Dos Santos:Fans wants to see a rematch right now.

Who do you think would be closer to a title shot...

I personally see Alistair as the front runner, should he win.

The other guys would at least need another big win or two before a title shot.

I agree, after taking Lesnar out, Reem is definitely top of the pile, with DC right below him if he comes over from strikeforce on a win, but we know he wont fight Cain so thats a issue that needs to be adressed if Cain defends against Reem. I dont see Werdum getting past Cain, Reem, or JDS. BF Silva and Nog, shouldnt even be in this scenario.

Narrow minded POV

I don't see how. Nothing from their UFC 155 fight leads me to believe that JDS could beat Cain right now. Leading up to that fight and going off the first fight I knew Cain had more to offer than getting knocked out in a minute.

I want to see a rematch, but I don't think he should get a rematch right now. I think with a win or 2 he should get a rematch. The thing is that he's already beat most of the top ranked heavyweights like Struve and Werdum and a rematch with them would be pointless too.

I'm a big fan of his, but he's wrong. I want to see him fight someone who can wrestle and isn't scared of him. Until he can beat that kind of fighter, he should stay away from the Cain rematch.

what does this even mean?

he KO'd Cain and beat several other wrestlers..

Fans of who?

If I was a fan of JDS I would want to see him win his next couple fights.

If I was a fan of Cain I would want to see him fight someone new, not JDS for the 3rd time in 4 fights.

I don't see how. Nothing from their UFC 155 fight leads me to believe that JDS could beat Cain right now. Leading up to that fight and going off the first fight I knew Cain had more to offer than getting knocked out in a minute.

You say "right now" as if a third fight isn't (at least) 18 months from RIGHT NOW

People were saying similar shit about how JDS was going to KO Cain again and win two more times and become the HW GOAT and blah blah blah blah blah

You guys often don't take reality into account when you blurt out the shit you blurt out.

I'm a big JDS fan, but he's wrong. Most people want to see 1-2 big wins before he comes back for the Cain rematch.

Also, as decisively as he got beaten he'll probably need more than a single training camp to fix the holes in his game. Had he gotten 1 minute KO'd as he did to Cain in their first fight there'd be more people clamoring for the insta-rematch. Not so given how the UFC 155 fight went down.

Get some wins big guy and then come back to claim your throne.

You say "right now" as if a third fight isn't (at least) 18 months from RIGHT NOW

People were saying similar shit about how JDS was going to KO Cain again and win two more times and become the HW GOAT and blah blah blah blah blah

You guys often don't take reality into account when you blurt out the shit you blurt out.

Did I miss something? Why wouldn't a third fight be within the next 18 months? Did one of those two get seriously injured or something?

Did I miss something? Why wouldn't a third fight be within the next 18 months? Did one of those two get seriously injured or something?

Why would it be sooner than that?

Not gonna happen, he dont deserve it yet, JDS needs to become the number 1 contender again if he wants a chance for the belt.

JDS fans want to see a rematch right now.

most of the rest of the mma world wants to see him fight his way back into contention.

Why would it be sooner than that?

It shouldn't/won't be, but, barring a severe injury, Cain will surely defend his title at least a couple times in the next 18 months.

JDS says "I think the fans would love to see this rematch right now... I know this rematch is going to happen. But if it happens as soon as possible, that's better."

That doesn't sound like he's talking 18 months down the road. I don't think many people would have a problem with him getting a shot in the summer of 2014 assuming he's won some fights leading up to it, but who really wants to see it "as soon as possible"?

JDS should have to do exactly what Cain did, win exactly one great fight.

I'm not really a fan of immediate rematches, but every time a fighter wins a fight against a really tough opponent who gets a quick rematch, I feel the guy who gave it is entitled to one of his own.

I suspect that holding the title represents a huge amount of revenue. It's all well and good for fans to say he should slowly earn his way back, but in reality, that time could mean many millions of dollars difference.

Cain is probably the toughest challenge for JDS at heavyweight. He lost to Junior, and then got a rematch two fights later. There is no reason at all that JDS shouldn't get exactly the same treatment, assuming he wins his next fight.

Ok. Go to the first post of this thread. Remind yourself that it is about JDS wanting an immediate rematch. At this point you should realize why I'm coming from where I'm coming from in regards to said immediate rematch.

But I wasn't. Ask me where my 1270 vCash came from.

I was one of the very few people who was arguing that Cain stood a chance against JDS, and I was regularly laughed out of threads for believing that. Don't tell me that I'M the one that doesn't take reality into account. Educate yourself before blurting out the shit you blurt out.

Cain's the better fighter. JDS has nothing for him right now. Pardon me for discussing the topic at hand while you'd rather paint your broad misinformed strokes.

I don't want to see it. Cain was coming off an injury and tentative in the first fight. Injuries will do that.

JDS should have to do exactly what Cain did, win exactly one great fight.

I'm not really a fan of immediate rematches, but every time a fighter wins a fight against a really tough opponent who gets a quick rematch, I feel the guy who gave it is entitled to one of his own.

I suspect that holding the title represents a huge amount of revenue. It's all well and good for fans to say he should slowly earn his way back, but in reality, that time could mean many millions of dollars difference.

Cain is probably the toughest challenge for JDS at heavyweight. He lost to Junior, and then got a rematch two fights later. There is no reason at all that JDS shouldn't get exactly the same treatment, assuming he wins his next fight.

For God's sake I'm sick of repeating this. But tell me who was a more viable option than Cain to fight JDS at UFC 155. I've asked it a million times in response to this "well Cain only had to win one fight so JDS should only have to win one" crying nonsense but not one single person has been able to provide an answer.

I dont. Actually, i dont know if i want to see him fight again in zombie mode again. 2nd round of the Lesnar fight kinda Carwin. Damn Cain for not chasing a sub.

I'm a big fan of his, but he's wrong. I want to see him fight someone who can wrestle and isn't scared of him. Until he can beat that kind of fighter, he should stay away from the Cain rematch.
You mean until he can beat someone like...Cain? How quick we are to forget that JDS destroyed Cain in their first fight. And Cain got the rematch after only one win.

You mean until he can beat someone like...Cain? How quick we are to forget that JDS destroyed Cain in their first fight. And Cain got the rematch after only one win.

Jesus. Tell me who was a more viable option than Cain to fight JDS at UFC 155.

Back