Dos Santos:Fans wants to see a rematch right now.

Can certainly admire his attitude in terms of wanting to get right back in there with Cain, but nothing about that performance merits an immediate rematch. Realistically he's looking at a minimum of two more fights.

Ok. Go to the first post of this thread. Remind yourself that it is about JDS wanting an immediate rematch. At this point you should realize why I'm coming from where I'm coming from in regards to said immediate rematch.

Sure, but that doesn't mean I can't impart another angle on the discussion. Especially when the point is valid.

But I wasn't.

Didn't say you were

I was one of the very few people who was arguing that Cain stood a chance against JDS, and I was regularly laughed out of threads for believing that. Don't tell me that I'M the one that doesn't take reality into account. Educate yourself before blurting out the shit you blurt out.

Right and to say JDS doesn't stand a chance in another fight is absurd.

I'm a big fan of his, but he's wrong. I want to see him fight someone who can wrestle and isn't scared of him. Until he can beat that kind of fighter, he should stay away from the Cain rematch.

Well in all honestly....Cains wrestling wasnt effective in that fight so much. He only got less the 30% of his takedowns.....Junior defended over 20 takedowns in that fight, and he couldnt keep him donw. It was the threat of the takedown and Cains striking that won it for him.

And he already proved he can beat Cain easy.

Last edited:
Can certainly admire his attitude in terms of wanting to get right back in there with Cain, but nothing about that performance merits an immediate rematch. Realistically he's looking at a minimum of two more fights.

Sure! But Cain gets blasted in 64 secs, gets knocked out and he gets a rematch within a year and one win.

In regards to what Junior said.....he shouldnt get a rematch now and it doesnt matter who wants to see it. Personally, I would love nothing more then to get revenge as a huge JDS fan. But to be realistic, he doesnt deserve it now. Cain had to win a fight before he got his rematch, so JDS would have to do the same.

Furthermore, if he's doing an interview and saying he's watched the fight 3 times and doesnt know why he didnt fight back and why he just defended.......he's gotta get back in there mentally. He has to be able to answer those questions before a rematch.

Its easy to want revenge and win your title back. But he has to understand why he lost and what he has to do to win. And there is more to it then just wanting it.

For God's sake I'm sick of repeating this. But tell me who was a more viable option than Cain to fight JDS at UFC 155. I've asked it a million times in response to this "well Cain only had to win one fight so JDS should only have to win one" crying nonsense but not one single person has been able to provide an answer.

Yeah, I've seen you post that same thing many times; it seems to be your mantra.

The answer is: It doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact Cain only had to fight once between rematches.

JDS shouldn't have to wait for the same mystical confluence to get the same treatment. He gave a really quick rematch to the one guy at heavyweight who seems to be a tough fight for him, he should get one in return. The guy who potentially walks away from this pairing with a string of fights against the rest of the field should be the one who is 2-1, not the guy who just tied the series.

It feels like the guys who are protesting this rematch in the loudest voices are the guys who think JDS takes the rubber match.

Sure! But Cain gets blasted in 64 secs, gets knocked out and he gets a rematch within a year and one win.

Puncher's chance against an injured fighter versus total domination. The last fight wasn't even close. I wanted Cain to win because JDS was talking way too arrogant going into this fight. But damn, I felt sorry for JDS. It wasn't close. Only thing that made be a bit happy for JDS was his big heart. But damn, I don't want to see that fight again anytime soon.

Anyway. He wanted to fight Reem right? He figured before the fight Bigfoot would win so he will get his fight. If not, he might meet up after Reem meets Cain (win or lose).

Anyway. What is up with JDS? Continuously talking about Overeem and now he lost to Cain he wants Cain again. Go fix yourself first dude. And as said before I have never seen a champion being dominated this hard. He needs at least 1 preferable two more fights before he can get a go at Cain again.

Sorry JDS, but nope. I bet only a small percentage of people want an immediate rematch and those are probably die hard JDS fans. He should get another win or 2 under him before attempting to get the title back. Cain just whooped his ass, I'm pretty sure it would go the same way unless he manages to land another big punch early before getting overwhelmed again.

Well I think the reasoning there (and Dana alluded to it) is getting caught (or losing a close decision as we saw a few times at 155) warrants a rematch sooner than getting thoroughly dominated for 25 minutes. Close decision is obvious, but even with getting caught, there's always the question of, well maybe this would've gone entirely differently if not for that one punch landing just right. No one has those questions after this fight. The only thing you could wonder is what if JDS landed a bomb in the perfect spot again. JDS didn't lose because of a split second where he got caught, he lost because he was completely outclassed for 25 minutes and had absolutely no answers. It takes time to earn a rematch after that.

I'm a big fan of his, but he's wrong. I want to see him fight someone who can wrestle and isn't scared of him. Until he can beat that kind of fighter, he should stay away from the Cain rematch.

