone in the crowd going wow, that was it? Why didn't anybody else do that? It could be that surprising to people. We just haven't seen him there.

The guy hasn't been in the fight that we need to see him in. Nobody's implemented an attack and when someone does it's over. This whole show's over. The whole goddamn spectacle's over with. I don't know why no one's doing it. It's very frustrating."

Last edited by a moderator:
Conor could look at Eddie and he would be KO'd. Not sure why he's talking.

Sounds like a man who clearly wants no part of McGregor.

It is very simple fight for RDA to win.......until it is not.

McGregor is so overrated on these boards I finally realized it's not just trolling anymore. Sherdog acts as if Conor has GOAT stand up.

I know exactly how Eddie feels about grapplers that abandon their skillsets... Nick Diaz and BJ Penn are the very first two to come to mind. Excellent grapplers, rarely ever use it.

Eddie would be an easier fight for RDA than Conor is.

Trying to justify his own wall-n-stall tactics as "smart"

Even if I am wrong and rda beats Conor, even if he then loses to Khabib and then Ferguson... Eddie still gets smashed IMO.

maybe. he gets hit a decent amount and Conors got big power, but he's also got good wrestling and could possibly smother Conor. I could see it going either way, unless Conor shows us his TDD is much better than we think against RDA.

Agree with Eddie, and lol at all the fluffers and fanboys in here.

Im guessing he sees RDA vs Conor the same as him vs Pettis? Wrestlefucking a striker.

I know exactly how Eddie feels about grapplers that abandon their skillsets... Nick Diaz and BJ Penn are the very first two to come to mind. Excellent grapplers, rarely ever use it.

Don't forget about Rampage, Hendo, Nelson, Rashad and the list goes on.

All guys with wrestling/BJJ background that just try to knock people out.

Rashad didn't even go for 1 takedown against Machida and lost his belt because of it.

Last edited:
eke out one or two more weak splits and you might get your very own red panty night, eddie!

Back