Donaldo sues NBA for $1BN

Like a lot of issues, the side that was obviously right pushed way too far. Literally billions of dollars in U.S. currency are being transferred because of a private telephone conversation between a crazy old codger billionaire and his live-in prostitute. I was with them, I would have loved to see Donald get a few million in fines and watch to see how the player market reacted. But instead of letting the court of public opinion make a fair judgement and punish him accordingly, they shove all the reactionary punishments through before all the facts are even in. There are no winners, I guess Donald is getting paid a ton, Ballmer gets a sports team penis enlargement, and everyone else gets to pat themselves on the back for how racist they are not. Donald is going to die soon anyway, and eventually all of us, why is everyone so angry and stupid?

Why is it crazy?

It's a business, and Donaldo is bad for business. Can't be alienating and disparaging your entire workforce.

He signed morality clauses, violated them, got his team taken away.

All these free speech warriors keep acting like he's being sent to a concentration camp instead of making billions of dollars.

Not a shred of sympathy for him. Save it for someone who actually needs it.

Im not defending the guy at all.
Its crazy to me to take the guys team away. In all for banning him from games etc, thats suitable to me and seems like the right thing.
Everyone who is still going to their games (are they still in the playoffs?), playing and taking a paycheck threw their morals right out the window, but want to take something away from the guy.
If the league want pushing this I don't think it would get 1/10 the fucks given. And its not lije the guy wasn't sued for a big chunk of change in the past...like people are just now realizing he had the beliefs he has lol.

Why is it crazy?

It's a business, and Donaldo is bad for business. Can't be alienating and disparaging your entire workforce.

He signed morality clauses, violated them, got his team taken away.

All these free speech warriors keep acting like he's being sent to a concentration camp instead of making billions of dollars.

Not a shred of sympathy for him. Save it for someone who actually needs it.
For me, it's a privacy issue, not a free speech issue.
ESPN said:
But sources with knowledge of the league's strategy say there are, in fact, actual contracts that it will maintain Sterling violated should he choose to fight the league's desire to force him to sell the team if the league can get the required 75 percent of owners to agree to make the move.

One of those documents, which Sterling signed when he first bought the Clippers in 1981, and signed various amended versions since, states that an owner will not take any position or action that will materially and adversely affect a team or the league. Owners also sign morals clauses, which state that they will be upheld to the highest standard of ethical and moral behavior.
He took no position. He was speaking in the privacy of his own home. It was without his knowledge that his comments were promulgated. Therefore, I find it illogical to the point of being immoral to assign action to him.

I'm a little tired of PC agenda white knights, myself. The sense of moral entitlement without any regard for circumstance or narrative is certainly infuriating.
I'm white knighting because I don't believe in kissing black ass based on a private conversation.
Meh, you and Workers United are sort of made for each other.

Donald Sterling aims to 'dig up' dirt

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's team of lawyers has hired four private investigation firms to dig up "dirt" on the NBA's former and current commissioners and its 29 other owners, a source confirmed to ESPN.com.

The move was earlier reported by The Associated Press, citing a person familiar with Sterling's legal strategy.

Investigators were given a six-figure budget over the next 30 days to examine the league's finances, allegations of previous discriminatory conduct, and compensation to past commissioner David Stern and current commissioner Adam Silver, said the AP source, who spoke Thursday night on condition of anonymity. The person wasn't authorized to talk publicly.

"Now his objective is to demonstrate for everybody that the NBA is a damned hypocrite," Sterling attorney Bobby Samini told ESPN.com on Wednesday. "We're going to pull every case against the NBA. Then we'll demonstrate that the culture of racism and gender discrimination is born at the NBA, where Adam Silver has worked in a high-level position for a long time."

Donaldo is going in!

Go home, Donaldo. You're drunk.

If I was commish, I would already have sent a couple associates to visit Donaldo a long time ago.

1372686587_John%20Travolta%20Vincent%20Vega-Samuel%20L%20Jackson%20Jules%20Winfred.jpg

Come on.
You're not hoping something good comes out of this? By 'good' I mean, juicy info.

hoping to hear that stern has a ladyboy lover

Looks like they already got some info on MJ:

BqA6b3lCEAAMc60.png

Come on.
You're not hoping something good comes out of this? By 'good' I mean, juicy info.
If he uncovers the scandal that fucked my Kings in Game 6, racist dipshit or not, he'll be the greatest man who ever lived in basketball for the rest of my life, I swear on books I don't even believe in.

Looks like they already got some info on MJ:

BqA6b3lCEAAMc60.png
"Believes Space Jam actually happened. Fired assistant who disagreed."

Oh, c'mon, now the fucking PI service is trolling him? This is gold, Jerry, gold!!!

Put yourself in his shoes. If an entity that you were partnered with in good faith suddenly backed a no holds barred character assassination campaign against you that was so massive it became front page news across mainstream America and even worldwide, all over a private argument you had with your prostitute that was illegally recorded, you would probably feel a little vengeful as well.

If he uncovers the scandal that fucked my Kings in Game 6, racist dipshit or not, he'll be the greatest man who ever lived in basketball for the rest of my life, I swear on books I don't even believe in.

Well, that might be worth it then.

Come on Donaldo!!!

Put yourself in his shoes. If an entity that you were partnered with in good faith suddenly backed a no holds barred character assassination campaign against you that was so massive it became front page news across mainstream America and even worldwide, all over a private argument you had with your prostitute that was illegally recorded, you would probably feel a little vengeful as well.

Uhhh, I think a 'little' vengeful is a HUGE understatement.

donaldo should just leave. he didn't do anything for his team to be worth the amount that it is now. he should just cash out and die already.

What a greedy piece of shit, take that billion dollar with you to your grave you old fuck & buy yourself a gold casket.

Donaghy already explained game 6 with the kings.

Donaghy already explained game 6 with the kings.
I know, but I'm talking about a smoking gun (rather than testimony from a disgraced racketeer) that forces the NBA to retroactively revoke that trophy from the Laker's shelf. Something that forces Laker fans to choke on the truth: evidence beyond any reasonable doubt. I'm talking about something so undeniable you could hang a rich white guy for it in Marin County.

Back