Early UFC 182 ppv buys with source

Fake as they come.

"I'm sure when I beat him he won't like me too much," Jones said of Cormier. "I could see me and Daniel having a respectful relationship after the bout. Our problems ... they really aren't that personal. They're actually kind of silly. After you fight a guy you definitely develop a certain amount of respect for him and bond with him. So yea, I could see us not having problems after this fight."

Morning Report: Jon Jones hopeful for 'a respectful relationship' with Daniel Cormier after he beats him at UFC 182

Omgzzz so fake, and I'm not even a Jones fan :icon_lol:

That's not bad at all. Jones is a big draw, believe it or not. Even my friends who don't watch MMA were all telling me how Jones is the best and that DC got what he deserved because he was talking so much trash hehe.

So just because your friends know about him we're supposed to disregard that Jones actually doesn't draw good numbers and instead think of him as a draw?

Jones should be able to draw GSP and Anderson numbers, yet he is in the 300k-400k range when he isn't facing anyone special (like Sonnen, who always brings fight hype).

So that's why Jones kept talking about that he dislikes DC so much he can't be "classy" after the fight, saying that he hopes he's crying somewhere, etc?

Just because he said he was hopeful the bad blood would between them would cool down a bit after they fought doesn't mean that it was going to automatically happen, The quote is from a few weeks before the fight a lot can happen and be said between two guys that dislike each other in a couple of weeks. Jon also seems to be pretty emotional about the two punches DC threw at the bell.

Omg guyz! Teh ufc iz dying!

i wouldn't say the ufc is dying, but i wouldn't say it is thriving either .. they couldn't sell out the stadium for this and it has been the biggest fight in years ... you think dana (i don't do freakshows!) grasping at straws signing cm punk is a sign of this? i don't pretend to know what its going to take for the ufc to start selling again, but its gonna be more than cm punk and this one card ...

Just because he said he was hopeful the bad blood would between them would cool down a bit after they fought doesn't mean that it was going to automatically happen, The quote is from a few weeks before the fight a lot can happen and be said between two guys that dislike each other in a couple of weeks. Jon also seems to be pretty emotional about the two punches DC threw at the bell.

If you hope to be friends with someone you don't say things like that. And if he was emotional just after the fight he had time to get his thoughts together before he was interviewed later on, but he kept on disrespecting DC.

If he changed his mind between the comment you posted and the fight you posting that quote is pointless to begin with. You tried to make some form of point to say that he isn't fake, meaning that you say that he acts in a clear and coherent way, but that obviously wasn't the case here so regardless of the reason for it your evidence didn't work.

See this could have been a really good launching pad for 2015. Unfortunately those 750,000 purchasers tuned in to watch 4 seriously lacklustre fights before watching the main (which admittedly was very entertaining).

They could have a hooked a shedload of casuals if they'd put on four potential barnburners but it seems the UFC would rather use them to headline other cards with a load of no-names underneath.
They've had huge selling cards before that also included extremely entertaining fights and it didn't hook anyone into being a consistent PPV buyer. There's also enough MMA on free TV by now that these people have had plenty of opportunity to get hooked, and they just aren't.

The casuals will buy the huge PPV's that everyone is talking about so they can look cool and say they saw/talk about the fight, and they'll continue to ignore the non-huge cards. History has proven that good or bad fights on the PPV they bought are not really going to change that.

If you hope to be friends with someone you don't say things like that. And if he was emotional just after the fight he had time to get his thoughts together before he was interviewed later on, but he kept on disrespecting DC.

If he changed his mind between the comment you posted and the fight you posting that quote is pointless to begin with. You tried to make some form of point to say that he isn't fake, meaning that you say that he acts in a clear and coherent way, but that obviously wasn't the case here so regardless of the reason for it your evidence didn't work.

That gesture he gives after the fight won't help either. Like we've been saying, Jones says one thing and does another. Fake and hypocritical.

Dana said in the post-fight press conference that the sales were way over his estimate of 750k.

