Donaldo sues NBA for $1BN

I was pretty sure diminished mentally capacity was only really an issue in criminal cases, but wasn't sure. Thanks

it shows up from time to time, including situations involving entering into contracts.

if you take advantage of someone who doesn't speak the language, or someone who has a condition that deems them incapacitated or take advantage of special relationship (parent/child, husband/wife) then the contract can be negated.

it shows up from time to time, including situations involving entering into contracts.

if you take advantage of someone who doesn't speak the language, or someone who has a condition that deems them incapacitated or take advantage of special relationship (parent/child, husband/wife) then the contract can be negated.

So in this case could his mental state affect the sale negotiations

So in this case could his mental state affect the sale negotiations

as far as the trust goes, I don't know the rules of the trust. There has been a report of the trust rule but without having access to the language, context and a view at the document as a whole, I'm hesitant to comment on it.

The timing of it is a bit suspect. Need to push a multi-billion dollar deal through immediately, guy won't sell and now he's incapacitated.

I had no idea he was declared mentally incompetent.

In a way I hope he really is, and I hope all the people that have given him excessive shit in the media this past month feel like dumbasses.

Is Donaldo an ironic name for him?

All Americans should counter sue for brain damage from listening to him rant about nonsense. :icon_chee

In a way I hope he really is, and I hope all the people that have given him excessive shit in the media this past month feel like dumbasses.

Is Donaldo an ironic name for him?

Sterling has been a known racist around the NBA for like 20 years. This is what I continue to be confused about concerning this case.

I think it's strange this all happens at a point when the team is at peak value. That's all I'm saying.

The fact the man is 80 years old really sickens me about all this attention more. He's close to death, but they still got to drag him through the mud to kiss black ass.

And I agree about punishing the woman behind the tapings. Unfortunately, it won't happen, but Sterling should have her killed when he is on his last legs. At that point, what would he have to lose? She ruined his image in the public eye anyways.

"Mentally incapacitated"? Is the NBA being serious? Is that the road they're going to take? That the precedent they're trying to set? Now our rationale for taking businesses away from old people who worked their whole lives to earn them is that they have Alzheimer's?

Wow, that isn't going to get abused...it is absolutely astonishing to me that throughout this entire imbroglio that Donald Sterling has consistently proven the lesser of two evils. Fucking mind-boggling.

Wow, that isn't going to get abused...it is absolutely astonishing to me that throughout this entire imbroglio that Donald Sterling has consistently proven the lesser of two evils. Fucking mind-boggling.

I disagree. He's come off looking horrible, and saying and doing horrible things. In fact I'm amazed at his ability to one-up people in being a scumbag.

The fact that I believe some shady stuff might be conspiring against him does not take away, for me, the fact that this guy is a bonafide scumbag whose destroyed peoples lives for years. I blame the NBA for not stopping this bigot a long time ago. Instead, they protected and hid his racism because it was bad for business.

I really think it's because the Clippers are a real bonafide high profile team now that they realize they can capitalize on it better with somebody else in there.

As long as the Clippers served as a minor league team nobody really cared. Now it's different, especially with the Lakers downfall.

That's my best speculation. But geez lets not make Sterling into a hero.

I disagree. He's come off looking horrible, and saying and doing horrible things. In fact I'm amazed at his ability to one-up people in being a scumbag.

The fact that I believe some shady stuff might be conspiring against him does not take away, for me, the fact that this guy is a bonafide scumbag whose destroyed peoples lives for years. I blame the NBA for not stopping this bigot a long time ago. Instead, they protected and hid his racism because it was bad for business.

I really think it's because the Clippers are a real bonafide high profile team now that they realize they can capitalize on it better with somebody else in there.

As long as the Clippers served as a minor league team nobody really cared. Now it's different, especially with the Lakers downfall.

That's my best speculation. But geez lets not make Sterling into a hero.
I couldn't care less what your opinion is on anything pertaining to race. You're a bigot.

I couldn't care less what your opinion is on anything pertaining to race. You're a bigot.

I have this policy of avoiding talking to mods, for reasons I won't get into but that go back years. I thought maybe I'd relax that policy for the sports bar right now.

I think it went well.

I had no idea he was declared mentally incompetent.

This is the first I've heard of that too.

And this is going to get crazy got him and the nba. I'm glad hes fighting back in some sort of fashion against them.

The guys is in the wrong BIG TIME from a moral standpoint but I think it's crazy to try to make the man sell his basketball team. I feel like the league dropped the ball in the first place for not checking up on who is buying into that league. Bullies imo.

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

This is the first I've heard of that too.

And this is going to get crazy got him and the nba. I'm glad hes fighting back in some sort of fashion against them.

The guys is in the wrong BIG TIME from a moral standpoint but I think it's crazy to try to make the man sell his basketball team. I feel like the league dropped the ball in the first place for not checking up on who is buying into that league. Bullies imo.

Why is it crazy?

It's a business, and Donaldo is bad for business. Can't be alienating and disparaging your entire workforce.

He signed morality clauses, violated them, got his team taken away.

All these free speech warriors keep acting like he's being sent to a concentration camp instead of making billions of dollars.

Not a shred of sympathy for him. Save it for someone who actually needs it.

lol always love some analysis from Chilly Palmcan

Nothing rustles my jimmies more then people white knighting billionaires.

Especially scummy ones.

First they came for the Donaldo, and I did not speak out -- because I was not a Donaldo.

Then they came for the Cubes, and I did not speak out -- because I was not a Cubes.

Then they came for me -- and there was no one left to speak for me.

Back