Du Plessis is far too sloppy for Whittaker

Not really, not always. I was not rooting for cannonier or vettori really. I actually really like Dricus and I think Dricus vs isreal would be a fun fight but would FOR SURE end in a finish like all dricus fights basically do. Dricus has not really had a dull fight in a quite a while and has not already lost to izzy twice already. I'd root for DDP against LITERALLY anyone.
That's understandable brother, DDP is fun as hell no matter what and I think he's an interesting addition to the top ten at middleweight.
I also like DDP, but I'm still rooting for Whittaker tho.

For the matchmaking here, the most solid reasons I have for them not making Izzy/DDP right away is Izzy is still dealing with the MCL injury and they want to save him as the headliner for the Sydney card in fall.
DDP's last fight was on the prelims and didn't get too much attention even if it was entertaining so perhaps they're thinking putting him and Whittaker on the UFC 290 for the main card to help sell the next challenger. To add on, it keeps both of them active, winner is guaranteed a title shot and will be able to drop a promo on the mic afterwards calling out Izzy.

That's understandable brother, DDP is fun as hell no matter what and I think he's an interesting addition to the top ten at middleweight.
I also like DDP, but I'm still rooting for Whittaker tho.

For the matchmaking here, the most solid reasons I have for them not making Izzy/DDP right away is Izzy is still dealing with the MCL injury and they want to save him as the headliner for the Sydney card in fall.
DDP's last fight was on the prelims and didn't get too much attention even if it was entertaining so perhaps they're thinking putting him and Whittaker on the UFC 290 for the main card to help sell the next challenger. To add on, it keeps both of them active, winner is guaranteed a title shot and will be able to drop a promo on the mic afterwards calling out Izzy.

Looking forward to it also. I think It's better in a way for dricus. If he can beat whittaker, He'll be taken considerably more serious as a contender. Not that he shouldn't be already, Because I'm in full agreement that they should do dricus vs Isreal now. but MCL, Like you said could be true. I also thought they may make Izzy vs hill for august, sinice nothing has been announced.

by the way I think this being 3 rounds is probably better for dricus as he wont need to pace himself as much. Could even be a close fight where 2 rounds are close and we see a split. In my mind totally in the realm of possibillity. Could go just like O'malley vs Yan. that's the best chance i could give dricus

Whittaker eats this guy for breakfast man, I’m surprised how many people actually think he has a good chance. Whittaker is just a whole new kettle of fish. I feel this guys style is perfectly fitting for a classic Reaper show.

Du Plessis has got to where he is and props to him for that but I do think there’s some matchmaking luck involved. He looked slow and sluggish getting pieced up by an equally slow and sluggish Brunson in his worst performance in a while and a RNC against Darren Till at the end of 2022 also isn’t as big of a deal as it would’ve been 5 years ago. Whittaker is gonna absolutely bully this guy.
Spot on.
Unfortunately, he's this generation's Rich Franklin.

Whittaker should absolutely destroy DDP but I’m scared DDP will lose for the entire fight and then pull a random KO out of his ass like every single one of his wins.

Leaving Whittaker with nothing but holding a #1 spot for years.

People are really sleeping on DDP, dudes tough as nails and pushes a great pace. Huge fan of Bobby Knuckles but to count out Dricus is a mistake.

The real African will reign supreme!
I'm glad we now have real African fighters in the UFC according to DDP. In DDP's eyes, real African fighters are.......
Cameron_Saaiman.jpg

licensed-image

Interesting take if you ask me.
https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...man-for-not-being-true-to-their-home-country/

Back