• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Dricus Du Plessis Says He Wants THESE 3 Fights Next - Including Moving Up For LHW Belt

Ehh let's see him get 3 title defenses before he gets a crack at the LHW belt, 2 isn't enough IMO.
I'd say that's the minimum as well to move up, but who?
Brendan Allen had a razor close performance that he could've lost last time out so he probably needs one more.
Jared Cannonier if he beats Imavov maybe, but there's no way that'd ever headline any PPV.

I suppose the winner of Strickland vs Costa would be the only one?

Delusional talk yet again from a recently crowned champ. Dricus gets mauled at LHW.

I don't really care to speculate on his chances to actually do this but if he beats Whittaker, Strickland, Israel, and Khamzat in a row I'd say he can do whatever he wants afterwards

I'd say that's the minimum as well to move up, but who?
Brendan Allen had a razor close performance that he could've lost last time out so he probably needs one more.
Jared Cannonier if he beats Imavov maybe, but there's no way that'd ever headline any PPV.

I suppose the winner of Strickland vs Costa would be the only one?

You're thinking way too far ahead lol. It's likely DDP vs Adesanya in August, then winner of that faces the winner of Whittaker vs Chimaev. Wouldn't try to line up any contenders past that, let's see how the rest of the year works out at middleweight and maybe there will be another clear contender by the fall / winter.

Really? You still see Khamzat as a boogieman despite his inability to finish welterweight Usman who rolled off the couch with no training camp?
Yes. I know he’s currently unpopular here. But his wrestling is Khabib-esq. I don’t see DDP being able to handle him there.

Save this post for future reference..

Boo double champ crap boo! I’d like to see champs setting the goal of having the most title defenses instead of this shortcut to greatness that double champ has turned into. You’ve got guys with 0 defenses talking about moving up, it’s ridiculous.

In a hypothetical scenario where he beats Whittaker, Strickland, Izzy, and Chimaev (coming off of a whittaker win) in a row, let him have whoever he wants. He can call out O'Malley for all I care. He'd have earned the right to make some demands.

Back