I don't think Nelson or Carwin were scared of JDS. The problem is there isn't an elite enough opponent who fits that bill except possibly Cormier. Unless JDS fights Cormier, there's no way to test him for being worthy of a rematch. And even then, I wouldn't bet on Cormier being able to fight like Cain.

Yeah, I've seen you post that same thing many times; it seems to be your mantra.

The answer is: It doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact Cain only had to fight once between rematches.

JDS shouldn't have to wait for the same mystical confluence to get the same treatment. He gave a really quick rematch to the one guy at heavyweight who seems to be a tough fight for him, he should get one in return. The guy who potentially walks away from this pairing with a string of fights against the rest of the field should be the one who is 2-1, not the guy who just tied the series.

It feels like the guys who are protesting this rematch in the loudest voices are the guys who think JDS takes the rubber match.

Off course.....Cain fans know that they gotta away here. They know that all it takes is one bomb and its over. They know that Cain had 25 mins to put JDS away, probly on his worse night and performance and couldnt do it. They know that he's angry and motivated to beat Cain again.

Well I think the reasoning there (and Dana alluded to it) is getting caught (or losing a close decision as we saw a few times at 155) warrants a rematch sooner than getting thoroughly dominated for 25 minutes. Close decision is obvious, but even with getting caught, there's always the question of, well maybe this would've gone entirely differently if not for that one punch landing just right. No one has those questions after this fight. The only thing you could wonder is what if JDS landed a bomb in the perfect spot again. JDS didn't lose because of a split second where he got caught, he lost because he was completely outclassed for 25 minutes and had absolutely no answers. It takes time to earn a rematch after that.

And JDS needs to seriously fix and improve his game. Just say he gets that rematch and gets blasted away again. When will Cain vs JDS happen again? I say never. End of career in UFC (unless Cain retires). He could than move to Bellator or challenge the Klitschko brothers. :p

I for one as a fan would rather they wait awhile before they have their rematch.

Puncher's chance against an injured fighter versus total domination. The last fight wasn't even close. I wanted Cain to win because JDS was talking way too arrogant going into this fight. But damn, I felt sorry for JDS. It wasn't close. Only thing that made be a bit happy for JDS was his big heart. But damn, I don't want to see that fight again anytime soon.

Anyway. He wanted to fight Reem right? He figured before the fight Bigfoot would win so he will get his fight. If not, he might meet up after Reem meets Cain (win or lose).

Anyway. What is up with JDS? Continuously talking about Overeem and now he lost to Cain he wants Cain again. Go fix yourself first dude. And as said before I have never seen a champion being dominated this hard. He needs at least 1 preferable two more fights before he can get a go at Cain again.

Oh here we go with the injured BS and punchers chance. No such thing pal.....JDS aimed....connected and put Cain`s light out. Punchers chance my ass. And dont give me that it wasnt even close BS, cause Cain was gassed out in the last 2 rounds, JDS defended the takedowns and landed the sig strikes....check the numbers. Cain dominated that fight, but JDS didnt go away and was in there till the end.

What are you affraid off? Seems like Cain fans are scared of this rematch....avoiding it like a virus.

Well I think the reasoning there (and Dana alluded to it) is getting caught (or losing a close decision as we saw a few times at 155) warrants a rematch sooner than getting thoroughly dominated for 25 minutes.

Except he's said exactly the opposite enough times, no? He wouldn't give Lyoto a rubber match against Shogun because Lyoto was knocked out.

JDS didn't lose because of a split second where he got caught, he lost because he was completely outclassed for 25 minutes and had absolutely no answers. It takes time to earn a rematch after that.

Except maybe he did. He took that one really big shot early and was never the same after that.

Maybe it would have been better for his chance of a rematch if it had knocked him out instead of him surviving to a decision?

And JDS needs to seriously fix and improve his game. Just say he gets that rematch and gets blasted away again. When will Cain vs JDS happen again? I say never. End of career in UFC (unless Cain retires). He could than move to Bellator or challenge the Klitschko brothers. :p

What will happen when Cain gets KTFO out again????? Same scenario...JDS doesnt have to really improve much, he defended most of the takedowns and got right back up. He was tentative on offense and was too worried about the takedown...it a game plan and stragtey thing more then anything.

If you ask me....I'll take the guy who needs one shot to win the fight. Cain had a zombie, a guy who was barely even offering any offense and still couldnt put him away. He threw everything he could at JDS and he was still standing.

Cant say the same about Cain....one shot.....64 secs and lights out.

Well he had answers....check the fight stats. Look how he defended the takedowns......look how quickly he got up if Cain did get him down. Look who landed more sig strikes in the last 2 rounds.

Cain dominated in the first 3 rounds, mainly cause he hurt him early.....after that....it was a close fight cause he couldnt put him away. JDS landed more sig stirkes in round 4 and 5, he defended nearly every takedown Cain attempted. Cain may have outlclassed him, but dont tell me JDS had no answers. He has to make a few small adjustments.

imo, he should get the rematch after one fight, like Cain.

fair is fair

Back