Early UFC 182 ppv buys with source

This again shows how pompous and borderline ridiculous Luke Thomas is. He makes these absolute statements and ridicules anyone who would even think about disagreeing with him. Then it turns out he is wrong. This guy needs to come down to earth. He is not the CEO of the UFC, he is an opinionist (In this case stating that anyone thinking of PPV numbers above 700.000 had to be dreaming).

More than I expected. Expected about 600k.

Excellent for today. Remember that even Floyd won't do million unless he fights Pac Man.

That's not bad at all. Jones is a big draw, believe it or not. Even my friends who don't watch MMA were all telling me how Jones is the best and that DC got what he deserved because he was talking so much trash hehe.

Well Dana himself said it was over 750k at the post fight presser.

website traffic was equivalent of a 750K PPV does not mean sorces for ppv numbers

This was the biggest fight of the last two years and still couldn't break a million.

Well a year ago Silva-Weidman with a little help from co-main did break a million. Diaz-GSP isn't that long ago and it did even better.

You pulled a 750K estimate from that tweet? Web traffic counts Fightpass and ufc.com general access, or just to the PPV stream?

Take the tweet for what it is worth. Maybe it's accurate maybe it isn't? We'll know in a month or so.

That's a lot of disappointed people wishing they never spent 60$

Dana suggested that it's looking to do over 750k at the post fight press conference.

He doesn't usually speak on PPV buy estimates himself.

This was the biggest fight of the last two years and still couldn't break a million.

It also had a pretty weak undercard. This isnt boxing, people dont buy ppvs for a single fight

You pulled a 750K estimate from that tweet? Web traffic counts Fightpass and ufc.com general access, or just to the PPV stream?

Maybe they've found correlations between the amount of web traffic and the amount of PPV buys and can estimate buys based on traffic? That was how I read it at least

That's a lot of disappointed people wishing they never spent 60$

All 5 main card fights went to decision. Lombard, who everyone is scared to fight, couldn't finish a journeyman in Burkman. Cerrone severely out-classed Jury but couldn't finish him. The FLW fight was bound to go to decision. Tavares couldn't finish Marquardt who was KO'd twice in his previous 3 fights. And Jones couldn't finish a guy who he had a 5 inch height and 12 inch reach advantage over, opting instead to hold him against the cage for extended amounts of time. $60 well spent for a lot of suckers.

Maybe they've found correlations between the amount of web traffic and the amount of PPV buys and can estimate buys based on traffic? That was how I read it at least

Maybe. Or maybe they have it in their own best interests to inflate UFC numbers to appease DFW and/or keep MMA "growing" when everything points to its decline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackagainBert
Back