drinking beer

I've been sticking with guinness.

Urban said:
Sonny you're a bass player?

Yep, for a long time! Self taught though so don't ask me any theory questions! :D

I'm quite the dancer after a couple of beers!!

Urban said:
I've been sticking with guinness.

I drink Tennent's from Scotland and mexican shit like Sol or Corona!

another benefit discovered today! Increased confidence. Yup. this study is convincing me that beer is a wonderdrug.

Urban said:
another benefit discovered today! Increased confidence. Yup. this study is convincing me that beer is a wonderdrug.

with all these studies, it sounds like you do a whole lot more than moderate drinking.

Tonight I splurged and had more than my daily supplement of beer, to find my second side effect: I'm exhausted.

Urban said:
Tonight I splurged and had more than my daily supplement of beer, to find my second side effect: I'm exhausted.

I had my usual friday dose of Heineken last night. Probably gonna hoist a few this afternoon!

Just drink the beer and more of it. 2 beers a week is nothing and will have no affect other than dissapointment... or you can substitute red wine and have 1 to 2 a day and you will be even healthier. Alcohol is very healthy in moderation and cosumed regularly. I have about 2 drinks most days of the week. The best time to have it is before and during a meal. The evidence supporting moderate drinking is just about irrefutable now... but does have calories, but red wine has much less :)

hmm.. i just calculated supplementing 2 beers a day will cost $2.67 per day when buying the average $8 six-pack.. $80 a month and $973.33 a year.. and this is per person!

this is by far the most expensive single most widely used dietary supplement the world has ever seen!

Send an email to Sakuraba and check with him. He might know a thing or two. ;)

supersudo said:
hmm.. i just calculated supplementing 2 beers a day will cost $2.67 per day when buying the average $8 six-pack.. $80 a month and $973.33 a year.. and this is per person!

this is by far the most expensive single most widely used dietary supplement the world has ever seen!

Yes, but you cannot put a price on increased sex appeal!!

and dancing lessons can set you back just as much.

Urban said:
and dancing lessons can set you back just as much.

true.. but dancing lessons would only take a few months to learn.. while alcohol can set u back for life!

but anyway.. i'ma start supplementing 1 beer a day with maybe some days inbetween of not supplementing to save $$..

o yeh.. and maybe a few more when in need of extra sex appeal :wink:

Now, here comes a real question. A few of the people on the two beer a day plan tend to supplement a bit more on the weekends. Now, at first glance one might assume that it would be better to abstain from alcohol a bit more during the week to allow for recovery, but I don't know if thats best.

By extrapolating advice from a Mr. Louie Simmons I may have the key to oversupplementation on weekends (and the occasional weekday) and how to moderate your supplementation during the week. I think the concepts of extra workouts and active recovery are the solution.

During the week stick to your one or two beer routines to bring in a little extra blood flow to the liver, and keep a low level of sex appeal along with keeping those dancing moves sharp. What do you guys think?

Powerlifters do not do light work every weekday, or go real heavy on weekends and not lift during the week. Why should we drink that way?

beermug0yr.jpg

as we say over here "TIT HE" (cheers)

Tkdmmafighter said:
Mick-is there any way i CAN grow a vagina? b/s changing my name to eastman and gettin elbowed?

It was a knee and your av blows

Rjkd12 said:
Now, here comes a real question. A few of the people on the two beer a day plan tend to supplement a bit more on the weekends. Now, at first glance one might assume that it would be better to abstain from alcohol a bit more during the week to allow for recovery, but I don't know if thats best.

By extrapolating advice from a Mr. Louie Simmons I may have the key to oversupplementation on weekends (and the occasional weekday) and how to moderate your supplementation during the week. I think the concepts of extra workouts and active recovery are the solution.

During the week stick to your one or two beer routines to bring in a little extra blood flow to the liver, and keep a low level of sex appeal along with keeping those dancing moves sharp. What do you guys think?

Powerlifters do not do light work every weekday, or go real heavy on weekends and not lift during the week. Why should we drink that way?

HAHAHAHA!! Good shit!

Rjkd12 said:

Now, this really depends on your goals. If you are only supplementing your diet for health benefits, then yeah, two beers a day is the way to go (much like doing tabata's with a different exercise every day to put in a minimal amount of work for fitness). However, if your goal is to be able to drink a shitload more (max effort), then you have a good point... assuming the liver behaves like a muscle and the CNS is or was previously inhibited in some way to keep from fully capitalizing on your liver use.

Since the liver neither behaves like a muscle, and is not controlled by voluntary contraction or action, and that a different nervous system controls it (autonomous nervous system) I have my doubts that ME, DE, and rep days can be used to condition it to handle more alchohol. IMO, priming it throughout the week with submaximal loads and then an "event" day at the end of the week may be the best way to go.

All I know is the liver looks like a muscle. Maybe no striations, but it is a brownish reddish thingy that bleeds when you cut it. If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck.......

Back