Domestic Violence.

Because males don't know how to be real men today. They don't know how to win a woman's heart, but they know how to beat a woman.

Seriously?

Violence against women used to be more prevalent, not less.

Music, movies, upbringing, abusive parents, drugs, alcohol, religion due to women serving men theory as well as religion itself serving another one's train of thought other than one's own genuine thoughts, etc. :icon_chee

The same reason it happens everywhere: Men get away with it. Westerners are not some different species, you know. If you allow them to beat women with no repercussions, they will do it, just as if there were no repercussions to beating a man.

How they get away with it, would be the more interesting question. I think the trick is conservative gender roles. You need to shame/force the woman into becoming a breeder and thus make her dependent upon the male. Make her not have an education (college is for filthy sluts!) and as little work experience as possible by marrying early. Basically have her stay home and raise kids all day. You also need to indoctrinate her into considering the traditional family sacred and inviolable (legislation helps) so that she will stay because Jesus said so or "for the good of the children". Then, even if you beat her, her options are drastically limited, thus minimizing the consequences.

This is incredibly stupid. Married women at home with their husbands are the least likely to be abused or raped compared to single women.

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...still-the-safest-place-for-women-and-children

FBI National Crime Victimization Survey said:
Married women with children suffer far less abuse than single mothers. In fact, the rate of spousal, boyfriend, or domestic partner abuse is twice as high among mothers who have never been married as it is among mothers who have ever married (including those separated or divorced).
Married women with children are far less likely to suffer from violent crime in general or at the hands of intimate acquaintances or strangers. Mothers who have never married--including those who are single and living either alone or with a boyfriend and those who are cohabiting with their child's father--are more than twice as likely to be victims of violent crime than are mothers who have ever married.
Other social science surveys demonstrate that marriage is the safest place for children as well. For example:
Children of divorced or never-married mothers are six to 30 times more likely to suffer from serious child abuse than are children raised by both biological parents in marriage.

This is incredibly stupid. Married women at home with their husbands are the least likely to be abused or raped compared to single women.
Single women are more likely to face domestic violence, yes. Makes perfect sense. I think you have a history of saying incredibly stupid things so please don't add to it, just stick to the topic.

Single women are more likely to face domestic violence, yes. Makes perfect sense. I think you have a history of saying incredibly stupid things so please don't add to it, just stick to the topic.

You said:

Make her not have an education (college is for filthy sluts!) and as little work experience as possible by marrying early. Basically have her stay home and raise kids all day. You also need to indoctrinate her into considering the traditional family sacred and inviolable (legislation helps) so that she will stay because Jesus said so or "for the good of the children".

You said that marrying and having children leads to situations where abuse is easier. I showed you a link showing married women suffer abuse less than single women. Just admit you were wrong- marriage actually helps prevent domestic violence.

He phrased his response weirdly but his point was that traditional families tend to experience less violence than less traditional ones.

The one aspect of the traditional gender role that does make DV worse is having the male as the sole breadwinner. Economic dependency on a partner can understandably make a person less likely to leave when there is violence. However dual income households are becoming more common nowadays.

Not every culture living in the west has improved their attitude towards this sort of thing.

With an ex of mine, every one of her aunts and older female family members had been smacked.

You said that marrying and having children leads to situations where abuse is easier. I showed you a link showing married women suffer abuse less than single women. Just admit you were wrong- marriage actually helps prevent domestic violence.
Just admit you were wrong. You used single women getting raped as an argument in a discussion on domestic violence. Single women - rape - domestic violence. Top #10 dumb things I've read here.

Also blaming domestic violence on alcohol is embarrassing if you are a grown ass man. Not even stupid, just overwhelmingly embarrassing. Nobody beats his wife because he is drunk. Anyone who accepts this retarded excuse is basically promoting violence against women by validating such a cowardly excuse.

We have read before that men are just as likely as women to be victims of domestic violence. Women-on-men violence in domestic settings is just a big taboo.

The death count - I'd attribute it to male "violence overkill", i.e. you'll probably get deaths when you "just" wanted to smack her real good. Conversely, women beating men will do damage and humiliation, but will in most cases not be able to "accidentally" kill the man in a fit of rage.

yea my best friend has legit been hit by his wife. She threw a cell phone and busted him in the head once. Another time she took the cord from his laptop charger and whipped him in the legs. He had this huge gash it was crazy.

