Television ECHO (Official Trailer, post #52; Premieres Jan. 10)

Never heard of that. Is it legit?

Very legit.

The ads per page are agregious, but the vast majority of every comic I've looked for is there, and in a respectable resolution/size per image.

Very legit.

The ads per page are agregious, but the vast majority of every comic I've looked for is there, and in a respectable resolution/size per image.

Do they have Groo The Wanderer? X-Men vs. Teen Titans by Walt Simonson?

Do they have Groo The Wanderer? X-Men vs. Teen Titans by Walt Simonson?

Just click on the link and use the search function to see for yourself.

The website ain't gonna give you viruses.

I never listen to all those stupid incel Youtube channels constantly shitting on everything Disney.

I gave this a chance, and legit thought it was horrible. It wasn't woke, but so freaking boring. The main actress lines were written where she had zero personality and her origin powers were stupid. Plot was convoluted and had no direction. Pass.

Last edited:
Are y'all cranking up The Halluci Nation after watching this?

dude I literally did lol
I actually thought of you several times while watching the series tbh. I was like I gotta get on Sherdog and see what Spam thinks. I have many many thoughts myself

I'm gonna have to deliberately hold myself back from uncorking a monster rant, so let me just say a few things off the top:
The basic plot premise if forgettable, I don't think Alaqua Cox is a particularly good actor (at least in this role, and with this writing), and I think the character herself is extremely unlikeable. Like, very unlikeable. I'm not even sure what kind of character they are trying to write.
However, and this is a big however, I'm extremely glad this show exists. You can tell that they didn't simply consult with the tribe (one of my own tribes) but had tribal cultural and historical resource staff actually drive the writing of those parts of the show. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the opening of the second episode, and the pow wow going on in the final episode. I was fucking blown away by both of those things. The opening of the second episode had the Native historian in me literally flabbergasted; I don't think I can recall ever seeing that kind of historical representation of a pre-contact tribal society, fictionalized or not, on a screen anywhere. As for the pow wow scene, well, for my non-Native folks hanging out. that was basically like just an actual pow wow. That was real regalia, real drumming, I mean it appears as though the tribe just had what was essentially a part of a pow wow (or at least grand entry) and then the show people worked with it to film what they needed. It was fucking COOL. On that note, I was extremely uncomfortable with the idea that
a huge gun fight was going to break out during a pow wow, and thank the good lord they had sense enough not to try and make that happen

I just don't understand all of those Youtube channels claiming woke? Where is the woke? Their schtick is lame and tired.
Right? The actress IS deaf and missing a foot. The fuck are they supposed to do about it?

Right? The actress IS deaf and missing a foot. The fuck are they supposed to do about it?

Some of these channels were claiming it was woke because she was Native American and deaf. But the fucking comic book character was Native American and deaf.

I do wish they made her have the same powers as in the comics. She could "echo" the powers of others.

- I got really happy when i read the title of this thread. Because i though wha s a Echo the Dolphin tv series.

dude I literally did lol
I actually thought of you several times while watching the series tbh. I was like I gotta get on Sherdog and see what Spam thinks. I have many many thoughts myself
I need to watch episode 5 still, but overall I really liked seeing the Choctaw tie-ins. My wife is Choctaw . . . I'd ask her to watch it, but she's not a huge Marvel fan. :)

I've been waiting for some of the larger tribes in the state to take advantage of getting their history out in various forms of media. I wish the Cherokee Nation would do so with some of our stories.

I'm gonna have to deliberately hold myself back from uncorking a monster rant, so let me just say a few things off the top:
The basic plot premise if forgettable, I don't think Alaqua Cox is a particularly good actor (at least in this role, and with this writing), and I think the character herself is extremely unlikeable. Like, very unlikeable. I'm not even sure what kind of character they are trying to write.
However, and this is a big however, I'm extremely glad this show exists. You can tell that they didn't simply consult with the tribe (one of my own tribes) but had tribal cultural and historical resource staff actually drive the writing of those parts of the show. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the opening of the second episode, and the pow wow going on in the final episode. I was fucking blown away by both of those things. The opening of the second episode had the Native historian in me literally flabbergasted; I don't think I can recall ever seeing that kind of historical representation of a pre-contact tribal society, fictionalized or not, on a screen anywhere. As for the pow wow scene, well, for my non-Native folks hanging out. that was basically like just an actual pow wow. That was real regalia, real drumming, I mean it appears as though the tribe just had what was essentially a part of a pow wow (or at least grand entry) and then the show people worked with it to film what they needed. It was fucking COOL. On that note, I was extremely uncomfortable with the idea that
a huge gun fight was going to break out during a pow wow, and thank the good lord they had sense enough not to try and make that happen
I was hoping for your take on it, these parts are actually some of the reasons I’m excited to see it.

