Dos Santos:Fans wants to see a rematch right now.

I think JDS is awesome. But we don't. I want to see JDS get a few fights under his belt first.

This.

Maybe the fans he talks to...

But who should he fight next?

Rubber match is the finale of a trilogy.

Try sticking to the concept and not nitpicking at trivial semantics.

That's exactly what i said.

I'm not disproving anyone's point. Just making a point that you can't call Cain-JDS II a "rubber match." Because it wasn't.

Would you rather not be told, and keep getting it wrong?

You are in no position to criticize somebody's understanding of concepts when you don't even understand the concept of a rubber match.
Seriously, this.

That's exactly what i said.

I'm not disproving anyone's point. Just making a point that you can't call Cain-JDS II a "rubber match." Because it wasn't.

Feel better now?

What you said wasn't original because if you check this relatively small thread, it has been mentioned before.

It's an easily understandable mistake.

I was thinking rubber match, because that's what we would have if JDS and Cain fought again.

If AO beats Bigfoot, there's no doubt that he's the legitimate number 1 contender.

That puts JDS at least 2 fights in the bucket before he gets the title shot.

JDS can wreck shop, but Mark H. is a statistical nightmare match up for him, and if Hunt wins his next match, JDS could very well dismiss notions of a Cain rubber match.

I still think Overeem, should he lose to Bigfoot via underdog shining through, that he can beat JDS.

If JDS gets lined up with proper opponents, then the trilogy with Cain should be complete, but there are a very few terrible match ups for him that could very realistically manifest.

I'm all for a rematch, but I'd definitely like to know for a fact that he's improved before taking one. Try and find him a decent wrestler in the division. Probably won't happen, though.

I root for JDS in the fights (I still like Cain, but I like JDS more), but I don't want another quick rematch. I hate immediate rematches and rematches that are too soon (JDS vs Cain 2 was too damn soon)

I'm sure some fans do. And while I'm a fan, I don't wish to see this match up so soon. Let him decimate someone first then get his shot. It's only fair...

I would rather he beat up on someone else first, just to get the kinks out.

They've pulled fights apart before, but Werdum and Nog are doing Brazilian tuf. Not impossible, but it would be bad if both tuf Brazil's didn't have the coaches fight at the end.

I agree that tuf makes this more unlikely,
but not unprecedented... henderson/bisping was months after their tuf finished
brock/jds never happened
tito ortiz was replaced midway in his season

hw is not deep... I dont think jds will be medically cleared for fighting
if they want cain to fight in the next 6 months and overeem loses or gets injured
its a short list of people

Hm. According to the article, if Overeem wins, he gets a shot, but if he loses, then JDS gets it. Very disrespectful for Bigfoot who always agrees to fight the best competitors

Hm. According to the article, if Overeem wins, he gets a shot, but if he loses, then JDS gets it. Very disrespectful for Bigfoot who always agrees to fight the best competitors

BF Silva got mauled by Cain. He was probably one loss away from getting cut. I dont see how a win or a loss to him is even relavent. As far as im concerned, he is just a gimme fight inbetween a real match up with a real contender.

I don't think so. JDS needs to beat a couple top heavy weights to get another shot. Overeem and Cormier would be nice.

only rematch i want to see involving JDS is a werdum rematch.

BF Silva got mauled by Cain. He was probably one loss away from getting cut. I dont see how a win or a loss to him is even relavent. As far as im concerned, he is just a gimme fight inbetween a real match up with a real contender.

Yeah, that was just as nasty as the DC fight.

A win over Travis Browne doesn't rectify much.

Even should he beat Overeem, he should still have to fight JDS and a Mir or something.

Yeah, that was just as nasty as the DC fight.

A win over Travis Browne doesn't rectify much.

Even should he beat Overeem, he should still have to fight JDS and a Mir or something.

Great minds think alike.

Yeah, not sure why exactly Bigfoot is being considered in title discussion at the moment considering Cain destroyed him two fights ago and he was probably fighting for his job against Browne.

Back