• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

earthquake in SoCal

7.1 is beast. Not going to fuck shit up too bad but some damage is to be expected.

The 7.1 was legit as fuck. Rocked my whole patrol car. Lasted like 30 or 40 seconds.

Waiting for the big one...

s6yNmMlxSg6iUTtAqyDPGOZTSAI.jpg

Now my sister in law is freaking out because another one is predicted in Kern county within the next 15 minutes. Scary shit. Hopefully, it doesn't do too much damage. Of course, it'll mean big money to her husband because he's a contractor in Bakersfield. Of course, the money won't help if his own house is flattened. <Eek2.0>

They live in Bakersfield? Maybe an earthquake isn't their biggest problem in life?

Which means the Northridge quake was twice as big.
the northridge earthquake is definitely the biggest most damaging earthquake I have seen in my lifetime it was pure destruction everywhere and I was like maybe 30-40 miles away.

the northridge earthquake is definitely the biggest most damaging earthquake I have seen in my lifetime it was pure destruction everywhere and I was like maybe 30-40 miles away.

The Richter scale is logarithmic so an earthquake that is "0.3 more" means it had twice the amplitude.

And yes - Northridge quake was pretty bad.

ring of fire bro

get out while you can

Back