Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I read the front page articles on Sherdog. The one aout the fighters pay was a pretty good read. I did find this paragraph very interesting as it shows a pretty distict difference between teaching in Canada (possibly just in Ontario) and teaching in in the United States (Likely a local thing for the author too)

You may be wondering: Who am I to judge the business acumen behind the largest, most successful MMA promotion on the planet? It’s not as if my chosen professions -- teaching and writing -- are signs of good economic judgment. I understand the sentiment, but there are illuminating parallels between teachers and fighters. Teachers teach and fighters fight because they are intrinsically motivated to do what they love. It’s laughable to think anyone goes into either profession for the big bucks. Attempts to pay teachers based on performance have largely failed due to the fact that there’s no clean way to measure performance. Don’t leave it in the hands of the standardized test. This is comparable to the inherent messiness of trying to quantify a fight on a scorecard.

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Stinton-Demotivating-Factors-133979#PfEGSEC5ZYqBEwyK.99

Teachers here are paid obscene amounts and given tons of benefits.

Last edited:
I'll be working the overnight shift tonight, tomorrow and Saturday night. When I'm not working, I'll be unpacking boxes at the new place with the girlfriend. But hopefully we can get that done by Sunday, and I'll have 3 days off afterwards.

Nurse, are you guys looking to expand more towards Kingston, Ottawa, or somewhere completely new?

Nurse, are you guys looking to expand more towards Kingston, Ottawa, or somewhere completely new?

Since we have a clinic in Mallorytown (just east of Ganaquoai) the logical move west would be Napanee area. Ottawa (Barhaven) is definitely on the radar as our next project once Brockville is set up.

I am very much interested in franchising west of Kingston, into Oshawa, Whitby, Brooklyn and on to London, etc...

Since we have a clinic in Mallorytown (just east of Gananoque (fixed this for you)) the logical move west would be Napanee area. Ottawa (Barhaven) is definitely on the radar as our next project once Brockville is set up.

I am very much interested in franchising west of Kingston, into Oshawa, Whitby, Brooklyn and on to London, etc...

That's awesome! Judging by the locations, you're looking to get into up and coming areas?

Do you guys have associates/contacts who are interested in the GTA?

That's awesome! Judging by the locations, you're looking to get into up and coming areas?

Do you guys have associates/contacts who are interested in the GTA?

I would say my choice is more a combination of availability of service and a proximity to larger cities. For example In Prescott you're a 20 minute drive to the nearest ER in Brockville, but you're close enough to Brockville to attract Brockville residence who don't want to wait in ER. As we grow we'd likely see more major city clinics. It also depends on how we approach a franchising model.

We don't have contacts in Toronto or GTA yet.

Picking kiddo up from day care, they’re on a field trip to see a movie. Hoping to relax tomorrow. I work on Saturday. Sunday is Easter dinner with my mom. Monday I take my car to the shop, someone hit me in my stores parking lot, 3k in damage, hit and run.

I would say my choice is more a combination of availability of service and a proximity to larger cities. For example In Prescott you're a 20 minute drive to the nearest ER in Brockville, but you're close enough to Brockville to attract Brockville residence who don't want to wait in ER. As we grow we'd likely see more major city clinics. It also depends on how we approach a franchising model.

We don't have contacts in Toronto or GTA yet.

Have you looked into Pickering? It's on the edge of Toronto, but Durham region is still very much accessible.

2 big markets for the price of 1!

But I feel like driving distances to get somewhere as opposed to waiting around is more of a smaller town thing, where as city living is all about what's closest, even if the wait sucks.

Picking kiddo up from day care, they’re on a field trip to see a movie. Hoping to relax tomorrow. I work on Saturday. Sunday is Easter dinner with my mom. Monday I take my car to the shop, someone hit me in my stores parking lot, 3k in damage, hit and run.

That's brutal. Are you going through insurance for it?

Have you looked into Pickering? It's on the edge of Toronto, but Durham region is still very much accessible.

2 big markets for the price of 1!

But I feel like driving distances to get somewhere as opposed to waiting around is more of a smaller town thing, where as city living is all about what's closest, even if the wait sucks.
Pickering is a very attractive area for us. Its definitely an area that is developing fast.

I hate that shit. My wife wonders why I chose to park where no one else does.
Where I work provides very little option, a poorly laid out parking lot close to a major thoroughfare that sees its fair share of park and ride. Lots of cars. Everywhere.

Also the voice of an old guy who has to do those things if he wants to function properly the next day.

Oblivion - I thought you didn't drink (or drink much) anymore.

I didn't drink at all for like 3-4 years. My body was physically addicted when I stopped back then from years of drinking nearly every day in college and after college. I'm able to drink like a normal person again.

I made the decision to cancel Lift for Kids this year.
Pretty tough but I have to take some time and refocus my priorities. My kids are getting more involved in stuff, I'm running a small business and working full time. Something had to give.

I totally get that Doug. I know how hard it is to let something like that go. Hopefully this might inspire someone else in your area to step up and take the reins, and give you a break.

I totally get that Doug. I know how hard it is to let something like that go. Hopefully this might inspire someone else in your area to step up and take the reins, and give you a break.

Won't be permanent. I'm just taking the break.

I saw that on Facebook NK and I'm happy to hear it's not for some awful reason like someone screwing you out of money or someone getting sick/dying etc.

I made the decision to cancel Lift for Kids this year.
Pretty tough but I have to take some time and refocus my priorities. My kids are getting more involved in stuff, I'm running a small business and working full time. Something had to give.

Sorry to hear that dude. Such a great event you've put so much work into.
Gotta take care of priorities though, for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back