earthquake in SoCal

They live in Bakersfield? Maybe an earthquake isn't their biggest problem in life?

<45>
My wife so agrees with you! She hates going to Bakersfield to visit her sister because she says there's nothing there but "meth, teen pregnancy & bath salts". LOL.

<45>
My wife so agrees with you! She hates going to Bakersfield to visit her sister because she says there's nothing there but "meth, teen pregnancy & bath salts". LOL.
tenor.gif

7.1 is beast. Not going to fuck shit up too bad but some damage is to be expected.
At least the fault line goes through the middle of the state until it gets near the Bay area. I'd only really be concerned if I lived around there. Well maybe the central valley too.

I'm ready for lucky #3.

I predict the next big one is gonna happen today
giphy.gif

At least the fault line goes through the middle of the state until it gets near the Bay area. I'd only really be concerned if I lived around there. Well maybe the central valley too.
they actually closed a hospital here because it was on a dangerous fault line it wiuld have been destroyed in an earthquake.

Ya know this earthquake made me remember theres a fault line on the east coast. New Madrid fault line (why in the fuck is it called new madrid?). That was the reason for the earthquake of 1812. That rabbithole led me down to comet's, prophecies, and Tecumeseh, but I won't get into all that.

It's 90 something degrees in alaska, and apparently the water levels are rising.
Looks like its getting close to that time.

San Andreas needs to get on with it. I'm dying to see CA deal with some Old Testament style God of Israel shenanigans.

Jesus, please judge this cesspool.

Ya know this earthquake made me remember theres a fault line on the east coast. New Madrid fault line (why in the fuck is it called new madrid?). That was the reason for the earthquake of 1812. That rabbithole led me down to comet's, prophecies, and Tecumeseh, but I won't get into all that.

It's 90 something degrees in alaska, and apparently the water levels are rising.
90 isn't all that uncommon inland Alaska. I think it hit 99 in Fairbanks 100 years ago.

90 isn't all that uncommon inland Alaska. I think it hit 99 in Fairbanks 100 years ago.

Oh I wouldn't know tbh. Was walking past and heard it on the tv and was like Dayum.

I would honestly rather deal with the San Andreas fault than the Pacific North West that has to deal with the CASCADIAN fault/Subdiction zones. Subduction zones are scary. There's even a Volcano near Seattle overdue i think. The one up there will be just as brutal or more than the Big one for the San Andreas fault.

I would honestly rather deal with the San Andreas fault than the Pacific North West that has to deal with the CASCADIAN fault/Subdiction zones. Subduction zones are scary. There's even a Volcano near Seattle overdue i think. The one up there will be just as brutal or more than the Big one for the San Andreas fault.

You talking about Yellowstone?
yea if that thing goes off, we're all done.

That east coast fault line is no joke though. When it went off in 1812 apparently aftershocks happened for quite some time after the initial quake throughout the year.

The New Madrid fault isn't on the East Coast. It's near the Mississippi river in central US. It was called the New Madrid fault because the earthquake destroyed the town of New Madrid which was in what is now Missouri. It's close to Memphis Tennessee. They were estimated to be between 7 and 8 magnitude and caused the Mississippi to flow North and change it's course.

Back