Loved the first 2 episodes an thought it was going to be really good. Then the story really slowed which allowed you to pay more attention to the audio n it really began to get annoying with how they did it so much so I had to soldier thru the last episodes. Best part was Kingpin he made it tolerable at end. .

Disney had to screw it up even when they have good ideas

I just don't understand all of those Youtube channels claiming woke? Where is the woke? Their schtick is lame and tired.

If the actress wasn't Native American, deaf and an amputee, the series probably wouldn't have been made. In the comics, Echo is a B-lister at best. We're not talking about the kind of fan base that Spider-Man, Daredevil or Punisher have. Hell, the Kingpin probably has more fans than Echo.

That said, I didn't have a problem with the show being Woke. I had a problem with it being poorly written, paced and acted(with the obvious exception of D'Onofrio of course).

My kids dance Pow Wow and compete so they were really stoked to see it on the show in Marvel because at the end of the day, we do love Marvel . . .

All i care about is a good story. I felt the shows story was weak. The fight choreography was aweful. As much as I love to see my fellow Natives in media, i still hate to see them all portrayed the same considering there are so many different tribes, beliefs and traditions . . .i forget the exaxt words, but John Trudell once compared Hollywoods portrayal of Natives as no more than the T&A in a product they are selling..so thats always been my metric of how i watch.

If the actress wasn't Native American, deaf and an amputee, the series probably wouldn't have been made. In the comics, Echo is a B-lister at best. We're not talking about the kind of fan base that Spider-Man, Daredevil or Punisher have. Hell, the Kingpin probably has more fans than Echo.

That said, I didn't have a problem with the show being Woke. I had a problem with it being poorly written, paced and acted(with the obvious exception of D'Onofrio of course).
As far as wokeness goes this wasn't the worst wokeness Disney has done by a good margin actually I think they toned the woke down in this (granted not saying much as it's Disney an messaging is #1 over entertainment now) .

Biggest issue is the annoying audio or lack of and all sign language and subs which really got annoying when story slowed.

Kingpin and Green are the highlights of series as Vinny nails it everytime 100. .

As far as wokeness goes this wasn't the worst wokeness Disney has done by a good margin actually I think they toned the woke down in this (granted not saying much as it's Disney an messaging is #1 over entertainment now) .

Biggest issue is the annoying audio or lack of and all sign language and subs which really got annoying when story slowed.

Kingpin and Green are the highlights of series as Vinny nails it everytime 100. .

As I said up-thread, at least they didn't go Full Retard and have Echo physically beat Kingpin. Apart from being fucking stupid - he outweighs her by something like 200 pounds of muscle - it would have ruined Fisk as the Big Bad for the street-level heroes in later shows/movies.

What the hell was up with the editing in Episode 1? Like 2-3rds through the episode it jumps to hawkeye, then shes randomly in front of kingpin? It was the most jarring and poorly edited thing I have seen in a professional production. I thought I fell asleep and missed 5 minutes but nope.

In the comics, Echo is a B-lister at best.

D-lister at best.

Besides that 6-issue arc she had in '99-'00, and later being in the New Avengers, she's not even had her own series that was cancelled after a few issues because it didn't sell.

And I say that as someone that views her as not even getting her due respect & reaching her full potential within the Daredevil/street-level universe.

D-lister at best.

Besides that 6-issue arc she had in '99-'00, and later being in the New Avengers, she's not even had her own series that was cancelled after a few issues because it didn't sell.

And I say that as someone that views her as not even getting her due respect & reaching her full potential within the Daredevil/street-level universe.

Yeah, I was being generous.

Back