• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dricus Du Plessis Says He Wants THESE 3 Fights Next - Including Moving Up For LHW Belt

Double Champ, with cheese
58t9lv.jpg

Sure, but DDP should have to earn it first, maybe against Jiri?

He has a lot of work at mw before he even thinks about moving up so tired of champions w zero to one defenses talking about moving up

If he beats Whittaker, Strickland, Izzy, and Khamzat in succession, then I'd be ok with him getting a champ-champ fight. It would be a great run.

That being said, I suspect Izzy will beat him, so the point might be moot.

Most champions aren’t even likable these days. But the way most people in here gravitate to these nouveau champ clowns. And the Team Eagle fighters. They all think they’re supposed to act like complete entitled assholes 24/7.

Dana needs to make a rule.

3 title defenses minimum before you even MENTION double champ, or you get stripped.

Guys out here who haven’t even defended the belt are already planning their double champ attempt..

Someone has to show Dricus how it went for Weidman at lhw. Btw Prime Weidman > current Dricus

That wasn't prime Weidman though. Journeymen like Smith and Santos were able to move up and challenge for a title.

I have no issues. He isn’t picking easy fights.

Hoping for every champion that talks about being double champ to get KOed in their next fight.

Enough of this shit.

How is this guy champion. Shows how far the depth of talent has fallen in the UFC. Darren till was even working him

I agree with all his choices and would add a rematch with Strickland.

This might be the first time I'm rooting for Izzy.

Can't stand africans.

- Israel Adesanya
- Khamzat Chimaev
- Then Go For Double Champ At LHW strap
Thoughts?

Gotta love Dricus du Plessis man.

He is such a breath of fresh air in my view. Different style from most other fighters, and he is a very honest man.

With the amount him and Khamzat fight that will be achieved sometime around 2030

He got out grappled by Brunson in the first round in one of the ugliest ranked fights I've seen. Next fight he Hits a head and arm throw and now everyone thinks he is a grappling god. I will be surprised if he beats either.

That being said this division is impossible to predict..

Really? You still see Khamzat as a boogieman despite his inability to finish welterweight Usman who rolled off the couch with no training camp?

I watched that fight randomly at the bar with a dude who had specifically come to watch his hero Khamzat. By the end of that fight he looked like all the life had drained out of him as he realised he had been sold a bunch of wolf tickets.

At least he could accept the bitter reality.

Back