Just admit you were wrong. You used single women getting raped as an argument in a discussion on domestic violence. Single women - rape - domestic violence. Top #10 dumb things I've read here.

Also blaming domestic violence on alcohol is embarrassing if you are a grown ass man. Not even stupid, just overwhelmingly embarrassing. Nobody beats his wife because he is drunk. Anyone who accepts this retarded excuse is basically promoting violence against women by validating such a cowardly excuse.

I'm stupid for suggesting alcohol plays a role in domestic violence?

Hmmm....

Researchers have concluded that eighty-seven percent of all program directors in the United States believe that risk for domestic violence increases when both spouses drink (Collins and Spencer, 2002). Between twenty-five and fifty percent of all domestic violence incidents begin with drinking (Tennessee Association of Alcohol, Drug and other Addiction).

Look, if you want to take a dump on Christianity and traditional families there are plenty of threads to do it in.But the reality is, women who are married suffer less abuse and rape than unmarried women, and their children are safer as well.

yea my best friend has legit been hit by his wife. She threw a cell phone and busted him in the head once. Another time she took the cord from his laptop charger and whipped him in the legs. He had this huge gash it was crazy.

There is surprising gender symmetry in domestic violence and more and more groups and shelters are acknowledging male victims of domestic violence.

I'm stupid for suggesting alcohol plays a role in domestic violence?

Hmmm....
My bad, you said "plays a factor" whereas I read "is to blame".

Look, if you want to take a dump on Christianity and traditional families there are plenty of threads to do it in.But the reality is, women who are married suffer less abuse and rape than unmarried women, and their children are safer as well.
Reality is you are setting up a stupid comparison because you are enamored with the Conservative Circlejerk Foundation. They group their statistics on" total victimization" leading to impressively dumb arguments like "single women face less domestic abuse".

Marriage itself isn't a conservative value. Plenty of left, centrists, progressives, apathetic and apolitical people marry. Newsflash. Even fucking gay people marry.

Yet the type of marriage and control of women I am talking about definitely is a conservative and enables violence. So when you find a statistic that compares how men treat women and their ideological backgrounds in comparison to domestic violence then we can talk. Comparing married women to single ones is retarded and says nothing on their values and also I apologize to the retards for associating them with that moronic "Foundation".

There is surprising gender symmetry in domestic violence and more and more groups and shelters are acknowledging male victims of domestic violence.

Yep. The even more fucked up part is that when they were going to get divorced she filed false abuse charges on him. He had to go talk to a detective and was able to convince him that it was BS. Why he still stayed with her? I'll never know. Even worse his own Mom and Dad refuse to see him or his kids anymore until she agrees to go to counseling with them. I love the girl she can be a great person but she treats the people in her relationship like shit. Her last BF she just moved out on him one day didn't say shit.

Yep. The even more fucked up part is that when they were going to get divorced she filed false abuse charges on him. He had to go talk to a detective and was able to convince him that it was BS. Why he still stayed with her? I'll never know. Even worse his own Mom and Dad refuse to see him or his kids anymore until she agrees to go to counseling with them. I love the girl she can be a great person but she treats the people in her relationship like shit. Her last BF she just moved out on him one day didn't say shit.

Seems rough, your friend really should try to get her to go to counseling with him but I'm guessing he's already tried and hit a wall.

My bad, you said "plays a factor" whereas I read "is to blame".

Reality is you are setting up a stupid comparison because you are enamored with the Conservative Circlejerk Foundation. They group their statistics on" total victimization" leading to impressively dumb arguments like "single women face less domestic abuse".

Marriage itself isn't a conservative value. Plenty of left, centrists, progressives, apathetic and apolitical people marry. Newsflash. Even fucking gay people marry.

Yet the type of marriage and control of women I am talking about definitely is a conservative and enables violence. So when you find a statistic that compares how men treat women and their ideological backgrounds in comparison to domestic violence then we can talk. Comparing married women to single ones is retarded and says nothing on their values and also I apologize to the retards for associating them with that moronic "Foundation".

Is there any study on the religious beliefs, church attendance and home-maker status of wives which correlates those three traits with domestic violence?

Is there any study on the religious beliefs, church attendance and home-maker status of wives which correlates those three traits with domestic violence?

My wife is in serious trouble then;) Actually she's can handle her own. I like to grapple with her though.

Back