Respectful relationship =/= Friends

I never tried to claim he is or isn't fake lol. My point was that quote imo is not an example of Jon being "fake"

Respectful relationship =/= Friends

I never tried to claim he is or isn't fake lol. My point was that quote imo is not an example of Jon being "fake"

I just happened to write "friends" without thinking much of it, but the difference between the two is irrelevant when it comes to the point. Jones kept disrespecting DC, and that's directly working against achieving any of those two relationships.

How is it an example of him not being fake? For it to be an example of that we need to have evidence of that this is what he really feels and isn't a nice thing that he says in an interview. The only evidence we have of things regarding this is his behavior after the fight, which has been the opposite, so if anything it seems more like evidence of him again acting two-faced (doesn't have to be as something could have changed, but if it's any of the two it's that).

That's not a source, just google/twitter trends speculation.

I just happened to write "friends" without thinking much of it, but the difference between the two is irrelevant when it comes to the point. Jones kept disrespecting DC, and that's directly working against achieving any of those two relationships.

How is it an example of him not being fake? For it to be an example of that we need to have evidence of that this is what he really feels and isn't a nice thing that he says in an interview. The only evidence we have of things regarding this is his behavior after the fight, which has been the opposite, so if anything it seems more like evidence of him again acting two-faced (doesn't have to be as something could have changed, but if it's any of the two it's that).

Because shit really is't as simple as you're trying to portray it lol. They had the brawl, then they cooled down a bit for about a month and were respectful towards one another for a little bit, they even had a few moment during press obligations in which they shared a couple of laughs which is around the time the quote I replied to was. Then it escalated again and they almost got into a few altercations in the days leading up to the fight.

Like I said I've pointed out times Jones has been hypocritical in the past

When Form Athletics went down pretty much every company in the business was looking for an opportunity to work with me, and I was really honored just to be wanted like that. I thought it was really awesome, it was a real honor. We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I

that is pretty fucking good considering how horrible the numbers have been lately

Because shit really is't as simple as you're trying to portray it lol. They had the brawl, then they cooled down a bit for about a month and were respectful towards one another for a little bit, they even had a few moment during press obligations in which they shared a couple of laughs which is around the time the quote I replied to was. Then it escalated again and they almost got into a few altercations in the days leading up to the fight.

Like I said I've pointed out times Jones has been hypocritical in the past

I just don't think this a an example of him being hypocritical or fake

But my point wasn't to say that it's him being fake (as I said there are possible reasons why he could have changed his mind since), I was asking how you can say that it is an example of him not being it? In order for it to be an example of that you need to be able to show that he was honest when he said that. The problem there is that we've never seen him be very respectful to DC though (other than in some interviews, but the whole fake point is about him putting on an act publicly). Even from the accounting of their first meeting Jones was being cocky, saying that he could take him down 9 times out of 10 (what Jones claimed he said to DC).

I just don't see anything that supports that he was any more honest there than he was in the interview that preceded the "hey pussy" thing that went live, and in order for the quote to be seen as proof there needs to be support for that.

Well many of us said 700k so its close

If this fight stayed on original card that was loaded and just few weeks after brawl that would hit 1 million buys

Hype is a huge thing to casuals, say what you want but people who don't watch MMA on weekly bases needs hype and trash talking.

Now the problem is that PPV card sucked big time and many of those casuals will stay away from PPV for a long time.

But my point wasn't to say that it's him being fake (as I said there are possible reasons why he could have changed his mind since), I was asking how you can say that it is an example of him not being it? In order for it to be an example of that you need to be able to show that he was honest when he said that. The problem there is that we've never seen him be very respectful to DC though (other than in some interviews, but the whole fake point is about him putting on an act publicly). Even from the accounting of their first meeting Jones was being cocky, saying that he could take him down 9 times out of 10 (what Jones claimed he said to DC).

I just don't see anything that supports that he was any more honest there than he was in the interview that preceded the "hey pussy" thing that went live, and in order for the quote to be seen as proof there needs to be support for that.

Can you point out when I said that was an Example of anything?

So adding the live gate, UFC take was 26 million plus assorted monies for sponsorship and merchandise.

Back