Early UFC 182 ppv buys with source

See this could have been a really good launching pad for 2015. Unfortunately those 750,000 purchasers tuned in to watch 4 seriously lacklustre fights before watching the main (which admittedly was very entertaining).

They could have a hooked a shedload of casuals if they'd put on four potential barnburners but it seems the UFC would rather use them to headline other cards with a load of no-names underneath.

I think UFC 178 underperforming in buys might have played into it. That main card was a wet dream on paper but then the main event became Cariaso/MM and it only pulled 200k buys.

It's a shame they don't learn their lesson. They had to cancel UFC 176 last year and if UFC 182 had lost its main event then it couldn't have gone on with Jury/Cerrone.

This again shows how pompous and borderline ridiculous Luke Thomas is. He makes these absolute statements and ridicules anyone who would even think about disagreeing with him. Then it turns out he is wrong. This guy needs to come down to earth. He is not the CEO of the UFC, he is an opinionist (In this case stating that anyone thinking of PPV numbers above 700.000 had to be dreaming).

He is one pompous guy. He'll act like he's being humble sometimes but he comes across ass phony . I guess we were all dreaming Luke!

I think UFC 178 underperforming in buys might have played into it. That main card was a wet dream on paper but then the main event became Cariaso/MM and it only pulled 200k buys.

It's a shame they don't learn their lesson. They had to cancel UFC 176 last year and if UFC 182 had lost its main event then it couldn't have gone on with Jury/Cerrone.

UFC 178 was one of the best ppvs of the year.

Crazy it only pull that many buys.

Couldn't agree more. I've never been part of the 'diluted cards' side as I like watching MMA as much as possible, but I'm definitely leaning that way now.

I don't see why the UFC can't just pull back, cut 20% of the shows (fight nights and particularly non-ppv brazil cards), separate the wheat from the chaff and send the bottom chunk of every division to WSOF or whatever and have much better quality cards that surely will increase viewership?

Other than a couple of notable exceptions, there haven't been many events in 2014 that made me feel it was worth staying up until 6am for (but I have done each and every time)

Dana white said 750k before the fight too. Even if the fight got 1 buy, he's still gonna say over 750k

I bought this one on my laptop.

Problem is, my internet here isn't the greatest...which meant that I pretty much didn't see Lombard/Burkman due to too much freezing, and the same happened for portions of Gaudinot/Horiguchi. Luckily, it evened out for the final 3 fights and stayed decent but for $50, I can't be arsed with that next time.

I know it isn't the UFC's fault that my internet is the way it is, but it's also not worth $50 when you end up seeing the first 2-3 fights in stop-start fashion.

I'll just have to be more patient next time and wait a day or so til I can get a torrent.

I bought this one on my laptop.

Problem is, my internet here isn't the greatest...which meant that I pretty much didn't see Lombard/Burkman due to too much freezing, and the same happened for portions of Gaudinot/Horiguchi. Luckily, it evened out for the final 3 fights and stayed decent but for $50, I can't be arsed with that next time.

I know it isn't the UFC's fault that my internet is the way it is, but it's also not worth $50 when you end up seeing the first 2-3 fights in stop-start fashion.

I'll just have to be more patient next time and wait a day or so til I can get a torrent.

You were trying to watch in China I take it? Do they not have TV deals to show the PPVs? I know when I go to Cambodia I never have any issues finding the PPVs and big FOX shows live on TV.

I have been saying it a lot but if you think Dana predicted 750k with any threat of it coming back less so that fans and media could jump on it? Your crazy. He knew what it was looking like and called that number out because he knew it would top that and when it did? Boom the PPV did better then expected as well.

Was a smart move, will end up higher then that for sure.

Crazy to think what it may have done with Rousey and Zingano still on the card.

All 5 main card fights went to decision. Lombard, who everyone is scared to fight, couldn't finish a journeyman in Burkman. Cerrone severely out-classed Jury but couldn't finish him. The FLW fight was bound to go to decision. Tavares couldn't finish Marquardt who was KO'd twice in his previous 3 fights. And Jones couldn't finish a guy who he had a 5 inch height and 12 inch reach advantage over, opting instead to hold him against the cage for extended amounts of time. $60 well spent for a lot of suckers.

I enjoyed the card so yea..

7LxyeF8.gif

If it pans out to be on point, then Dana was right on the money. He predicted 750k buys.

This again shows how pompous and borderline ridiculous Luke Thomas is. He makes these absolute statements and ridicules anyone who would even think about disagreeing with him. Then it turns out he is wrong. This guy needs to come down to earth. He is not the CEO of the UFC, he is an opinionist (In this case stating that anyone thinking of PPV numbers above 700.000 had to be dreaming).

Agreed. His tendency to speak in a southern accent when mocking those who differ from him is ridiculous. And I'm British.

Back