drinking beer

Sonny said:
I drink mostly imported shit! I like to drink a lot but I have a pretty low tolerance, I usually puke every time I drink. I'm a cheap date!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

hey.. just found this on yahoo news.. and thought of this thread.. here's a tidbit:

Researchers in India found that men being treated for alcoholism had lower testosterone levels and more sperm abnormalities than non-drinkers did. They also had a far higher rate of erectile dysfunction (ED) - 71 percent, versus 7 percent of abstainers. [...]

Also, it's known that alcoholic men can develop signs of low testosterone, including shrunken testicles and enlarged breasts

:eek:

source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051027/hl_nm/heavy_drinking_harm_male_hormones_sperm_dc

Good thing 2 drinks per night doesn't mean I'm an alchoholic, or that would concern me. you guys are kinda being pussies about this whole drinking thing...

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about this.....You should drink Guiness for strength :D

If 2 beers a week puts you behind the guy on the other side of the ring; I'M PHUCKED!

Urban said:
Good thing 2 drinks per night doesn't mean I'm an alchoholic, or that would concern me. you guys are kinda being pussies about this whole drinking thing...

just posting recent informative news.. .. i'm still drinkin my semi-daily beer (to save $$ :wink: )

Cool, ive been still drinking my 2 beers with my old man at the local pub on friday afternoon... ahhhhh that nice cold taste of VB really goes down well :) HAIL THE BEER GODS, could there ever be a better drink !!!

Had my usual friday dose last night. My head is killing me this morning.

sonny, you know what you did there didn't you

Overtraining

but more likely you over reached that weekend. I'd suggest mixing it up a bit to keep your body guessing (well, your a cheap date, so mix those drinks and really let rip)

Did they check penis size of those men before drinking beer? I"m pretty sure if I had a very tiny dick with little testosterone I'd become an alcoholic.

Sonny, just wake up, grab a beer and do some active recovery first thing. Then drink some water and eat some greasy foods post workout and you'll be fine.

To be honest, I find drinking a few glasses of water and taking a b complex does a lot. I always used to drink some water but since I started taking the b-vitamin I've been feeling A LOT better. Alcohol competes with (or inhibits) B-vitamins for absorbtion, so anybody that drinks should be taking them regardless of hangovers.

Rjkd12 said:
To be honest, I find drinking a few glasses of water and taking a b complex does a lot. I always used to drink some water but since I started taking the b-vitamin I've been feeling A LOT better. Alcohol competes with (or inhibits) B-vitamins for absorbtion, so anybody that drinks should be taking them regardless of hangovers.

Yeah, H2O and a b-complex works pretty good for me too. My problem is that I drink way too fast. If I rest longer between sets I'm fine.

Drank a bunch of these yesterday.

mickeysmaltliquor1.jpg

I'm not on this dumbass low carb shit any more! Back to the two beer per day supplementing!

on a side note, anyone think that any old alchohol will have the same health benefits? Like if I switched from two beers to two shots of tequila (assuming they had the same alchohol content), or something. any thoughts? Cause, i'm good at drinking beer and I suck at hard liquor and I'd like to get better.

Urban said:
I'm not on this dumbass low carb shit any more! Back to the two beer per day supplementing!

on a side note, anyone think that any old alchohol will have the same health benefits? Like if I switched from two beers to two shots of tequila (assuming they had the same alchohol content), or something. any thoughts? Cause, i'm good at drinking beer and I suck at hard liquor and I'd like to get better.

all the stuff i've read about benefits of beer come from all the stuff in the beer besides the alcohol.. like what it's made out of, etc etc same thing with wine.. so IMO i don't think supplementing shots would do any good..

Wine is best, but many think you could eat a few grapes and take a shot of vodka and get the exact same effects. Beer is good because of the other ingredients also, not just the alcohol. There are some health benifits of only pure ethanol though. I would assume that you would still get benifits, just not as much.

I tried drinking wine for a while instead of beer but it just felt too femmy to me.

Back