Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that on Facebook NK and I'm happy to hear it's not for some awful reason like someone screwing you out of money or someone getting sick/dying etc.

Yeah man, thanks. I gotta get this clinic moving, and my off time is spent with the kiddos!

I got rid of the people who were screwing me out of providing merch. I have never dealt with the money except for small donation amounts. I did that purposely so that the agency can see everything going in and out. Its all audited too.

Sorry to hear that dude. Such a great event you've put so much work into.
Gotta take care of priorities though, for sure

I feel like with a year and a half to properly plan and delegate I can step away from the hands-on stuff and just be the mouth piece. Its almost at the point where it could run itself with the right people in place.

My wife took a picture of me at the pool today for my son's first swimming lesson and damn does my upper body look scrawny.

Also, first swimming class today! It was just an intro to being in the water but he seemed to mostly enjoy it.

Yeah and it will be one more week before lifting resumes. My hockey team made the finals so I'm going to do some cardio this week since I've been completely inactive the last two weeks due to work and a throat infection.

But.... soon.

Yeah and it will be one more week before lifting resumes. My hockey team made the finals so I'm going to do some cardio this week since I've been completely inactive the last two weeks due to work and a throat infection.

But.... soon.

Strep?

Not sure. My throat hurt so much that on Wednesday and Thursday night it woke me up multiple times so I decided I would go to the doctor on Monday if I didn't feel better over the weekend. I had read that a viral infection takes 5-7 days to get better and lo and behold by saturday night it started feeling a lot better (I started feeling sick last Sunday).

I did cardio yesterday and felt okay so I think I'm on the mend.

Anyone care about the Solo movie? I'm just hoping for a good time and I think the trailer looks good. Interesting visuals and looks to be action packed.

Anyone care about the Solo movie? I'm just hoping for a good time and I think the trailer looks good. Interesting visuals and looks to be action packed.

I'm stoked about all Disney Star Wars movies. They've been good so far.

Does no one have anything interesting to talk about? Have we all grown up and left the pub life behind?

Well, I'm grabbing a brew, sitting down and chilling. Anyone who wants to join is welcome. I'm here until 4pm EST.

Not that this qualifies as interesting but, its leads to what I would consider an interesting topic... Lift for Kids.

I've been thinking about how the sport of Powerlifting has changed, even in the 5 years I've been involved. I can't imagine what it must be like for those who came before me and who hang on to the way it used to be. It's one of the reasons I'm calling off Lift for Kids this year.

I lifted today for the first time in about 4 months. Worked up to a solid 135x5 squat and 95x5 bench. DOMS are imminent.

My wife had a conversation with a local coffee shop who wants us to provide a pump pot of our coffee for them every day. If it works out, this could be a great jumping point for the coffee roasting company.

I lifted today for the first time in about 4 months. Worked up to a solid 135x5 squat and 95x5 bench. DOMS are imminent.

Welcome back to the world of the lifting. Enjoy the pain!

I got the ole BW down to 243. Still a ways to go, but feels good, man.

I'm pretty sure I've asked before, but what are you trying to get down to?

My wife had a conversation with a local coffee shop who wants us to provide a pump pot of our coffee for them every day. If it works out, this could be a great jumping point for the coffee roasting company.

Congrats! Do they have more than one location?

How has it changed?

I'd say it's popularity has forced certain feds or organizations to focus on particular aspects of the sport. For example RPS have their endless records and divisions providing an environment that encourages participation. EPC is focused on community, charity, look and feel and is much more competitive in execution. OPA/IPF is focused on traditional professionalism and building a perception of credibility.

These have likely always been around, but I am getting the impression that the loyalties are strengthening due to increased exposure. It is creating a "you can't be seen doing this with that person/org/fed/comp/gym, etc." environment. This complicates an event like mine's ability to attract and confirm sponsors, athletes and fundraising dollars.

We are seeing (in my area, anyway) more people getting involved, more meets are being organized and so we are all trying to settle into our own market share by choosing a path. It's not enough anymore to simply say I'm running a meet and welcome the athletes. Athletes are aligning themselves with orgs that share their values towards the sport. I think part of the challenge is that it is becoming much more mainstream and visible and so reluctance to be in the same place as certain people, brands or feds is growing.

Not all of these things are particularly bad. They just provide challenges to me as a meet director. The effect this mainstream activity has had on my meet is that there is greater exposure, which is nice, but there's also greater challenge to attract and retain lifters. LFK is the first of its kind, as far as I know in Ontario, and even Canada for that matter. My model was unique and was working great. My total funds raised has been improving every year and that's great but at what cost? It is time to pack it in on a high note instead of exposing it to the possibility of fizzling out. For now I am working to find ways to improve the model.

Last edited:

Nice one, bruv!

That's great man. You planning an appearance at 93?
Jesus, I haven’t been that light in, like, 10 years.

Thinking 220, right now. My physical appearance is impacting my decision. Me at 240 vs me at 280 is a huge difference, but I’m still not happy with my BF%. Will see what 220 looks like. Moving around is so much easier now, no more waddling, no huffing and puffing to tie my shoes.

I guess I’m not worried about the BW, more the BF%, so I guess the answer would be 15% as I’m currently hovering around 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back