Dorticos vs Gassiev - Saturday 3rd February

100% agree. I don't see that Usyk either throws or takes a better punch than Dorticos

I think Usyk is better than Dorticos, but I don't think he takes damage like that. Gassiev has a lot in common with Beterbiev except he's bigger and hits harder, and Beterbiev gave Usyk plenty of issues in the amateurs.

I had it 6-5 Gassiev going in but Gassiev arguably didn't win a round until the 4th.
And Usyk would dominate him and Dorticos in the same night

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

Deluded beyond belief.

Usyk - Gassiev is very promising.

On a side note I wouldn't mind watching Breidis - Dorticos.

Dorticos did well trying to box Gassiev up, but he has too hard a time defending himself.

The second half of the fight, he didn't have enough pop (or variety) to keep Gassiev from getting to him and opening him up. Gassiev's defense was really good too. Dorticos was busy but he wasn't landing much, and when he did he was pulling his right hand so he wouldn't get blasted with a hook in return.

I had it 6-5 Gassiev going in but Gassiev arguably didn't win a round until the 4th.
And Usyk would dominate him and Dorticos in the same night
I had it the same going into the 12th... 6-5 Gassiev. I think Usyk beats him by outboxing Gassiev over 12.

The winner of Gassiev-Usyk is 5th on my P4P list.

That's not unreasonable. I do question the overall talent of the division, but there aren't a ton of guys at their peak right now in boxing with a great body of work, so it's reasonable.

I think Usyk is better than Dorticos, but I don't think he takes damage like that. Gassiev has a lot in common with Beterbiev except he's bigger and hits harder, and Beterbiev gave Usyk plenty of issues in the amateurs.
Usyk can't take punches like that but he doesn't get hit nearly as easily as Dorticos. I think he's too slick for Gassiev.

The second half of the fight, he didn't have enough pop (or variety) to keep Gassiev from getting to him and opening him up. Gassiev's defense was really good too. Dorticos was busy but he wasn't landing much, and when he did he was pulling his right hand so he wouldn't get blasted with a hook in return.

That's pretty much how it went. Dorticos delayed something that was bound to happen. He could have made it a slugfest but it was risky as fuck.

Usyk can't take punches like that but he doesn't get hit nearly as easily as Dorticos. I think he's too slick for Gassiev.

You could be right, but Usyk does get hit, especially if a guy can cut the ring on him.

That was a fantastic fight. Similar to last weeks fight. I can't wait for the final.

Boxing tournaments don't always work, but this one delivers.

The Usyk part, did you not watch the fight last week?
Yes but I think Gassiev doesn't land that right hook as much as he did on Dorticos. Just little things that Usyk does better that I think will overwhelm Gassiev.

Yes but I think Gassiev doesn't land that right hook as much as he did on Dorticos. Just little things that Usyk does better that I think will overwhelm Gassiev.

It’s all opinions, can’t wait for it though

Someone should tell him that long elaborate questions with multiple sub questions don't work well with non English speakers.

- How do you see the fight going, do you think Jay-Z will be there, and will you say hello to your mother for me?
- *translator speaks* Yes.

Breidis caught Usyk to the body and he clearly didn't like it. Usyk never looked like hurting Breidis.

I think Gassiev will punish Usyk badly. And I really like Usyk.

Back