Eddie Alvarez: "It's a very simple fight for RDA to win."

Conor fans are fuming ... Its okay kiddies, Conor can defend himself

Shots fired. Good interview from the mma hour today.

He also talks about the Mendes fight saying it takes a ton of energy and conditioning/training to implement a wrestling attack. You can't roll off the couch and implement a wrestling attack against a guy on 10 days notice.

I have a feeling he was talking about Aldo when he was talking about the BJJ background stuff. Which is probably true. I don't think I saw Aldo doing any takedown/submission drills in the locker room before the fight.
Eddie isn't wrong. Eddie would be a nightmare match-up for either RDA or Conor.

Honestly i think Conor would beat RDA and Alvarez in the same night.

Ever since Conor arrived on the scene, it's amazing at how many 155lb scrubs and small LW's there now seems to be.

Conor will get figured out, just like every other fighter.

I agree that RDA should take this fight to the ground and if he doesn't see an opening he needs to at least feint take downs to give his striking a chance to be more effective.

So lost a 29-28 decision = decimated now?

Exaggerate much?

Fake El Chapo's an idiot. Better to ignore him.

Talking about the Cowboy loss when he just beat the guy that KO'd Cowboy in 2 minutes.

He also talks about the Mendes fight saying it takes a ton of energy and conditioning/training to implement a wrestling attack. You can't roll off the couch and implement a wrestling attack against a guy on 10 days notice.

I have a feeling he was talking about Aldo when he was talking about the BJJ background stuff. Which is probably true. I don't think I saw Aldo doing any takedown/submission drills in the locker room before the fight.
agree. Much like Ronda & Holm.
It took someone like Holm, who has been a champ before and didn't let the moment, the taunts get to her and change her style.
IMO this is part of the mental battle. he fluster people so they come with the gameplane to hurt him... he wants guys trying to brawl, because then he can pick them apart.

McGregor is so overrated on these boards I finally realized it's not just trolling anymore. Sherdog acts as if Conor has GOAT stand up.
You know at first I thought he was just a flashy striker with a big mouth. Then I started realizing how sound his striking really is.... his big mouth is almost a distraction from the quality of his striking. What is he now? 8-0 with 7 ko's?

Yeah agreed, Eddie is a pretty small LW, i think Connor would finish Alvarez pretty quickly and i am an Alvarez fan.
small lw in what planet
gallery-eddie-006.jpg
77b7707d.jpg

Eddie squeezed in a couple of tears watching Andy Wang fight IMO...
bj-penn-cry-o.gif

I know exactly how Eddie feels about grapplers that abandon their skillsets... Nick Diaz and BJ Penn are the very first two to come to mind. Excellent grapplers, rarely ever use it.
Nick seems to have zero wrestling to take it to the ground against modern day opponents anyway. Only time we've seen him using his BJJ in the past half-decade is when he hurts a guy or when he's on his back.

1. Mendes' prep time keeps getting shorter and shorter. First it was a month, then two weeks, now down to ten days. Can't wait for 48 Hours Mendes to rear his poorly prepared head.

2. Alvarez is obviously right. If RDA can take Conor down and keep him there then he'll win the fight. Whether that strategy is as easy as it is simple remains to be seen.

Mendes' prep time keeps getting shorter and shorter. First it was a month, then two weeks, now down to ten days. Can't wait for 48 Hours Mendes to rear his poorly prepared head.

Who said he was training for a month? It's common knowledge he was spending his time off drinking beer and hunting based on his instagram posts.

How much hard sparring and training do you think he did in the week of the fight?

You can't do hard sparring and risk getting injured that close to a fight. It was 1 week of training and the other week mostly was spent doing media stuff and cutting weight.

comewhat agree. To beat Conor, you need to use your entire skill set and attack his weakness. So many wrestlers fall in love with standup. Very few fighters will beat him standing. RDA needs to mix it up and he should be just fine.

Mendes' prep time keeps getting shorter and shorter. First it was a month, then two weeks, now down to ten days. Can't wait for 48 Hours Mendes to rear his poorly prepared head.

Breaking News: Mendes is officially down to 36 hours of fight prep. According to a popular MMA site Mendes is recently quoted as saying: "camp was rushed and hectic and I guess nobody was really watching the calendar..... anyway we did the analysis and it wasn't actually two weeks - it was 36 hours. I guess somebody put the calendar back a few days and all the fellas thought it was a full 14 days but it turned out to be only one and a half...."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back