Obscure Terror

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pub!

Welcome O' Brother of the Iron

Put away your cares,
wash the rust and blood stained chalk from your hands,
order up a pint.
Deport some functional fitness gurus and grab 'em by the pussy.
We're gonna build a wall and make Sherdog pay for it.

Time stands still here.​

2433_main_1447380754.png

So Trump is now saying he might not repeal Obamacare...

Welcome to the Pub!

Welcome O' Brother of the Iron

Put away your cares,
wash the rust and blood stained chalk from your hands,
order up a pint.
Deport some functional fitness gurus and grab 'em by the pussy.
We're gonna build a wall and make Cross-shitters pay for it.

Time stands still here.​

2433_main_1447380754.png
fixed

What was the deal with Obamacare? It got a lot of hate but apparently it gave medical coverage to 20 million Americans who previously didn't have it, couldn't afford it, or were exempt from cover? How is that a bad thing?

F13 will never be great again. It never was great. A great F13 is a myth.

Anyway, sup pub. Anyone got any recommendations on a 3-day a week Olylifting program? I really want to snatch 80kg- novice as goal, but one I want to hit anyway. Figure I may as well aim for it while I still don't have any upcoming fights locked in.

F13 will never be great again. It never was great. A great F13 is a myth.

Kind of the like the entire "Make America Great Again" thing. It relies on nostalgia for the past that wasn't as rosy as it seems.

685741_1.jpg

Only 'muricans call or consider america to be great. #nooffense any Americans posting here

Hold ctrl and push F4 three times, then F1 once. It adds them up, but only if you start with ctrl + F4 first.

I saw those, but I'm transitioning from 2 days a week of strength work to 3- I'm pretty time-poor, due to working 6:30am-5:30pm most days, as well as fitting in running, conditioning and actual Muay Thai training.

There was one by CA that I think would possibly be the go for the moment: http://www.catalystathletics.com/ar...t-Olympic-Weightlifting-Program-in-the-World/

Also, congratulations to @Flash_Monsta!

Ta, it's an Improvement but still poop.
Scotland gave them (oz) a better game, and England are looking dominant. Gatland might as well just take the English squad as the lions, since the World Cup they have been immense.

I saw those, but I'm transitioning from 2 days a week of strength work to 3- I'm pretty time-poor, due to working 6:30am-5:30pm most days, as well as fitting in running, conditioning and actual Muay Thai training.

There was one by CA that I think would possibly be the go for the moment: http://www.catalystathletics.com/ar...t-Olympic-Weightlifting-Program-in-the-World/
That's an option as well. If you start out oly lifting and don't need to work your strength at the same moment, working out a program shouldn't be hard. If I were you, I'd try to include a snatch-variant and a C&J-variant in every session. Something like:

Hang Snatch
C&J (1+2/3)
Press
Back Squat

Snatch
PC+Push Press/Push Jerk
Snatch Pull
Front Squat

Power Snatch
C&J (2/3+1)
Clean Pull
Back Squat

Or if you want to include easier and heavier days:

Snatch (light)
PC+Push Press
Snatch Pull
Back Squat/Front Squat

Power Snatch
C&J (light)
Clean Pull
Squats

Snatch (Work up to heavy single/double/triple)
C&J (same)
Squats

Add some accessory work and play around with rep ranges a little, you don't need to "get the volume in" in a hypertrophy-sense, you need the volume to get good at the lifts.

What was the deal with Obamacare? It got a lot of hate but apparently it gave medical coverage to 20 million Americans who previously didn't have it, couldn't afford it, or were exempt from cover? How is that a bad thing?

I have mixed feelings about Obamacare. I understand both sides. It has had real negative affects on small businesses ability to provide insurance to their employees because of some of the requirements that make it more expensive. On the other side of things, my employer has to pay a luxury tax because our insurance is better than what Obamacare allows, if this gets too expensive, we will lose coverage or have to pay out of pocket. It also relies on the expansion of Medicaid to work, and Republican states have prevented that from happening. It works by making young healthy working people subsidize health care costs for others, this puts a burden on a portion of the population that is dealing with an unprecedented amount of student loan debt and stagnant wage levels.

On the other hand, Obamacare does well to protect the most vulnerable parts of the population, helps more people get preventative care, and protects people from refusal of coverage due to pre-existing conditions or lifetime coverage limits. In short, health care reform is/was needed but Obamacare is far from a perfect solution, is there a better solution, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back